Sign in to follow this  
afl5013

Le'Veon Bell 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

Now that this has all finally gone down...does anyone know when they're casting for the next Dancing With the Stars? All available data (free time, athletic ability, controversy, 'look at me' attitude) would seem to make Bell a really solid choice, and even a contender.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Brotherbock said:

Now that this has all finally gone down...does anyone know when they're casting for the next Dancing With the Stars? All available data (free time, athletic ability, controversy, 'look at me' attitude) would seem to make Bell a really solid choice, and even a contender.

Do they drug test?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

What's funny about all of this is the fact that in 2 more years, if Conner keeps up his level of play, he will be going through the very same song and dance.

and the he will be "selfish" and not a team player and he should be grateful the steelers gave a  guy with cancer a shot and  he was a product of his system, and what teams are going to pay big money for a rb who may have a relapse with their cancer. . blah. . blah blah :lol:

1 minute ago, psygolf said:

Do they drug test?

If by 'test', you mean that backstage there's a big table where the celebs get to test a bunch of drugs, then...I'd say 'probably'?

I could see teams like the Jets, Raider and Browns breaking the bank for him. People are too quick to forget all the stupid decisions which are made in the NFL when they consider what Bell might make.

Just now, Brotherbock said:

If by 'test', you mean that backstage there's a big table where the celebs get to test a bunch of drugs, then...I'd say 'probably'?

lol...nice.

Mark Ingram is going to be an UFA this coming off-season.  While he's 2 year's older, he's got fewer career touches than Bell.  While probably not the receiver that Bell is, he's still a tremendous every down back.  He's averaged almost a half yard per carry more over his career than Bell.

Think I'd rather have Ingram for fewer years and a lot less money. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, psygolf said:

3.  I am rarely wrong on these contract situations/market value.   I am more than happy to see it play out.

I don't predict what the market will pay, i think it's an exercise in futility because you don't have perfect information.  

Case in point Amari Cooper was traded for a #1 pick + his salary on his 5th yr option.  No one predicted that and many question the value but that is what the market paid. 

3 minutes ago, kevinwayne20 said:

Mark Ingram is going to be an UFA this coming off-season.  While he's 2 year's older, he's got fewer career touches than Bell.  While probably not the receiver that Bell is, he's still a tremendous every down back.  He's averaged almost a half yard per carry more over his career than Bell.

Think I'd rather have Ingram for fewer years and a lot less money. 

Different skill set too. .  bell actually lines up as a wr and can run routes, Ingram does not. I think a lot of people miss that key distinction about bells skill set. his pass catching is not relegated to dumpoffs and screens.

15 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

I could see teams like the Jets, Raider and Browns breaking the bank for him. People are too quick to forget all the stupid decisions which are made in the NFL when they consider what Bell might make.

The Raiders are broke and trashing every big vet contract they can find

The Browns appear to have found a gem in Nick Chubb

The Jets- maybe

Tb/ MIA- maybe 

more than likely it will be on a bad team which also sucks. 

As usual the devil will be in the details-   Guaranteed moneys in this case.    

If he gets his 35-40M then it was all worth it.  

Edited by Impreza178

6 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

www.aaf.com

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Brotherbock said:

www.aaf.com

Now THAT would be funny.   

Isnt that an NFL feeder league tho?  Lol

if the USFL was around they would try it

Edited by Impreza178

Just now, Impreza178 said:

Now THAT would be funny.   

Isnt that an NFL feeder league tho?  Lol

Yep. It's why Trent Richarson is ready to play. ;)

22 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

The Jets- maybe

Tb/ MIA- maybe 

According to Sportrac...

Actually the Raiders have the 5th most cap space for 2019.

Jets have 2nd most

Bucs & Dolphins have no shot with their lack of cap space

My money is on the Jets or Raiders

Edited by lvsaint429
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Jets have 2nd most

Money is on Jets or Raiders. Raiders would be better for him. With all of those draft picks, they could build their offense to feature him.

18 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Different skill set too. .  bell actually lines up as a wr and can run routes, Ingram does not. I think a lot of people miss that key distinction about bells skill set. his pass catching is not relegated to dumpoffs and screens.

Think you are short selling Ingram.  While he's surely not the receiver that Bell is he does run routes from the slot.  Don't think the gap between skill sets is all that large.

I think if you put Ingram into that Pitt system there isn't all that much (if any) of a production drop off.  Neither Bell or Conner were all that great of receiving threats coming out of college.  DeAngelo Williams had the best season of career in regards to receiving his first year in Pitt and he was only the starter for a portion of the season.  For the last 6 years Pitt has been able to get elite all purpose production from the RB position.  Don't know enough about Pitt to know if there was a change if offense philosophy or if that success was the result of adding Bell.  Right now James Conner has well over 100 yards more receiving than Leveon Bell had last year at the same point in the season.  

47 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I don't predict what the market will pay, i think it's an exercise in futility because you don't have perfect information.   

I agree...it is much easier to say "I told you so" after it happens.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kevinwayne20 said:

Think you are short selling Ingram.  While he's surely not the receiver that Bell is he does run routes from the slot.  Don't think the gap between skill sets is all that large.

I think if you put Ingram into that Pitt system there isn't all that much (if any) of a production drop off.  Neither Bell or Conner were all that great of receiving threats coming out of college.  DeAngelo Williams had the best season of career in regards to receiving his first year in Pitt and he was only the starter for a portion of the season.  For the last 6 years Pitt has been able to get elite all purpose production from the RB position.  Don't know enough about Pitt to know if there was a change if offense philosophy or if that success was the result of adding Bell.  Right now James Conner has well over 100 yards more receiving than Leveon Bell had last year at the same point in the season.  

I don't think it's a short sell, it's a very realistic view of what Ingram offers vs Bell.  Bells key distinction is his ability to run routes as a wr which gives the OC  more options for his offense. 

it's not simply plug in this guy vs this guy for this system to get x production, it's what does the guy bring to the offense that can be used to exploit the defense. Bell gives an OC more options to exploit the defense. There is a a reason my kamara is more valuable in his role on the saints offense than Ingram is, kamra gives Sean more options in the passing game whereas ingram doesnt. 

Fanstay guys focus too much on boxscore production and they don't look at what the talent can do in real world football in terms of what the offense is attempting to ddo on the field. So yes conners is just as productive as bell from a numbers perspective but Conners is not being used exactly the same way bell was int hat offense. The OC has adapated to the talent he has to work with and exploiting defenses that plays to conners strenghts.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Money is on Jets or Raiders. Raiders would be better for him. With all of those draft picks, they could build their offense to feature him.

I would actually give the edge to the Jets because of the money. I wonder if Gruden would (legitimately) question Bell’s commitment to football. The Jets would probably just blindly throw money at Bell

Just now, lvsaint429 said:

I would actually give the edge to the Jets because of the money. I wonder if Gruden would (legitimately) question Bell’s commitment to football. The Jets would probably just blindly throw money at Bell

I had not considered the money aspect. I was more referring to his fantasy value :lol:

I would think it would rank like this

1) Jets

2) Raiders

3) Texans

Texans are my darkhorse favorite for him, I dont know about cap space, but he would be a great fit to an already dynamically improving offense

Sleeper : Philly- so he can get 10 touches a game and stay fresh for his next next contract

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

The Jets- maybe

Tb/ MIA- maybe 

The Raiders aren't broke. They're doing an aggressive rebuild though.

Never give the Browns credit.

I think he'll get his guaranteed money. People talk... And do any of us in here really think that Bell would toss $14M this season if he's not heard rumblings of big things on the open market? I know I don't because otherwise nothing makes sense.

1 minute ago, P@ckersFan said:

Le'Veon's 2018 outlook is the same as this former Steeler:

hqdefault.jpg.db40616f1cf58b0800e49c6b9d12ceb0.jpg

Yeah but has Bell scored 4 tds in a single game? :lol:

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

According to Sportrac...

Jets have 2nd most

1 minute ago, Spyplane said:

The Raiders aren't broke. They're doing an aggressive rebuild though.

Never give the Browns credit.

I think he'll get his guaranteed money. People talk... And do any of us in here really think that Bell would toss $14M this season if he's not heard rumblings of big things on the open market? I know I don't because otherwise nothing makes sense.

Cap space /= money.  When you hand out 35M guaranteed, you have to put that money in a specified account immediately.    There’s already been speculation the primary motivator in dealing Mack was lack of cash.  

“It appeared from the outside that it was a no-brainer for the Raiders to retain Mack and sign him to an extension, but that’s not taking into account the equity owner Mark Davis already has tied up in his attempt to move the team to Las Vegas.

Although Davis was not required to hand over all the money when Mack signed a new deal but he would’ve been required to deposit tens of millions of dollars into the star’s bank account shortly after completing the deal.

Many believe that Davis simply did not have the available funds to do so. The message this sends to future players Oakland would like to resign is that no matter what your production is on the field the Raiders could lack the cash to get the deal done. Talking to you Amari Cooper.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/raiderswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/01/raiders-owner-mark-davis-lacked-funds-to-pay-khalil-mack/amp/

This was in September....the writer even nails Cooper being next to go.  

Good time to rebuild when you’re tapped out!