Sign in to follow this  
afl5013

Le'Veon Bell 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

Bell has given up a whole season of his career. He is missing  out on a chance to win a championship. The Steelers may fall short of winning a Super Bowl because Bell isn't there.

He is not only being selfish, he is being stupid!

Bell would fit in beautifully in the offense offence June Jones is running right now for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mongidig said:

Bell has given up a whole season of his career. He is missing  out on a chance to win a championship. The Steelers may fall short of winning a Super Bowl because Bell isn't there.

He is not only being selfish, he is being stupid!

Stupid???  Because he wants to take care of his family for generations.  Football is a violent sport.  He’s risking his body and his brain.  The man wants what he deserves.  No one is talking about the crooked, corrupt, selfish, owners, GM’s, and Commish.  Their the ones reaping the rewards while these players damaging their bodies physically and mentally.  See how stupid he is when he signs a nice contract in the off season.  This isn’t high school or college where you let your team down.  This is a business.  His teammates completely understand.  Trust me.

8 hours ago, dashoe said:

yeah we call that  a job search and interview process. . .:lol:

Do you work in a field that has only 32 companies to work for?

23 minutes ago, reichl555 said:

Stupid???  Because he wants to take care of his family for generations.  Football is a violent sport.  He’s risking his body and his brain.  The man wants what he deserves.  No one is talking about the crooked, corrupt, selfish, owners, GM’s, and Commish.  Their the ones reaping the rewards while these players damaging their bodies physically and mentally.  See how stupid he is when he signs a nice contract in the off season.  This isn’t high school or college where you let your team down.  This is a business.  His teammates completely understand.  Trust me.

If he is that concerned about his physical and mental well being why doesn't he just retire? He clearly can handle pissing away 14 million dollars. The man is going to get what the market is willing to give. Running backs are not as important as he seems to think apparently.

46 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Do you work in a field that has only 32 companies to work for?

actually fewer than a dozen

16 minutes ago, dashoe said:

actually fewer than a dozen

nationwide? ...doubtful

1 hour ago, reichl555 said:

You would have better luck with a brick wall. 

26 minutes ago, psygolf said:

nationwide? ...doubtful

HAHA that's rich you want to tell me about my business. . .:rolleyes:

And when  I say less than a dozen I meant GLOBALLY. . .:lol:

Just now, dashoe said:

HAHA that's rich you want to tell me about my business. . .:rolleyes:

And when  I say less than a dozen I meant GLOBALLY. . .:lol:

So your professional skill-set has you limited to less than 12 companies that could use/afford you...please share.

Bell isn't going to make up the $14 mil he lost, and he isn't going to get the Gurley like deal he expects.  He will end up on a team like the Jets or Raiders, get his butt handed to him behind a crap line and realize the huge mistake he made.  Pittsburgh has one of the best OL in football. He's going to find out how much of his success was behind those guys.  As a Steelers fan I am glad he didn't show.  As an owner playing against a guy with Conner this week I wish he would have shown. LOL

21 minutes ago, tarpon6 said:

Bell isn't going to make up the $14 mil he lost, and he isn't going to get the Gurley like deal he expects.  He will end up on a team like the Jets or Raiders, get his butt handed to him behind a crap line and realize the huge mistake he made.  Pittsburgh has one of the best OL in football. He's going to find out how much of his success was behind those guys.  As a Steelers fan I am glad he didn't show.  As an owner playing against a guy with Conner this week I wish he would have shown. LOL

So he won’t get at least  $14 mil guaranteed?? Of course he will.  He might not get Gurley numbers but he’ll do just fine.  I want to ask all you Bell haters out there: What if he signed that tag and tore his ACL without signing that contract with the big guaranteed money?  Would you look at the situation differently?

7 minutes ago, reichl555 said:

So he won’t get at least  $14 mil guaranteed?? Of course he will.  He might not get Gurley numbers but he’ll do just fine.  I want to ask all you Bell haters out there: What if he signed that tag and tore his ACL without signing that contract with the big guaranteed money?  Would you look at the situation differently?

I'd say those are the breaks. I'd suggest reporting on time and getting in a full training camp like every other player does. 

He may end up making more money this way but he will still be seen a douchebag with little chance of fixing that image. Lebron was selfish and went to Miami and was seen as a douchebag. The difference is that Lebron is a mega superstar who can make any team and instant contender and therefore was able to restore his image. Bell was just a good player on a good team. I don't think things will turn out as well for him.

22 minutes ago, reichl555 said:

What if he signed that tag and tore his ACL without signing that contract with the big guaranteed money?  Would you look at the situation differently?

If he had the ACL injury happen to him, without taking out an insurance policy to guard against it, I'd probably think he was a bigger fool, yes.

Edited by psygolf

41 minutes ago, reichl555 said:

Yes he will but he's never making up the 14 he lost this year.  He'll do fine financially, but not as well as he thinks and he'll likely be on a crap team. Good luck to him.

3 hours ago, reichl555 said:

Because he wants to take care of his family for generations.

Ahahaaahahaha! 

Huge lol at thinking Le'Veon is doing this to "take care of his family". The only person he's thought about this entire year is himself... and he couldn't even get that right.

8 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Ahahaaahahaha! 

Huge lol at thinking Le'Veon is doing this to "take care of his family". The only person he's thought about this entire year is himself... and he couldn't even get that right.

Oh cool, mentalism! I love this stuff. Okay, tell me...what do I have in my pocket right now?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Hopefully he got some gap coverage. 

Isn't that what a fullback is for? Bell's never had gap coverage.

It's too bad the 2019 thread was apparently nerfed, because that's the only discussion left imo.

I'm locked into taking Bell with a 2nd Rd pick in a Dynasty next year. I'm thinking he's a drop in that situation. There's no telling where he winds up, correct?

Edited by SuperJoint

1 minute ago, mongidig said:

This is the time were I think teams should collude and not sign him. 

Regardless - he has put himself into a very vulnerable situation. 

He needs to pop a few Rocky movies in and work out accordingly because he's not just going to be handed more than what he just lost.

2 hours ago, reichl555 said:

I am not a Bell hater, but in this thread I have criticized his actions and statements.  So I will field this one.  What if Bell had played this year and torn his ACL?  He would have made $14 million, and still head free agency.  But without the baggage of acting like a turd this year, playing peekaboo, and ultimately sitting out the whole season.  I think this move is not going to work out for Bell.  Prediction: he will be offered less money, and less guaranteed money, than $14 million.  Perhaps he will not get any offers he thinks are good enough, and we will see him sitting out again in 2019.

3 hours ago, reichl555 said:

Here is why I think many people are saying he made a bad decision:

For this decision to be “good” he needs to make at least 14 million more on his next deal than he would have gotten has he just played this year and still been a free agent.

He will get more than 14 million guaranteed on his next deal but that’s not the comparison. It’s 14million + deal he would have gotten if he played vs 0 + whatever he lands in FA. I think option 1 was much better and safer (with an insurance policy).

Had an injury occurred, his stock would have obviously been down, but not zero. An insurance policy could have covered for this, but ARob just got a nice deal coming off a season lost to an ACL tear and ARob only had 1 good season. Plus, if Bell for example got hurt playing basketball right now, or working out, etc. he’d be SOL.

I believe his ego was hurt with the Gurley deal and he now thinks this is what’s best, I just disagree and don’t see him making up that 14 million since I believe the deal he gets this year would basically be the same either way.

12 hours ago, psygolf said:

So your professional skill-set has you limited to less than 12 companies that could use/afford you...please share.

Sorry sir I will not be able to divulge that and it has very little to do with the skill set since they are transferable to other industries, it's simply a business that has significant barriers of entry with regards to capital and government regulation, thus severely limiting the participants who can do it profitably. . . lots of businesses out there with limited markets participants, the NFL is not unique in that regard. .  take a look at oil refining vs the global population that consumes refined oil  :)