DidiFan

Anthony Rendon 2019 Outlook

So how risky is he to start this week? All signs point to optimism. 

9 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I'm starting in weekly.

Yep, me too. Mostly because I had limited options anyway, but he's too good to sit when it is widely expected he will get 5 games in...

• Like 1

He's back......

4 minutes ago, Bandito said:

He's back......

Excellent, just in time to crank on some 🚮brewer pitching.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

You MUST be kidding me.

His first AB and he gets plunked in the left arm!!???!!!  EFFFFFFFF

stayed in the game........so far.

Edited by Members_Only_76

1 minute ago, Members_Only_76 said:

You MUST be kidding me.

His first AB and he gets plunked in the left arm!!???!!!  EFFFFFFFF

stayed in the game........so far.

UNFREAKINBELEIVABLE!!

Hit by another pitch tonight wtf... Loving the production though our boy is back. 

• Like 1

Missed a grand slam by about 5 feet (foul) 😭

• Like 1

i played it conservative and didn't start him this week so, i'm ok with low end production. hope he gets his groove back over the course of this week, and resumes mashing next week

nice SB last night - if he starts running again like he did his first few years we could be in for quite a treat.

Posted (edited)

Can this guy get some more love????   Only around 10 hitters I would rather own ROS.  Guy is a complete stud

Edited by svtballa
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I think we're going to see this guy realize his top 12-15 player potential.  If he hadn't missed those 11 games , he'd probably have 50 Rbi+ already.

Edited by JetsAwesome

the most underrated MVP contender in baseball.

I can see 3-4 more years of elite production coming from this stud. one of the best pure hitters in the league.

Are we expecting a monster summer from him?  Fangraphs and statcast both have his hard hit % around 50%.  He's also underperforming according to statcast (.314/.647/.437 avg/slg/woba vs .342/.681/.462 xba/xslg/xwoba). 

22 hours ago, ty5592 said:

Are we expecting a monster summer from him?  Fangraphs and statcast both have his hard hit % around 50%.  He's also underperforming according to statcast (.314/.647/.437 avg/slg/woba vs .342/.681/.462 xba/xslg/xwoba). 

M!V!P! M!V!P!

Any chance he gets dealt? Free agent and the Nats are going nowhere. He'd have strong value in any park and lineup, I'd say. 

On 6/17/2019 at 10:54 AM, CuredMeats said:

and the Nats are going nowhere

All of a sudden the Nats are great, and Rendon is still amazing.

MVP is possible, but not when you consider Bellinger I guess.

Still, Rendon should put up 110/35/100 and a 1000 OPS while hitting 300

• Like 1

7 hours ago, svtballa said:

What an absolute stud.  Being 29 how are you valuing him in dynasty?

I think where he gets drafted in a dynasty is league dependent. He lacks that physicality or explosiveness of more coveted "superstars" but if you've been paying attention for the last 3+ years... there are few better hitters in the entire sport. He almost gets mistreated as "better version of Justin Turner" but in reality he's probably a top-10 hitter on a pitch-for-pitch basis. Offensively his weaknesses are zero. He does not have a weakness as a hitter, as far as I've been able to decipher. Beatiful, controlled, smooth swing -- incredible discipline - takes what is given -- sublime approach. The injury history still lingers in my mind, even though he's been on the field a lot the last couple years. I still feel like those legs could get wonky. 

In my most recent dynasty startup he went around the Bogaerts/Mondesi range, probably a result of their age and positional advantage. 

In dynasty I'd take him before big names like Jose Ramirez, George Springer, Ozzie Albies, Rhys Hoskins, Anthony Rizzo, Goldschmidt,   but after younger guys like Correa, Bryant,  Harper.  I wouldn't feel good trading Rendon for any of those guys though, he is a superior hitter. But it would be a more practical, future-oriented move based on age, injury history, and not knowing where Rendon will wind up next year.  I think Rendon versus Ohtani is a tough one, probably depends on how Ohtani can be used in your league, and how you value him. 

Long story short?  He is a supreme dynasty asset.  And probably criminally undervalued on the whole.  In OBP leagues I think he's every bit as much of a stud as Nolan Arenado, but at a much cheaper price. 

• Like 1