Dugout Legend

2019 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo/CBS/Fantrax, etc.

I wish Yahoo allowed private leagues to customize position eligibility minimums.  5 starts/10 subs to get ROS and all of next season eligibility is way too low a threshold.  10 starts to qualify for ROS, and 20 starts or more for next season carry over would seem to make more sense.  Five starts at a position getting you potentially  over 300 games of position eligibility is bananas.  Probably a bigger deal for folks who play in LF/CF/RF leagues I'll admit. 

1 minute ago, Baseball Jonze said:

I wish Yahoo allowed private leagues to customize position eligibility minimums.  5 starts/10 subs to get ROS and all of next season eligibility is way too low a threshold.  10 starts to qualify for ROS, and 20 starts or more for next season carry over would seem to make more sense.  Five starts at a position getting you potentially  over 300 games of position eligibility is bananas.  Probably a bigger deal for folks who play in LF/CF/RF leagues I'll admit. 

I love Yahoo's eligibility rules.  And baseball is moving in this direction anyway.  Multi-eligibilities is the cool thing in MLB these days.  They are finally catching up to Yahoo, haha.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Baseball Jonze said:

Yahoo is already kinda lax on position eligibility requirements. On ESPN in private leagues you can delete positions and ONLY use utility. A super duper league where you can just play anyone you want. 

I wish yahoo allowed for you to move and reorder your fantasy teams. would like all my auction teams in order. or all my similar teams clustered together in order- helps when going after f/a. 

2 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

I wish yahoo allowed for you to move and reorder your fantasy teams. would like all my auction teams in order. or all my similar teams clustered together in order- helps when going after f/a. 

I bookmark my four teams individually in the order I want them.  But if you have tons of teams you'd probably have to bookmark them in a sub-folder or there goes all your bookmark room, hah.

I agree the team listings Yahoo has are silly that you can't change them around except to push any football or basketball teams below the baseball ones.  Use to not be able to do even that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Go by the pre-season rankings instead that you find on the Players page for Yahoo's rankings. 

Where can I find this page?

2 hours ago, JohnJSal said:

Where can I find this page?

On the Players List.  Main top black bar with menus.  Players --> Players List.  The page you are on as much as your My Team page in other words.

To see all of them change the left most STATUS menu from All Available Players to All Players if you are playing dynasty or keepers.  If it is a new league the available players will be the same as all players.  Pitchers and Hitters are separate so you don't see them combined.  Use the POSITION menu to switch around to who you want to see.

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

On the Players List.  Main top black bar with menus.  Players --> Players List.  The page you are on as much as your My Team page in other words.

To see all of them change the left most STATUS menu from All Available Players to All Players if you are playing dynasty or keepers.  If it is a new league the available players will be the same as all players.  Pitchers and Hitters are separate so you don't see them combined.  Use the POSITION menu to switch around to who you want to see.

I don't see this link. Could it be something that appears only after you've drafted a team? The black bar for me shows:

Baseball '19 / MLB Updates / Research / Draft / Fantasy Shop

I've searched around but I don't see a "Players" link anywhere. Sorry!

We are doing a live online auction (not snake draft) on Yahoo. Do they allow autopick if someone has to leave early (or shows up late)? 

When will ESPN add IL players to the IL?

ex: Kershaw, Martinez etc. . .

Tried to google it

28 minutes ago, NolanRyan said:

When will ESPN add IL players to the IL?

ex: Kershaw, Martinez etc. . .

Tried to google it

When their teams put them on the DL in real life.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, TheBoatmen said:

I figured that. I tried googling for a "deadline for 25 roster DL" stuff like that and coudln't find anything. Trying to plan roster for the next week

Any idea of when teams tend to do this? Maybe from examples of the last years (couple days before start of season?)

Edited by NolanRyan
updating

35 minutes ago, TheBoatmen said:

What about a guy like Kopech who was officially placed on the DL/IL on Monday March 11 and is still DTD on ESPN?  

5 hours ago, JohnJSal said:

I don't see this link. Could it be something that appears only after you've drafted a team? The black bar for me shows:

Yes, you need to have drafted/created a team to see the Players section.

If you want to look before you draft, just create a temporary league for yourself to get access.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JohnJSal said:

Then look in a team you already drafted.  The Players List is the same for every league if the stats are the same as in 5 x 5 and it sounds like you are drafting in default 5 x 5 leagues.

7 hours ago, NolanRyan said:

I figured that. I tried googling for a "deadline for 25 roster DL" stuff like that and coudln't find anything. Trying to plan roster for the next week

Any idea of when teams tend to do this? Maybe from examples of the last years (couple days before start of season?)

As late as possible most times.  Unless it is long term DLs like 60 days or they know in advance the player only needs like maybe 3 days off into the regular season they usually wait until they get the whole 10 days.  Which means they have to wait until near the last minute.  So usually the night before their Opening Day or that morning.  Technically they have up to when the first ball is pitched for their Opening Day. 

13 hours ago, Wytchclt55 said:

What about a guy like Kopech who was officially placed on the DL/IL on Monday March 11 and is still DTD on ESPN?  

I would say they missed on that one any they would fix it if you emailed them it sent it to their twitter account.  Now I say this before they made all these changes.  They may have to shutdown for 3 weeks to change the status of a player now.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Wytchclt55 said:

ESPN screwed up.  He is on the 60 day DL on Yahoo and has been since he was designated so it is definitely a platform issue and not a shared database issue.  TheBoatman is right.  Best contact ESPN.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

anyone else lose the stats from the first game in Japan on yahoo?

Edited by RyanM915
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, RyanM915 said:

Yessir!

I hope Yahoo! fixes this...

7 minutes ago, Scaramanga said:

Yessir!

I hope Yahoo! fixes this...

me too.. I'll take that Piscotty HR and Gordon SB

11 minutes ago, RyanM915 said:

They’re probably fixing something because I noticed during ST games our standings were updating to the stats for the day’s games. Both games will be in by official opening day.

3 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

They’re probably fixing something because I noticed during ST games our standings were updating to the stats for the day’s games. Both games will be in by official opening day.

Fingers crossed.  Need the Haniger and Chapman HRs/RBIs!

Anyone know what the deal with the Japan games is on CBS?  My root league has t had any stats register and game tracker says season hasn’t started

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

And yeah Yahoo is screwing things up.  And waivers are still out there too at nearly 9 am eastern.  So much for my one gloat of the year.

Okay yesterday's stats from Japan do seem to be in the Yahoo system and show up if you hit past 7 days, past 14 days and past month categories.  Just not the 2019 one yet.  I remember last season the "year" category was always the last to update too.  Man this DOS coding needs to get modernized.

Speaking of which waivers cleared in one of my leagues that had a lot of moves at 9:06 am.  Only took them SIX hours to process their data tonight, groan.  And tons of leagues haven't even been created yet since a lot of casual leagues start up like the last week of March.  So the number crunching time will get a lot worse.