Sign in to follow this  
Dirty Little Birdie

Emmanuel Mudiay 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Posted (edited)

15 PTS | 35% FG | 1 3PTM | 0-2 FT | 3 REB | 9 AST | 2 STL | 1 BLK | 4 TO | played 32 mins.

in-game observations

- ankle issue doesn't seem to be a concern

- badly wanted to play against his former team

- forced a lot of possessions in the final 2 minutes

- THJ wanted the ball multiple times but Mudiay hogged it

- something to look at moving forward - both of them are ball dominant but THJ can play off-ball more

Edited by wisegeeks
  • Like 1

Dotson and Burke getting making Mudiay disappear today. I'm not watching the game... Did something happen to Mudiay, or is this the beginning of the end for our boi?

2 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Dotson and Burke getting making Mudiay disappear today. I'm not watching the game... Did something happen to Mudiay, or is this the beginning of the end for our boi?

Was at the game tonight he's fine just going through his usual rough shooting struggles but still getting plenty of looks and minutes.  

• Thanks 1

Hardaway Jr left the game. Looked like a hamstring - could mean more time for E

dG1SBnb.png

I was drop city on him.. but to be fair, he also kind of time-shared with Trey Burke in the 1st half

he was much better in the offense as an off-guard with Trey Burke

still sticking with my previous statement that he doesn't gel too well with THJ

Mudiay !! Hes been half decent as of late. Hopefully he keeps it up. 

• Like 1

Good scoring, average assists and rebounds, very little by way of defensive stats or threes...efficiency not great but not terrible.

Conflicted on whether he's a strong enough hold in standard leagues when there have been a number of injuries/upcoming trades opening up potential elsewhere. He's the 200th ranked player over the last month.

17 hours ago, JStyles said:

Good scoring, average assists and rebounds, very little by way of defensive stats or threes...efficiency not great but not terrible.

Conflicted on whether he's a strong enough hold in standard leagues when there have been a number of injuries/upcoming trades opening up potential elsewhere. He's the 200th ranked player over the last month.

He's definitely fallen off after forcing his way into the starting lineup. It's hurt him and Vonleh that other guys (Trier, Knox, Kornet) have been stepping up. The offense relies less on them.

Emmanuel Mudiay (shoulder) to miss at least 2 weeks.

Dotson, Ntilikina and Burke was available in my League. I gambled on Burke, even though he did not play the last couple of games.

With the previous 31/10 explosion from Trier, I think he may no longer be available in most leagues.

52 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I think Trier is the add. 

I think they may want to keep him with the 2nd unit? Fitzdale made it seem like it was between Frank Ntilisomething, Burke, and Courtnee Lee? Dotson was playing well a few games ago too (by well I mean putting up good stats for fantasy).

Ok. Now what? What's with this guys contract? The way I see it is the Knicks now have Mudiay as a trade chip along with Kanter and Vonleh. Jordan and Wesley as well. Send Mudiay to the Suns! Or Pistons

8 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

Send Mudiay to the Suns! Or Pistons

I think if the Suns have any interest in him it would have already happened.  I don't think the Knicks have ever had any long-term plans for him despite his better play, and I am sure they have been shopping him the whole time while he has been playing better.

And the Pistons probably don't have any interest either, but if they did, they probably would try to attach Reggie Jackson to the trade. The Knicks would not take that contract back tho.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DLG10 said:

thoughts ROS?

I think it will depend on DSJ, he is being reevaluated this week. I went to the garden on Sunday and he was straight balling, was impressed with his all round game (fantasy and real life). If DSJ remains out hes a great option, would want to see how the minutes were split otherwise.

• Like 1