Sign in to follow this  
afl5013

Le'Veon Bell 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

What has Bell's agent done to justify his salary? All Bell has is his rookie contract and 2 franchise tagged seasons, none of which required an agent.

• Like 2

Alright guys, i’ve come around. I just swindled a guy to get Bell and gave up Royce Freeman and my first and second round picks. 

Thanks for talking me off the ledge

• Haha 2

Just now, JHM_13 said:

Alright guys, i’ve come around. I just swindled a guy to get Bell and gave up Royce Freeman and my first and second round picks. 

I cant believe you gave up all of that for a useless bum who only looks good because of Pitt’s system

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

I cant believe you gave up all of that for a useless bum who only looks good because of Pitt’s system

? Guess i’m a drama queen

• Like 2

Le'Veon Bell - RB - Steelers

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Steelers offered Le'Veon Bell a five-year, $70 million contract prior to Monday's 4 PM ET deadline.

will he do better next year as a free agent? 

3 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Steelers offered Le'Veon Bell a five-year, $70 million contract prior to Monday's 4 PM ET deadline.

Wow ... and probably not. It’s all about the signing bonus/guarantees though, especially for RBs.  

My guess is it was backloaded and that “70 million” is nowhere near what he’d be actually getting before it was time to “restructure” or get released  ... now, if he turned down a 20+M signing bonus, then he’s a moron.

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

Rappaport being used again by an NFL team. Likely that less than $20 million of that was guaranteed. 

PR machine working overtime to justify the necessity of Bell's agent, who has now failed in consecutive seasons. 

2 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

Short answer? I don’t think so. I never thought the two sides would come to an agreement but I don’t fault either side. More power to Bell for trying to get his money, and I fully agree with the Steelers not giving in to his demands. 

It’s an unfortunate side of the business, but I do like the pieces the Steelers have. Obviously, they aren’t Bell but I think they can be good enough at a much lower cost.

23 minutes ago, JHM_13 said:

What a terrible trade. Bell is a bum and hasn't done anything in his career. Don't look at his stats. Royce is a stud and will outscore Bell for years to come AND you gave up your first and 2nd round picks. Where do i find leagues to play with you in? ez money

Edited by Ravioli27
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JHM_13 said:

Short answer? I don’t think so. I never thought the two sides would come to an agreement but I don’t fault either side. More power to Bell for trying to get his money, and I fully agree with the Steelers not giving in to his demands. 

It’s an unfortunate side of the business, but I do like the pieces the Steelers have. Obviously, they aren’t Bell but I think they can be good enough at a much lower cost.

Yea as a steeler fan I am greatly disappointed. I find it hard to believe he will be able to get too much better of a deal next year, and will most likely be in a much worse offense.

1 minute ago, Ravioli27 said:

What a terrible trade. Bell is a bum and hasn't done anything in his career. Don't look at his stats. Royce is a stud and will outscore Bell for years to come AND you gave up your first and 2nd round picks. Where do i find league to play with you in? ez money

Bell has the most yards for scrimmage in his first 5 seasons of any player ever, get your trolling out of here.

Just now, DancingGnome said:

Bell has the most yards for scrimmage in his first 5 seasons of any player ever, get your trolling out of here.

My apologies. Ya so it turns out bell is actually pretty good and we probably shouldn't be concerned about his production at all. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, DancingGnome said:

I believe he’s being sarcastic ... because the same individual that just traded for Bell was posting mid-mental breakdown about how much of a “bum” he was. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

I believe he’s being sarcastic ... because the same individual that just traded for Bell was posting mid-mental breakdown about how much of a “bum” he was. 

yep I missed that one. My bad. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Said individual is in the same league with other individuals in which the bum was traded. 

It’s the sad state of Rotoworld when blatant sarcasm goes unnoticed due to all the idiots. 

So, how will this affect his ADP? Both parties say he will play, but what about Schecter (who doesn't go out on a limb much) saying Bell may sit out half the season? Is that a realistic scenario at this point?

9 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

So, how will this affect his ADP? Both parties say he will play, but what about Schecter (who doesn't go out on a limb much) saying Bell may sit out half the season? Is that a realistic scenario at this point?

Schefter was a pawn used by Bell’s side to threaten him not playing in hopes of getting a deal done. Bell will sit out camp and play week 1

Calling it now: Oakland will pay for him next off-season.  Lose Lynch, Martin, Jordy, and whatever other AARP members are soaking up cash, and go for broke on him.

"We just couldn't establish the running game," Gruden will explain next year.  "Bell, he's gonna put us over the edge, I'll tell ya what, man."

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Calling it now: Oakland will pay for him next off-season.  Lose Lynch, Martin, Jordy, and whatever other AARP members are soaking up cash, and go for broke on him.

"We just couldn't establish the running game," Gruden will explain next year.  "Bell, he's gonna put us over the edge, I'll tell ya what, man."

??

Bell will be sorry he didn't take the $70 million for 5 years.  I'm not drafting him until he shows up to the Steelers.

3 minutes ago, willie24 said:

Bell will be sorry he didn't take the $70 million for 5 years.  I'm not drafting him until he shows up to the Steelers.

Then you won’t be drafting him. What do you do with the 4th if Gurley, Zeke, DJ are gone?

2 minutes ago, JHM_13 said:

Then you won’t be drafting him. What do you do with the 4th if Gurley, Zeke, DJ are gone?

4th pick?

Antonio Brown come on down.

I feel like we should all take a stupid stab at where he lands.  I say Indy.  Luck comes back, and he has the best years of his career.