BackwardsKRay

Mike McCarthy 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

NFL Network's Mike Silver reports "there's a growing sense" Mike McCarthy will be replaced after the season.

McCarthy is on the hot seat after another road loss. His job security has been a storyline all year, but McCarthy's track record is strong enough to avoid an in-season firing. McCarthy's questionable playcalling was on full display Thursday night, costing the Packers a chance to win by punting with four minutes remaining. Green Bay's playoff chances are looking slim with losses in three of their last four games. After a lame duck extension in January, the Packers can easily move on from McCarthy this offseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't believe GB is all that talented.  As a matter of fact they have the 3rd or 4th most talented team in the division, but they do have the highest paid QB in the league.  Unfortunately like often is the case, Rogers isn't playing like the highest paid player in the league.

 

That's a major difference when comparing Rogers to Brady.  Brady takes less money so he has a better chance of playing on a championship caliber team.  Rogers is most concerned with being the highest paid player, and has endured mediocre defense and suffered numerous injuries because of a patch work oline.

 

That's why Brady is viewed as the GOAT. 

 

Edited by Red Dog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

I don't believe GB is all that talented.  As a matter of fact they have the 3rd or 4th most talented team in the division, but they do have the highest paid QB in the league.  Unfortunately like often is the case, Rogers isn't playing like the highest paid player in the league.

 

That's a major difference when comparing Rogers to Brady.  Brady takes less money so he has a better chance of playing on a championship caliber team.  Rogers is most concerned with being the highest paid player, and has endured mediocre defense and suffered numerous injuries because of a patch work oline.

 

That's why Brady is viewed as the GOAT. 

 

 

To be fair Giselle makes tripple what Brady makes - she is the bread winner.  Aaron doesn't have a sugar momma. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaron is a multi-millionaire who makes plenty with endorsements.

Brady is all about winning, Aaron is not, and will never be in the GOAT conversation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

Aaron is a multi-millionaire who makes plenty with endorsements.

Brady is all about winning, Aaron is not, and will never be in the GOAT conversation.

 

Maybe even too much about winning.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

 

Maybe even too much about winning.

 

I see what you did there lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, nosh0t said:

 

To be fair Giselle makes tripple what Brady makes - she is the bread winner.  Aaron doesn't have a sugar momma. 

Aaron banging the hottest chic in nascar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

Aaron banging the hottest chic in nascar

 

My mom went to college.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Red Dog said:

I don't believe GB is all that talented.  As a matter of fact they have the 3rd or 4th most talented team in the division, but they do have the highest paid QB in the league.  Unfortunately like often is the case, Rogers isn't playing like the highest paid player in the league.

 

That's a major difference when comparing Rogers to Brady.  Brady takes less money so he has a better chance of playing on a championship caliber team.  Rogers is most concerned with being the highest paid player, and has endured mediocre defense and suffered numerous injuries because of a patch work oline.

 

That's why Brady is viewed as the GOAT. 

 

I don't necessarily think that's it but NFL is a brutal sport and you can't fault anyone for wanting to make the most money they can before they retire or even get knocked out of the league from injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, championship or bust said:

Aaron banging the hottest chic in nascar

Aaron gets driven by his girlfriend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MM will be let go at seasons end

 

should have left last year tbh, but the new alignment in the front office kept him around. 

 

The schedule was brutal and most teams won’t get by that 5 game stretch. 

 

MM has been stale at play calling for almost 3 years now. 

 

Good luck in Cleveland. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Back in the 80s they thought Montana was the goat.  Or maybe Elway or Marino.  In the 90s, Brett Favre was the goat.  Or maybe Steve Young.  And then Peyton Manning.  And now Tom Brady is the goat, or maybe Aaron Rodgers.

 

Logical progression says Mitch Trubisky is the goat.

 

All hail Mitch!  

  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PackerBacker555 said:

MM will be let go at seasons end

 

should have left last year tbh, but the new alignment in the front office kept him around. 

 

The schedule was brutal and most teams won’t get by that 5 game stretch. 

 

MM has been stale at play calling for almost 3 years now. 

 

Good luck in Cleveland. 

 

Why are people assuming he is going to Cleveland?  Because Dorsey once worked in Green Bay?  Why would he be better with a 2nd year Baker Mayfield than he has been with Aaron Rodgers for the past 10 years?  This makes no sense to me.  Browns need to get new age, and not hire old coaching retreads.  We don't want John Fox, we don't want Jeff Fisher, we don't want Mike McCarthy, end of story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know everyone is ripping mccarthy and he's def a part of the problem for sure. No doubt. But rodgers is another problem. No one told him to hold the ball looking for deep shots every single play. His eyes were on adams all night. He just doesn't believe in dump off passes to your RB and make him get the tough yards for you. Or throw a 7 yard slant pass see if the receiver can break a long. He's a MAJOR problem. And until he sees that himself its going to be a long year. I posted this by accident in the MVS forum but I meant to post it here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, psygolf said:

Aaron gets driven by his girlfriend.

If it is anything like how she drove in NASCAR everyone is passing her and wondering who let her drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m curious who the Packers hire if MM is really fired. I would think it would be someone with knowledge of their system, because Rodgers wouldn’t want to learn a new offense at this point in his career. Promoting Philbin would be a mistake, so who has a realistic chance? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

This guy hung on way too long as it is.

 

European football gets it right: If you don't win trophies, you are dismissed.

 

It's not like you can fire 31 coaches every year - this would lead to no continuity and a diminished product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TTo34 said:

 

Why are people assuming he is going to Cleveland?  Because Dorsey once worked in Green Bay?  Why would he be better with a 2nd year Baker Mayfield than he has been with Aaron Rodgers for the past 10 years?  This makes no sense to me.  Browns need to get new age, and not hire old coaching retreads.  We don't want John Fox, we don't want Jeff Fisher, we don't want Mike McCarthy, end of story.

I think he’s got a good chance to go there

 

dorsey likes him and darn near every packer. Since he took over, the browns have quite a few of ex GB players. 

 

Really just a hunch but i think the best hire  they could make is Riley. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Slatykamora said:

 Made before the Seahawks game FYI

 

Perfect video!  All great points. McCarthy over-complicates everything, and because of it his teams underachiever despite having a HOF quarterback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2018 at 5:30 AM, Slatykamora said:

 Made before the Seahawks game FYI

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McCarthy is the worst play caller in the nfl. He has zero imagination, nor does he understand what the defense is doing against him. Rodgers will be getting mobbed on every drop back, but McCarthy keeps dialing up deep routes. I’ve watched him call the same exact play in a row, numerous times, when it did absolutely nothing the first time. 

 

The offense runs best in 2 minute drill when Rodgers calls the plays at the line. That goes a long ways in showing how much MM holds this offense back. 

 

The only reason he has he has so many wins on his resume, is because he inherited a talented team. Any other coach would have won more games than MM over the years, with the same players. 

 

I can’t wait for this moron to be fired...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.