Sign in to follow this  
afl5013

Le'Veon Bell 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

Does Bell really think he can tweet his way onto a team?  He seems to.  I HIGHLY doubt a serious pro like Frank Reich would have anything to do with a clown like Bell.

I don't think it really matters where he goes. He's going to be the RB1 and he's going to do well. Holding tight in Dynasty - would consider trading but the price would be steep.

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Does Bell really think he can tweet his way onto a team?  He seems to.  I HIGHLY doubt a serious pro like Frank Reich would have anything to do with a clown like Bell.

The Colts make a lot of sense as a match for Bell.  In fact, they made the most sense (to me) as a trade destination this year.  The emergence of Mack shifted that thinking some, but it was logical on paper - they lacked a running game and Bell is the perfect type of player (if not necessarily person) to alleviate pressure on Luck, they have cap room, and they have a multitude of high round picks next year.

This is not to say they will or it makes sense for them to sign him in 2019.  Mack has emerged as a viable, though not elite, starting back in the NFL.  If they were to make him an offer, I'd expect it to be lower than other teams bidding for him and rather shorter term.

I don't think Bell has poor character, I don't think he has high character - I think he's a bit of a good.  His rap hobby is hilariously cliche and his weed issue was dumb youth egged on by another dumb youth.  I don't think he thought his contract situation this year through ahead of time and it played out poorly because neirher he nor his agent really had a plan.  While his salary demands are, to me, foolish and unrealistic, I can't fault the guy for refusing to work under conditions he found unacceptable.  Remember: Bell has never held out.  He didn't refuse to fulfill a contract he'd previously agreed to.  He chose not to sign the contract offered to him.  That's fair, and it's his right.  Had he stated, clearly and resolutely, that he'd not sign the 2018 tender, and avoided giving any hints otherwise, I think we'd see this situation differently.  As it is, he sent mixed messages all year and it looks bad.

But my biggest concern signing him wouldn't be character or commitment, but age and mileage.  From that standpoint, taking a year off helps his case.  Conversely, Conner's performance in his place hurts it.

Will be fun to see what happens next summer.

• Like 2

On 11/27/2018 at 5:27 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

Does Bell really think he can tweet his way onto a team?  He seems to. 

We watched a guy tweet his way into the Whitehouse.

Just sayin'.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

KC CHIEFS...nuff said. Young team and the young talented offense are still on the rookie contracts. Even fits the Brian Westbrook role to perfection. 

Edited by Watitdookie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

Can Bell be signed and play for the Chiefs this season if both parties wanted to make it happen?

Negative Ghostrider.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MJJ28 said:

Negative Ghostrider.

Lol wishful thinking. I'm not up on all of the contract stuff. I wasn't sure if the can't play this season applied to the whole league or just the Steelers. 

Bummer, that would have been a fun turn of events 🤣

• Like 1

Bell keeps fantasizing about what teams he will join in 2019, but Bell is going to be tagged by the Steelers again in 2019.  So there is that little hurdle to clear.

22 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Bell keeps fantasizing about what teams he will join in 2019, but Bell is going to be tagged by the Steelers again in 2019.  So there is that little hurdle to clear.

No he won’t.

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Yeah... that isn't happening. They aren't going to tie up their salary cap with QB-level money at the RB position when he won't ever report. Even the transition tag doesn't make sense. The Steelers are going to move on from him and not do anything.

4 hours ago, mbell317 said:

Can Bell be signed and play for the Chiefs this season if both parties wanted to make it happen?

He cannot play for any team the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Uh no

7 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Why on earth would they put Bell in that debacle again let alone the Steelers put up with the process again. Business is business and I don’t expect trolling and shady buisness with the Steeler organization . Not fair to bell and especially disrespectful to James Conner who I have pounded the table for before the season started.

Edited by Watitdookie

8 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Bell is going to be tagged by the Steelers again in 2019.  So there is that little hurdle to clear.

What we need in this thread is a really in-depth discussion of whether the Steelers will tag him again. That would be a new, interesting development in our discussion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't doubt Bell will play elsewhere in 2019, but I still think the Steelers will transition tag him, match, then try to trade him and gain some compensation.  For one thing, it might help the Steelers insure that Bell ends up in the NFC or on a really bad AFC team not perceived as a threat to Pittsburgh's Super Bowl aspirations.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brotherbock said:

What we need in this thread is a really in-depth discussion of whether the Steelers will tag him again. That would be a new, interesting development in our discussion.

Holy shiite no shiite

8 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I don't doubt Bell will play elsewhere in 2019, but I still think the Steelers will transition tag him, match, then try to trade him and gain some compensation.  For one thing, it might help the Steelers insure that Bell ends up in the NFC or on a really bad AFC team not perceived as a threat to Pittsburgh's Super Bowl aspirations.

I agree with this. They will do everything in their power to assure they are compensated to the maximum degree as any competent team would/should.

This is a game of hardball both sides are playing so that's the way it is.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dmody91 said:

Jesus they are not gonna sign him to a 15 million dollar deal in hopes to trade him for compensation.

This , so on point.  Both sides just want to move on already. Transition tagging him then trading him, is a complete ****storm. Not worth it for the Steeler organization. 

On 11/27/2018 at 3:27 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

I don't know.  Given the recent news that the Eagles have some form of interest in Hunt, this indicates to me that there is some internal threshold (a threshold I don't understand given Kaepernick's situation).  All that matters is that a team perceives that Bell can help them out in 2019.

18 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

Negative Ghostrider.

10 hours ago, Brotherbock said:

The pattern is full.

negative_ghostrider_the_pattern_is_full_-_google_search.png?w=809

• Thanks 1