• Announcements

• tonycpsu

Comments on New Forum Design (UPDATED with workarounds)   02/12/2019

We are aware that the current layout of the Rotoworld forums is not going over well, and we feel your pain.  Please direct any comments about the new look of the forums to help@rotoworld.com, or to this thread. For those who are able to install user styles, (e.g. with the Stylish addon for Firefox or Chrome), you may wish to try a couple of user-created alternative styles. RW Forums Tweaks by tonycpsu Rotoworld Forums Dark Mode by sngehl01  
Dugout Legend

2019 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo/CBS/Fantrax, etc.

Yes to all those issues on tablet, plus whenever I try to use the app on my phone it crashes if I try to move players around.

this is confusing to me related to the 2 games in Japan.

is this just for weekly scoring, or daily roto leagues?

in a roto league that drafts after these games have already been played, someone could draft players from these teams, and still have the stats from these games count? how is that possible? for example lets say there is a player that in a standard league would go undrafted, and in these 2 games they go off with like 2 HR or 2 SB or whatever. one could draft that player and have those stats count? that seems like a flaw. one could draft that player (or players) and get those statistics, but then either not have them in their regular lineup, or drop them completely before other teams start their regular season games, AND still have those numbers for their team. if that is true then that is something that could be exploited. drafting after these games and before March 28, at the end of the draft just draft whatever players had good numbers and you're laughing.

2 hours ago, SpecialFNK said:

in a roto league that drafts after these games have already been played, someone could draft players from these teams, and still have the stats from these games count? how is that possible? for example lets say there is a player that in a standard league would go undrafted, and in these 2 games they go off with like 2 HR or 2 SB or whatever. one could draft that player and have those stats count? that seems like a flaw. one could draft that player (or players) and get those statistics, but then either not have them in their regular lineup, or drop them completely before other teams start their regular season games, AND still have those numbers for their team. if that is true then that is something that could be exploited. drafting after these games and before March 28, at the end of the draft just draft whatever players had good numbers and you're laughing.

You have to be a lawyer to get through Yahoo's stuff.  This was Yahoo's statement from a couple of weeks back:

With the A's-Mariners opening in Japan, here's how scoring will work:

If you draft before March 20, Week 1 scoring will start March 20.

If you draft March 20-27, Week 1 scoring will start March 28.

If you draft on or soon after March 28, scoring will start in Week 2, April 8.

My guess is week one ends on Sunday, April 7th no matter what of the Japan games or not options above you take.  But they could have worded it clearer.  But there is no statement in this quote about retro stats or whatever that guy was tweeting about.  Just another reason I'm glad I'm not on twitter. I'd have to deal with Yahoo tweets as well as their "official announcement" stuff which  is bad enough.

The "if you draft between March 20th and March 27th" would be bad.  You just don't miss the Japan games.  You miss the early 27th Opening Day back her in the States games too.  Why can't you draft on say Friday the 22nd of March and get the stats from the 27th?  It doesn't not compute.

Maybe the same people behind splitting Ohtani into two at Yahoo are doing the stat schedule this time around, geez.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

5 hours ago, SpecialFNK said:

Past years if you used ESPN you had to draft those guys in your starting lineup If you draft after those games are played. One year I remember Andy Van Slyke hit 2 homeruns. I did draft him and slotted him in my starting lineup. Then I dropped him. 

Have a question on autopick strategy on ESPN. I notice that in setting the min/max for each position, ESPN has it broken down by LF/CF/RF. However, my league only uses the general OF designation. Is there any way to set it so that I get a sufficient number of OF regardless of whether they are LF, CF, or RF?

On 2/17/2019 at 5:02 PM, shakestreet said:

Past years if you used ESPN you had to draft those guys in your starting lineup If you draft after those games are played. One year I remember Andy Van Slyke hit 2 homeruns. I did draft him and slotted him in my starting lineup. Then I dropped him. 

Did you win that league Gary?

Hahahhahaha.. you took a lot of heat in the draftroom for that shrewd move. 

2 hours ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

Did you win that league Gary?

Hahahhahaha.. you took a lot of heat in the draftroom for that shrewd move. 

I probably lost... the next night in another league another one of the guys beat me too Van Slyke. lol