Dugout Legend

2019 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo/CBS/Fantrax, etc.

6 hours ago, Hollywood42 said:

Anyone have a screenshot of what a roster page looks like in an ESPN basketball league? Not looking forward to the new layout/themes, but if I have some time to mentally prepare for it, perhaps that'll make it more manageable 

http://fantasy.espn.com/basketball/team?leagueId=27230849&teamId=2&seasonId=2019

not sure if you can view it

After playing ESPN Hockey this season, I am seriously dreading re-activation for this season.  I despise the new format. It's painfully slow to load and navigate.  The removal of the Player Search Bar completely is a truly baffling decision. I can only hope they've re-added that feature back. Not really a fan of the player pictures on the Team page either. Also the "Display Preferences" option on your Team page is gone. No changing the stats you see (at least in Hockey)...so if you don't have ERA as a category in your league, you can't view it on your team page nor search Free Agents with it. 

If you prefer to navigate your team with Safari or some HTML browser on your phone...FORGET IT!....It's so broken it's not even funny. Get used to managing your team via the app!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, blinkfan77 said:

The removal of the Player Search Bar completely is a truly baffling decision. I can only hope they've re-added that feature back.

Forgot about this on m rundown in the lat page. That hurt. Was a good feature than neither yahoo or fantrax had. 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 3:38 PM, damana said:

They were beta testing an app last year.  I Dled it to my phone and have found it easier to use than their old app.  It's basically the website but with quick links to different sections of app.  While its not perfect it is certainly better than using a browser and I feel like Fantrax has enough to offer otherwise to justify a switch from other sites.

Agree, fantrax provides a great interface, great content, and it is free (outside of some premium features for keeper leagues for example, but those aren't free on most other sites either).  Hard to beat.

• Like 1

I've done ESPN mostly and last year I had a team on fantrax for the first time and... I was underwhelmed.  I mean maybe I had high expectations since others like it and ESPN has its issues but I was hoping for something much better but I didn't experience much better.  A big factor probably was that I was used to the ESPN interface, so it was harder to find the info I wanted.  And just seemed slower in general. And in that regard, I'll probably have issues with the new ESPN interface as well. I'm kinda convinced there is no perfect platform and it is mainly what you are used to.  

CBS is the closest thing you'll get to perfection...now they have had issues in the past too, but the common sense fixable stuff was addressed very quickly and most always is. Obv that is easier to do when you have $ coming in and paid staff to handle it.

I've tried them all at various times, but admittedly am not 'current' with any of them outside of CBS-

Kinda because I am in my 30s and no longer like change ;) but I am CBS (and weekly lineups) only because it just allows me to streamline my focus and more or less micro manage my 'fantasy' time online...but mostly because I do keepers/dynasty and high stakes stuff that I could not imagine using these other providers that so many people complain about...it is so well worth everything it costs imo--which is under 10 bucks a player typically--peanuts.

4 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Forgot about this on m rundown in the lat page. That hurt. Was a good feature than neither yahoo or fantrax had. 

This is a HUGE feature removal.  It went from being instant, to having to click multiple links and navigate to a new page.  Disaster of a decision. If it's not back, I'll be leaving ESPN next year. It's that much of a dealbreaker for me.

I am really curious to just have a thorough breakdown of the different platforms that have apps IE see screenshots of what the interfaces look like and know what the feature differences are for the commissioners as well as owners. In terms of the actual gameplay, the most obvious difference is the eligibility requirements, but if there are any other differences regarding player transactions I would be curious about that as well.

I have only played Fantasy Baseball on Yahoo, but I have played FF on ESPN and am familiar with the interface.

Yahoo targeting January 31st; a rep of theirs replied to someone's question with that info

Edited by WTP333

13 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

Yahoo targeting January 31st; a rep of theirs replied to someone's question with that info

The person WTP333 is referring to is Guy Lake.

To all that utilize the CBS platform....  there was a major haul of minor leaguers added to the database today. Replace your placeholders where necessary! 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Rustfinger said:

ESPN up and running.

Wow, this has to be a new record. Now for the long, arduous task of getting the commish to renew the league so I can see what all his hoopla is about.

19 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

Wow, this has to be a new record. Now for the long, arduous task of getting the commish to renew the league so I can see what all his hoopla is about.

Looks like you can sign up on the app but not on the website

6 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Looks like you can sign up on the app but not on the website

I think they are still adding things. Couldn't find draft pick trading an hour ago, but its there now.

The ADP rankings on ESPN for the mocks today are absolutely absurd, so that's fun.

8 minutes ago, Rustfinger said:

I think they are still adding things. Couldn't find draft pick trading an hour ago, but its there now.

I would think access to sign up would be first.

11 minutes ago, Rustfinger said:

where is it im trying to swap the picks around that were traded last year

35 minutes ago, nygiantsfan913 said:

where is it im trying to swap the picks around that were traded last year

Click LM Tools on the top of the webpage. It's third choice in the Draft Tools panel (top, middle). I've not tried it yet, so I don't know if you can do what you need to yet.

On 1/8/2019 at 10:56 AM, kenag122002 said:

Agree, fantrax provides a great interface, great content, and it is free (outside of some premium features for keeper leagues for example, but those aren't free on most other sites either).  Hard to beat.

I tried a Fantrax league last year, and I hated its interface. 

On 1/8/2019 at 11:46 AM, ST. STEVEN said:

CBS is the closest thing you'll get to perfection.

Ack! No. I'm got into a CBS keeper league last year, and hated it. I'm still in the league, but I don't like their interface nor do I like the app. Maybe it's just a matter of being a Yahoo user for so long (and Yahoo is in NO way perfect by any means), but I can't stand CBS. 

1 hour ago, Rustfinger said:

Click LM Tools on the top of the webpage. It's third choice in the Draft Tools panel (top, middle). I've not tried it yet, so I don't know if you can do what you need to yet.

i got the part to turn on draft pick trading. but i dont have the option to edit rosters and make trades between teams to swap out picks traded. if i go into edit rosters all is says is add player, drop player or manage DL . there used to be an option to make trades also i dont see a trading block anywhere

this is from a help chat with espn

Thank you for your patience, unfortunately the trade player feature is not available yet via LM tools.

oh ok any idea w hen it w ill be up and also is there gonna be a trading block at all?

Unfortunately, at this time I can not speculate on what will and won't be added.