DidiFan

Anthony Rendon 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, Dalton Gang said:

any word on his injury?


Sir, our math shows that the bird is equal to, or greater than the word.

The Word:
 

Quote

Manager Dave Martinez said Rendon was okay after exiting the game with a sore right big toe, Jesse Dougherty of The Washington Post reports.

Rendon was hit by a pitch during the fourth inning and eventually left the contest, but there doesn't appear to be any real concern over the issue. The 29-year-old iced the injury after exiting and will have Thursday's scheduled off day to recover before the Nationals open a three-game series against the Mets on Friday.

 

The Bird:

jznheN.gif

Word < Bird.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dalton Gang said:

any word on his injury?

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy has been unbelievably good this year. Batting .329 with a 94/29/104 slash line in only 444 AB is absurd. Hes having a better year than Arenado in 40 less AB and im starting to wonder if there is a discussion to be had there for next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Big League Choo said:

This guy has been unbelievably good this year. Batting .329 with a 94/29/104 slash line in only 444 AB is absurd. Hes having a better year than Arenado in 40 less AB and im starting to wonder if there is a discussion to be had there for next year

 

Do we think the Nats are going to pay him? If not, I'm really curious to see where he ends up. But yeah, Rendon has been unbelievable. Draft day steal, it's crazy he was going in later in drafts than Vladdy. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, staj18 said:

 

Do we think the Nats are going to pay him? If not, I'm really curious to see where he ends up. But yeah, Rendon has been unbelievable. Draft day steal, it's crazy he was going in later in drafts than Vladdy. 

 

I think the Nats are going to pony up for him. I cant imagine them losing Harper AND Rendon. Plus, Rendon may be a better real-life player than harper and should come cheaper

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Big League Choo said:

 

I think the Nats are going to pony up for him. I cant imagine them losing Harper AND Rendon. Plus, Rendon may be a better real-life player than harper and should come cheaper

 

 

Theyre definitely not letting their new franchise player walk as well. Nats will Bank him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Where does he get drafted next year? 

 

Top 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, street sharks said:

Where does he get drafted next year? 

First round. His BB% and K% indicate a very high floor. He just needs to stay healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First round seems like a stretch. CBS has him at 20th for 2020 and they cater to points leagues which is his better format. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like pure folly to me to think that there are 19 guys one would rather have than Rendon entering next season.

To me, he's a borderline top five pick, and very likely top ten. Yelich, Trout, Bellinger, and Acuna are the only four I'd place clearly above him. I think he's in the next tier with Freeman, Arenado, Turner, Betts, Lindor, Bregman, and Soto, and you can make a case for Rendon as the best of that group. He should go long before pick 20 in almost every league.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dele said:

It seems like pure folly to me to think that there are 19 guys one would rather have than Rendon entering next season.

To me, he's a borderline top five pick, and very likely top ten. Yelich, Trout, Bellinger, and Acuna are the only four I'd place clearly above him. I think he's in the next tier with Freeman, Arenado, Turner, Betts, Lindor, Bregman, and Soto, and you can make a case for Rendon as the best of that group. He should go long before pick 20 in almost every league.

 

In a redraft, maybe he's in that tier, but even then I think he gets drafted after every single player you just listed. He's a late first rounder at best IMO.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No doubt he’s been a beast this year, but I don’t think he’s a first rounder for next year. I think his ADP will fall in the 2nd round, maybe mid to late. For me, I think my way too early rankings for the first 2 rounds would be:

Acuna, Trout, Yelich, Lindor, Betts, Story, Arenado, Bellinger, Soto, Scherzer, Devers, Bregman

Cole (depending on landing spot), Bogaerts, Freeman, Verlander, Tatis, Ramirez, Turner, Rendon, Judge, JD, K Marte, and Baez.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dele said:

It seems like pure folly to me to think that there are 19 guys one would rather have than Rendon entering next season.


Again, this is definitely a case where it makes a big difference, particularly with steals on a very steep decline.  In roto leaguse these days, it's just really hard to take a bat in the 1st couple of rounds that doesn't give you more than a token contribution in the SB category.

Here's the CBS list I was referring to:

Trout
Yelich
Bellinger
Betts
Arenado
Scherzer
Sale
Lindor
Cole
Freeman
Acuna
Story
-------------------- 1st round cutoff (12-team)
Bregman
Martinez
Judge
Tatis
Verlander
Turner
dGrom
Rendon
Blackmon
Bell
Buehler
Snell

-------------------- 2nd round cutoff (12-team)

The article's a couple of months old, so the ordering in the first round would look a lot different now, but of the guys ahead of Rendon on that list, the only ones I'd slide behind him in rotisserie leagues would be Judge and Sale.   Meanwhile, I'd probably move Buehler ahead of him.  Bogaerts is a glaring omission from the CBS list, but I'd probably prefer Rendon in both formats.  So that still leaves Rendon in the middle of the 2nd at best.

In points leagues, maybe I can see the case for putting him ahead of some of the names you listed, but I can't see any way to get him anywhere near the top 5 in any format.  Pitchers are still a thing in points leagues, right?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...