• Announcements

• tonycpsu

Comments on New Forum Design (UPDATED with workarounds)   02/12/2019

We are aware that the current layout of the Rotoworld forums is not going over well, and we feel your pain.  Please direct any comments about the new look of the forums to help@rotoworld.com, or to this thread. For those who are able to install user styles, (e.g. with the Stylish addon for Firefox or Chrome), you may wish to try a couple of user-created alternative styles. RW Forums Tweaks by tonycpsu Rotoworld Forums Dark Mode by sngehl01  
Dugout Legend

2019 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo/CBS/Fantrax, etc.

All  Fantasy Baseball platform related material here. What we've learned about the sites over the years? Whats new? Enhancements, etc . Good and bad. Settings and features.

Fantrax

CBS

OnRoto

Yahoo

ESPN

Etc...

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

@TheWrightStuff when does yahoo open

I'm not Mr Wright but Yahoo traditionally has opened up around the Superbowl.  Anywhere from the week before, during or after it.  Last year it was a week

or two later than usual because of some technical change Yahoo claimed.  Is this the new normal or will we be back on schedule again in 2019?  Time will tell.

5 hours ago, shakestreet said:

I sure hope when ESPN opens it doesn’t have the basketball interface. 

It sucks 

This. Might actually make me switch my leagues it's so awful. So so awful. Less functionality somehow.

• Like 1

On 2018-11-19 at 11:47 AM, duke of queens said:

Will Yahoo make Ohtani 1 person this year is what I would like to know.

That would be hard to change now.  Would the keeper owner of the batter or pitcher get to keep him?

• Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 10:47 AM, duke of queens said:

Will Yahoo make Ohtani 1 person this year is what I would like to know.

Well, at least it won't matter since Tommy John will likely keep him from pitching all season lol. 

But I haven't seen anything on Ohtani being 1 person yet. 

Edited by Carlos Correa

8 minutes ago, TheBoatmen said:

That would be hard to change now.  Would the keeper owner of the batter or pitcher get to keep him?

We made him 1 person in our league just in case yahoo decided to switch.

ESPN down for maintenance beginning today.

52 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

ESPN down for maintenance beginning today.

I sure F-ing hope it’s the old format and not the new one they are using with basketball. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, shakestreet said:

I sure F-ing hope it’s the old format and not the new one they are using with basketball. 

Bad news..........anyone have any suggestions on what platform is most similar to ESPN (old interface) to switch to? This new format has been an absolute disaster for my fantasy basketball league so not even going to give it a chance for baseball. So stupid. 

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Letitbe793 said:

Bad news..........anyone have any suggestions on what platform is most similar to ESPN (old interface) to switch to? This new format has been an absolute disaster for my fantasy basketball league so not even going to give it a chance for baseball. So stupid. 

I knew ESPN was going to screw us over once they gave us this new basketball platform. 

I've stayed away from ESPN fantasy mostly because I hated their old platform. If the new one is worse...oofta!

What is so bad about it now? Any screenshots to show the problems and the current appearance? 

• Like 1

ESPN was already the worse. How much worse could it get? I like cbs, fantrax, yahoo all better for baseball over espn. If they change things maybe I will like it better but will have to see when it opens.

18 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I've stayed away from ESPN fantasy mostly because I hated their old platform. If the new one is worse...oofta!

What is so bad about it now? Any screenshots to show the problems and the current appearance? 

I have used every platform and I found ESPN the best, the navigation was easy. Everything was right there at the fingertips. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

13 minutes ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

ESPN was already the worse. How much worse could it get? I like cbs, fantrax, yahoo all better for baseball over espn. If they change things maybe I will like it better but will have to see when it opens.

I agree that is was already worse, I'm in a local pay league that uses it for 4 years now and it's my only experience on ESPN. I'm not sure what was good with it but before you could do classic mode like I have it set for football and change your lineup fast (ie Watson to bench, Cousins to QB, Michel and JWilliams to bench for so and so, etc... then click submit roster. Now you have to do each change 1 by 1 then it loads and saves the change. I believe free agents were easier to sort and in generally it was simpler or easier for pretty much everything.

6 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I have used every platform and I found ESPN the best

Yeah, I know. 

I’m with @Flyman75: does anyone have any screenshots from the basketball platform to clue us in? I only play fantasy baseball, so I don’t know what changes were made. I initially couldn’t stand ESPNs baseball platform, but it grew on me enough to not propose a switch to the commish. Guessing we stay with it, regardless, but I’d love to know what’s so awful about what’s coming.

1 hour ago, TribeFoo said:

I’m with @Flyman75: does anyone have any screenshots from the basketball platform to clue us in? I only play fantasy baseball, so I don’t know what changes were made. I initially couldn’t stand ESPNs baseball platform, but it grew on me enough to not propose a switch to the commish. Guessing we stay with it, regardless, but I’d love to know what’s so awful about what’s coming.

I have no idea about screen shots. 

Here is a link it is viewable to the public. 

http://fantasy.espn.com/basketball/league/settings?leagueId=192982

• Like 1

I don't know. It really doesn't look all that different to me. It just looks like a new paint job. But then again, what do I know. Without being able to play around with it, I might not be able to see the real changes. I just hope that they add a feature they had on their development site last year. Instead of keeping players only at the beginning of the draft, they gave you 3 options (Beginning, end or same round). The development site isn't live right now, at least not that I was able to see, unless they changed it, but here is a link to a post on these forums on how to get to the development site:

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TribeFoo said:

OK so I play basketball too.  

Here are main gripes

1) There seems to be an extra click when you put in a pending claim. This seems to get burdensome when you want to put multiple claims in

2) There's less info on the pop up player menu.  It doesn't show you the season long FT/FG% and under the game log it wont tell you how many FT/FG% shots he took. You have to go the full player profile page to see those.  These are important stats in any fantasy basketball league and analysis.  I worry they get rid of some important baseball ones.

3) When you're on the page to add a player, the text is bulkier and you have to scroll left to right to see everything, instead of all the info just being viewable. This is not a settings on my end either, cause when i zoom in or out with my browser, all the info still isn't on the scree.

4) Seems slower

I was more annoyed originally, but they've made some fixes. I still definitely prefer the older. I imagine a lot of people who have played fantasy baseball for a long time on ESPN are going to be mad at the learning curve and differences. Overall it's not awful, but it's worse. If you want to not pay for a service, it's still decent.

If Fantrax had an ap, I could probably convince my friends to switch over, but it doesn't and using it from a phone browser is just more difficult.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 5

I've never used Fantrax, but I would definitely consider it if it had a decent app.

It's 2019. Does anyone know why they don't yet have a decent app?

36 minutes ago, Grinner said:

I've never used Fantrax, but I would definitely consider it if it had a decent app.

It's 2019. Does anyone know why they don't yet have a decent app?

They were beta testing an app last year.  I Dled it to my phone and have found it easier to use than their old app.  It's basically the website but with quick links to different sections of app.  While its not perfect it is certainly better than using a browser and I feel like Fantrax has enough to offer otherwise to justify a switch from other sites.

Anyone have a screenshot of what a roster page looks like in an ESPN basketball league? Not looking forward to the new layout/themes, but if I have some time to mentally prepare for it, perhaps that'll make it more manageable