Sign in to follow this  
KingJoffrey

Noah Syndergaard 2019 Outlook

Interesting story out of MLBTR ..suggesting that the San Diego Padres are trying to trade for Thor.

I think it's kind of a long shot but stranger things have definitely happened.  

I wonder what the fantasy impact would be:

1) It's surprising but Citi field was actually a very huge pitcher's park this year, especially when it came to supressing Hrs.  I don't know how much Petco would help his stats.  Overall, the Padres offense was just terrible and it was terrible on the road as well.

2) What effect would playing in warm weather have on his injury issues, if anything?

3) Are the Padres actively going out and looking for players? this could make life hard for those in keeper leagues.

I dont think itll have a huge impact. Park Factors offset, and both team defenses are below average per UZR.

The warm weather theory is interesting but i dont know if that really has any effect.

I think Thor will have a good season, but I wouldn't draft him as my SP1. He has good control and keeps the ball in the park, but he's more of a thrower than a pitcher. His K% was down in 2018 and can't seem to stay healthy. He would be an excellent SP2, but he's ranked as a top 10 SP. 

• Like 2

I got him at 20 in a very pitching-heavy league. I think the fact that he plays for the Mets makes some people believe his arm is going to explode off his body, which is a reasonable concern.

• Haha 1

Pine tar. Was a cold night in Philly... I'd guess ~95% of pitchers use pine tar in those conditions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another meh performance.  Yes it was against the Cards on the road but he is going to be facing good lineups frequently in the NL East.

2 minutes ago, B&F said:

Another meh performance.  Yes it was against the Cards on the road but he is going to be facing good lineups frequently in the NL East.

Meh? He was terrible, next start is against the Brewers, no chance I'm starting him, I've watched his last few starts, to me it seems he is using his off speed stuff too much, for a guy who throws as hard as he does he should throw it more often, his control isin't great either

If someone would have told me I would be benching Thor for CC this year, I would have laughed so hard i'd split my side!

Well it's happening

11 minutes ago, Monkeyman74 said:

If someone would have told me I would be benching Thor for CC this year, I would have laughed so hard i'd split my side!

Well it's happening

Sounds like i should be sending out some low ball offers

LOB% around 50% that's gotta eventually change. Still limiting hard contact and still has a solid swinging strike rate. 

Better days ahead.

• Like 2

Wow does he ever suck right now, I didn't start him today and won't be anytime soon, just awful

And this concludes a pretty crappy April for Thor. 

So glad I sold my only share of Thor a few days ago. He doesn't look good at all this season.

It's early so maybe he figures it out but for the price paid to draft him he's just not worth it. Not even close.

Wouldn't surprise me if he had an arm issue.  If something is hurting it will affect command. 

6.35 ERA, 3.72 FIP, 3.60 xFIP

19.6 K-BB% (18.0 in 2018)

15.6% HR/FB (10.3% career)

.378 BABIP (.320 in 2018)

MOST IMPORTANT: 56.8% LOB%

Far too early to write this season off. Under the hood he looks very much like the same pitcher. I wouldn't sell, if anything I'd be looking to buy.

Am I the only one who thinks a looooot of good starters this year need to start frequenting better body shops?

20 hours ago, ktierne3 said:

Maybe he should eat a salad.

I get this reference 

• Like 1