Sign in to follow this  
Evincar

Josh Reynolds 2018 Outlook

I like him alot because he's their one true 'big' receiver. All of them will see redzone looks, but he may see sone extra just because of his size and particular skillset.

• Like 1

Anyone else looking to start him over a lot of other guys "projected" higher than him this week? Plays close to 100% of snaps. Will likely avoid Darius Slay (@Lions), great matchup in a dome, and has already shown high productivity w/ Kupp out.. 

Folks?

I’m starting him over Tyler Boyd. I know it’s not a ground breaking WR swap but I like the upside Reynolds and the Rams offense offers.

The corner he’s going against is an UDFA that recently handed the job because the starter was garbage. 

I think 80 yards and a TD is very possible again. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Leibinger said:

Anyone else looking to start him over a lot of other guys "projected" higher than him this week? Plays close to 100% of snaps. Will likely avoid Darius Slay (@Lions), great matchup in a dome, and has already shown high productivity w/ Kupp out.. 

Folks?

are you sure he avoids Slay?  bigger issue i see here is the pace of the game.  DET games are slow, there just aren't as many plays run.  which means limited opportunity for an offense.  and in the case of LAR where there are legitimately 3-4 primary options that sets up for someone to be disappointed.  and looking at the group seems Reynolds is one of the ones more likely to bust relative to the other options. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Panthor said:

are you sure he avoids Slay?  bigger issue i see here is the pace of the game.  DET games are slow, there just aren't as many plays run.  which means limited opportunity for an offense.  and in the case of LAR where there are legitimately 3-4 primary options that sets up for someone to be disappointed.  and looking at the group seems Reynolds is one of the ones more likely to bust relative to the other options. 

Even if you told me the highest fantasy producers in this game end up in this order:

Gurley, Woods, Cooks, Reynolds

I still wouldn't be surprised if Reynolds put up WR2 #s

thats how explosive this offense is 

1 minute ago, Leibinger said:

Even if you told me the highest fantasy producers in this game end up in this order:

yes the offense is explosive but that isn't my point, it is that sometimes game flow dictates more than we give it credit for. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

League winning WR2 for those who had a deficiency.

3 hours ago, Leibinger said:

Would you start him this week over

Tyler Lockett, Larry Fitz, or Demaryius Thomas ? How about ROS compared to them. I had Cooper Kupp, and got Reynolds as his replacement . Right now leaning towards Lockett. Been playing the matchup game ever since I lost Kupp. Play yahoo standard , 2 WR starting. Mike Evans as my WR1. I would love for Josh to be the real deal holyfield , so I can just set and forget my WR2 . What do yall think

5 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Would you start him this week over

Tyler Lockett, Larry Fitz, or Demaryius Thomas ? How about ROS compared to them. I had Cooper Kupp, and got Reynolds as his replacement . Right now leaning towards Lockett. Been playing the matchup game ever since I lost Kupp. Play yahoo standard , 2 WR starting. Mike Evans as my WR1. I would love for Josh to be the real deal holyfield , so I can just set and forget my WR2 . What do yall think

I'd go Lockett over Reynolds. I think Lockett has a higher floor and equally high ceiling. 

I'd play Reynolds over the other two though. Fitz will get you 0 points if he doesn't catch a TD because Rosen is throwing for 100 yards a game. I don't believe in Thomas's role being consistently fantasy relevant so in other words I think he has a super low floor as well.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, munde53 said:

I'd go Lockett over Reynolds. I think Lockett has a higher floor and equally high ceiling. 

I'd play Reynolds over the other two though. Fitz will get you 0 points if he doesn't catch a TD because Rosen is throwing for 100 yards a game. I don't believe in Thomas's role being consistently fantasy relevant so in other words I think he has a super low floor as well.

Thanks mate ! all good points you made. Totally agree with everything you said , I was already leaning towards Tyler. But I guess just wanted to hear someone else say it. Good luck to you this week 

16 hours ago, Panthor said:

yes the offense is explosive but that isn't my point, it is that sometimes game flow dictates more than we give it credit for. 

And how many times has game flow slowed down the Rams offense?

i like him alot but am not starting him over edelman or josh adams who have defined quality roles that will put up a consistent level of points with a higher floor....wish i could get him in somewhere

I'm really trying to find a way to start him over Sanders or Golladay this week, especially in a win and make the playoffs week for me. Really think he's gonna feast again, it's his RZ usage that's most impressive to me, along w his 97% snap rate too.

14 minutes ago, TheINC said:

I'm really trying to find a way to start him over Sanders or Golladay this week, especially in a win and make the playoffs week for me. Really think he's gonna feast again, it's his RZ usage that's most impressive to me, along w his 97% snap rate too.

Dont think you can do that but I don’t feel overly good about golladay this week. I’d still play him over Reynolds’s though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TheINC said:

Tough to start a guy playing 3rd fiddle over 2 unquestioned #1 targets... I’m starting Josh but my other options aren’t anywhere near that good.

• Like 1

Kupp was 3rd fiddle and Rams still had enough to go around. I keep going back and forth between him and DJ Moore and im thinking I'd rather have a piece of that Rams offense. 

4 hours ago, smeeze said:

Tough to start a guy playing 3rd fiddle over 2 unquestioned #1 targets... I’m starting Josh but my other options aren’t anywhere near that good.

I don't really view it as 3rd fiddle. All 3 of their WR's were producing when Kupp was healthy. That being said Sanders and Golladay have very large target shares on their own teams and are like you said the unquestioned #1's. Golladay depends on Talib's health.

Rough day at the office for him. Anyone have his snap count numbers today? Seemed like he was out there a lot....Rams really looked pretty blan today though. Surprised they covered the -10 spread they way they played. 

Edited by mpat15

3 minutes ago, mpat15 said:

Rough day at the office for him. Anyone have his snap count numbers today? Seemed like he was out there a lot....Rams really looked pretty plan today though. Surprised they covered the -10 spread they way they played. 

He almost had a TD. Was targeted in the endzone. Rams struggled offensively though. I don't think snap numbers will be out for a few days. He probably played nearly all of them though.

1 minute ago, mpat15 said:

Rough day at the office for him. Anyone have his snap count numbers today? Seemed like he was out there a lot....Rams really looked pretty plan today though. Surprised they covered the -10 spread they way they played. 

No snap count needed because they run 11 personnel. He’s in there 90% of the time

8 hours ago, Jermo said:

Kupp was 3rd fiddle and Rams still had enough to go around. I keep going back and forth between him and DJ Moore and im thinking I'd rather have a piece of that Rams offense. 

Lmao Kupp was never 3rd fiddle. If you really want to know he was their #1 Wideout. Please just go look at his numbers this season, and tell me Im wrong. Him and Goff have a unique chemistry and it shows on the field, especially 3rd and 4th down situations. Cooks might be the fastest or highest paid .but he isnt’t the Alpha there. To be honest there really isn’t a top guy on the Rams. They all eat, which is why this offense is so deadly. And another reason why I think Reynolds can produce some solid numbers. His line wouldv’e been alot better today had he caught the TD pass.

• Like 1

please delete (duplicate post) 

Edited by RunCMC
duplicate post

Was a little worried going into this one because the PFF WR/CB matchup chart had him seeing a lot of Darius Slay this week.  I wasn't paying super close attention since I was watching other games too, but the times I did see a pass his direction the coverage was usually really good, leading me to think Slay was covering him since all the other Lions CBs have been pretty bad this year.  I wont swear that this was the case, but if it was, him seeing 5 targets is pretty encouraging.  There were another 1 or 2 targets nullified by penalty too.  Perhaps someone else has more insight on that.

That being said, if he struggled to turn his targets into production that much against a good CB, I'm worried about next week in Chicago.  I know the offense as a whole was a bit out of sorts this week, but I am not sure that the Bears D is going to be the cure for that.  I may be forced to play him anyway, but I'm not going to be happy about it.