Sign in to follow this  
afl5013

Le'Veon Bell 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

Bell declines contract with the Steelers....His most likely landing spot is with the Jets or the Raiders....Now there's a guy who wants to win a championship!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mongidig said:

Bell declines contract with the Steelers....His most likely landing spot is with the Jets or the Raiders....Now there's a guy who wants to win a championship!

Family first.

1 hour ago, mongidig said:

Why does him wanting to win a championship and him wanting to be paid an equitable salary to what he thinks he deserves have to be mutually exclusive?  Maybe he does value money more than winning? Darelle Revis certainly did as hired gun and he's a HOFer. 

Anyways, why does it really matter? As long as he performs at an All Pro level I don't think it really matters what his priorities are. So he didn't want to take a pay cut and wants to move on? I want to hear your response when your boss comes to you and says we can have a fantastic team that's going to do big things, but we can't pay you an equitable wage to what you are worth. Hopefully you take it on the chin for "the good of the company!" 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Why does him wanting to win a championship and him wanting to be paid an equitable salary to what he thinks he deserves have to be mutually exclusive?  Maybe he does value money more than winning? Darelle Revis certainly did as hired gun and he's a HOFer. 

Anyways, why does it really matter? As long as he performs at an All Pro level I don't think it really matters what his priorities are. So he didn't want to take a pay cut and wants to move on? I want to hear your response when your boss comes to you and says we can have a fantastic team that's going to do big things, but we can't pay you an equitable wage to what you are worth. Hopefully you take it on the chin for "the good of the company!" 

Bell will not be a HOFer. 

I am actually in the process of sitting out my job. I become a free agent in January.

3 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Everyone who is calling Bell selfish and labeling him as this bad guy should think about that...

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Brotherbock said:

That wasn't part of the argument.

I'm telling you...Bell with not be in the Hall of Fame!

8 minutes ago, Godfather131 said:

Everyone who is calling Bell selfish and labeling him as this bad guy should think about that...

Why would you compare a guy who makes 850K per game to someone who might make 50k per year? This is nonsense.

5 hours ago, mongidig said:

Fans can be a tough bunch.  Doesn't every free agent have the right to consider any offer he might receive in the future.

Most people I know would be interested in the offers that pay the most money.  That's not unusual.

Why is Le'Veon Bell the only player who receives the "I doubt he's interested in championship's" garbage if he takes the best offer.

6 minutes ago, mongidig said:

Why would you compare a guy who makes 850K per game to someone who might make 50k per year? This is nonsense.

BECAUZ HE "WOKE", MAN!!2!!1!  HE LOOKIN' OUT FOR "THE LITTLE GUY"!11!1 (ya know, the one making 850k a week)

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

8 minutes ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

Fans can be a tough bunch.  Doesn't every free agent have the right to consider any offer he might receive in the future.

Most people I know would be interested in the offers that pay the most money.  That's not unusual.

Why is Le'Veon Bell the only player who receives the "I doubt he's interested in championship's" garbage if he takes the best offer.

Because he sat out a year of football when he had an opportunity to sign a nice deal on a team that could win the Super Bowl  knowing that only a crap team will sign him next year. 

9 minutes ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

Because Pit has a legit chance at a Super Bowl this year and he decided to sit out.  Which is his right but it doesn't change the fact that this was probably his last chance at a Super Bowl.  No legit contender is gonna pay him what he wants.  

15 minutes ago, Godfather131 said:

Based on his career not being over yet and he still being in his prime, it's amazing that you're able to tell the future. What else do you know for sure Mr. Mongidig?

He no longer has the Pittsburgh line to block for him. He took a year off from football. he won't be winning a championship anytime soon. He has been suspended before for smoking weed! He's had injury issues. He's never scored more than 10 rushing TD's. The guy replacing him is decreasing his perceived importance...ETC.

Edited by mongidig

3 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Because Pit has a legit chance at a Super Bowl this year and he decided to sit out.  Which is his right but it doesn't change the fact that this was probably his last chance at a Super Bowl.  No legit contender is gonna pay him what he wants.  

Why do you care about Pittsburgh so much ?

And who knows what offers Bell will receive in the future.  Nobody knows yet.

3 minutes ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

Why do you care about Pittsburgh so much ?

And who knows what offers Bell will receive in the future.  Nobody knows yet.

I could care less about Pit.  But you said  "Why is Le'Veon Bell the only player who receives the "I doubt he's interested in championship's" garbage if he takes the best offer." If he truly cared about winning a championship he would of played this year.  

Just now, youngrice said:

I could care less about Pit.  But you said  "Why is Le'Veon Bell the only player who receives the "I doubt he's interested in championship's" garbage if he takes the best offer." If he truly cared about winning a championship he would of played this year.  

And he would have if Pittsburgh guaranteed more money.  Pittsburgh didn't want to guarantee him more money. 

Both sides made a decision that was best for them.   Why do people only attack Le"Veon ?

3 minutes ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

And he would have if Pittsburgh guaranteed more money.  Pittsburgh didn't want to guarantee him more money. 

Both sides made a decision that was best for them.   Why do people only attack Le"Veon ?

15 mil isn't chump change.  Its the highest paid RB in the NFL.  So he could of been the highest paid RB in the NFL with legit chance at winning a Super Bowl.  He declined which is his right but please explain to me how he cares about a championship.  He hasn't said anything about going to a contender, all he has talked about is money.  Once again thats his right but doesn't change the facts.

I don't understand the narrative that Bell doesn't care about championships because he is trying to ensure his long term financial security and wasn't willing to be run into the ground risking injury and risking his chance at getting said long term security with guaranteed money (no way to know this unless you're close to him). Look, Bell very well may only be interested in the money, but by using the logic that lead you to that conclusion, all free agents who sign with the highest bidder would have to fall into the same category right? If players really only cared about championships, wouldn't only a few teams be able to sign any FAs?

To me, it's possible to value BOTH money and championships. Look at Darelle Revis! He mastered both worlds! He got his money, then went to NE as a well established veteran, won a championship, then got another big pay day. He should lead a seminar for NFL players on how to maximize their value lol.

Money typically has to come before championships. Money, long term security and stability for the player and his family are more important than a ring when it's all said and done.

Edited by Godfather131

1 minute ago, Zak0221 said:

Gosh I hope the Jets dont get him and waste Lev Bell in his prime :(

What is the most realistic landing spot that would be best for his fantasy value?

Houston?

8 minutes ago, Godfather131 said:

What is the most realistic landing spot that would be best for his fantasy value?

Houston?

I'd say Chicago.

13 minutes ago, Godfather131 said:

Houston?

Tampa if they cut Winston and Brate for cap space and draft a QB