Dugout Legend

2019 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo/CBS/Fantrax, etc.

Just now, Baur10 said:

If they're on your team yeah they show up.  If you're looking at the player pool/search function/watch list they still are not.  Bote is a FA and just has PP at 3rd with nothing else listed. At least for me.

Well in the meantime go to https://www.baseball-reference.com/

Scroll down your player's page and look under Standard Fielding.  It gives both Games Started (GS) and Appearances (G) at each position and is always up to date.

The online Baseball Reference ... don't play fantasy ball without it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Well in the meantime go to https://www.baseball-reference.com/

Scroll down your player's page and look under Standard Fielding.  It gives both Games Started (GS) and Appearances (G) at each position and is always up to date.

The online Baseball Reference ... don't play fantasy ball without it!

Use the site all the time but didn't know about that feature.  Seems a lot more useful than adding and dropping a player just to find out how close they are to getting 3B eligibility!

1 hour ago, Baur10 said:

If they're on your team yeah they show up.  If you're looking at the player pool/search function/watch list they still are not.  Bote is a FA and just has PP at 3rd with nothing else listed. At least for me.

Misunderstanding. You are right on Bote as a FA, it only shows PP.

These changes that ESPN made has soured my fantasy experience. I loved the old format. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Misunderstanding. You are right on Bote as a FA, it only shows PP.

These changes that ESPN made has soured my fantasy experience. I loved the old format. 

Yeah I'm fine with the aesthetic stuff but they totally gutted a lot of features I liked (I kinda like the league chat thought) and released an unfinished product. It's frustrating.  

1 hour ago, Baur10 said:

Use the site all the time but didn't know about that feature.  Seems a lot more useful than adding and dropping a player just to find out how close they are to getting 3B eligibility!

Yep, it’s great. It’s my goto for positional eligibility. Yahoo games played by position on their player pages, but I still go to BR simply because there is a lot more info there...and BR is ALWAYS up on a tab on my laptop and my phone, even when it’s not baseball season. Lol. 

• Like 1

Last year ESPN would note next to the player if he were starting or not.  This year, with the new software, it does not note this.  How have you adjusted for it?

On 4/3/2019 at 2:26 PM, RoadApple said:

ESPN does too but they limit it to 10 team leagues (At least they did, not sure if they fixed that). 

ESPN has DP Trading in all leagues.

ESPN has wrecked their platform. The old Fantasycast was awesome. I would often have it on my laptop so I could watch out of the corner of my eye while watching TV or reading. Not only is Fantasycast useless now, they no longer keep track of pitcher start pace or record active stats. It's as if they deliberately sought to sabotage their platform to drive people to Yahoo.

• Like 2

Just now, Ace_King said:

ESPN has wrecked their platform. The old Fantasycast was awesome. I would often have it on my laptop so I could watch out of the corner of my eye while watching TV or reading. Not only is Fantasycast useless now, they no longer keep track of pitcher start pace or record active stats. It's as if they deliberately sought to sabotage their platform to drive people to Yahoo.

I love that people here are pretending that needing to use another website to check eligibility is not that big a deal 😂😂

49 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I love that people here are pretending that needing to use another website to check eligibility is not that big a deal 😂😂

Huh? Are you even a ESPN user?  Do you even know what he is talking about? It seems like you don’t. 

I have a feeling he is talking about a function that told us rotisserie users are max n pace for starting pitchers. Some leagues have 180 game starts there use to be a click that told us if we were ahead or behind ... it also gave us how many game starts we used. Something like 34/180 .... active stats was another tool for us rotisserie users. 

First time Yahoo! user.  When do transactions reset in leagues with weekly limits -- midnight EST, or... ??

There is a discrepancy in Quintana score for the game played on March 30 between what appears on Yahoo and what is on mlb site. Any of you ever had an experience with this? Do you guys know when Yahoo corrects the scores? I sent them an email yesterday but no response so far. 

ESPN didn’t register Cody Bellinger’s outfield assist from last night when he threw out Trevor story at third base from right field. I see it’s acknowledged in the box score, but it isn’t in fantasy. Does this usually take longer than overnight?

17 hours ago, 80version said:

First time Yahoo! user.  When do transactions reset in leagues with weekly limits -- midnight EST, or... ??

They start the data crunching at midnight pacific (3 am EDT).  "Moves" in h2h leagues immediately re-set at that time.  (Midnight eastern would make no sense since it is only 9 pm pacific at that point and lots of games are still going on).

Side Note: Individual people who are set to clear waivers on Monday may not clear until the data cruncher gets to your league if you are waiting for one of them and want to pick them up as a free agent instead of wasting a waiver claim on them.  Can be several hours or more for that to happen.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bigmck said:

Last year ESPN would note next to the player if he were starting or not.  This year, with the new software, it does not note this.  How have you adjusted for it?

Use baseball press. Info for starting is faster than waiting for ESPN or Yahoo to post, which I find isn't always as accurate as BP.

In ESPN, our league only allows two IL spots, but one manager has three guys currently rostered on IL. I double checked the settings and they are correct. Not sure what's going on here (I am the LM). Has anyone else seen something like this?

5 minutes ago, dele said:

In ESPN, our league only allows two IL spots, but one manager has three guys currently rostered on IL. I double checked the settings and they are correct. Not sure what's going on here (I am the LM). Has anyone else seen something like this?

I find this hard to believe... 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, dele said:

UPDATE: I'm an idiot. One of the players is Ohtani, so he appears on IL in both batter and pitcher areas. To a person scanning the roster too quickly, this makes it look like three players are rostered on IL.

Edited by dele
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Marcus Anthony said:

ESPN didn’t register Cody Bellinger’s outfield assist from last night when he threw out Trevor story at third base from right field. I see it’s acknowledged in the box score, but it isn’t in fantasy. Does this usually take longer than overnight?

Your league counts assists? Thats hardcore.

1 hour ago, RoadApple said:

Your league counts assists? Thats hardcore.

Actually using assists and minor categories like that as comparable to RBIs or ERA etc just throws balance in the league way off.  I was briefly in a league where they used "appearance" by relievers as a category.  I left the league because of that stat category rewarding a middle reliever with a "1" for "appearing"  and giving up say 5 runs in half an innings as the same "1" earned by a pitcher going 7 innings of 1 hit ball.

2 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

They start the data crunching at midnight pacific (3 am EDT).  "Moves" in h2h leagues immediately re-set at that time.  (Midnight eastern would make no sense since it is only 9 pm pacific at that point and lots of games are still going on).

Side Note: Individual people who are set to clear waivers on Monday may not clear until the data cruncher gets to your league if you are waiting for one of them and want to pick them up as a free agent instead of wasting a waiver claim on them.  Can be several hours or more for that to happen.

Thanks BBT.  I was up until midnight (on west coast) to see if that was the case.  I've always used ESPN until this season and the first week's 7 transaction limit caught me off guard.  Hit my limit in the first few days and had to watch all of the hot pick-ups get scooped up :(, then blow most of this week's transactions at the stroke of midnight plugging the holes in my roster with leftovers.  

2 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Actually using assists and minor categories like that as comparable to RBIs or ERA etc just throws balance in the league way off.  I was briefly in a league where they used "appearance" by relievers as a category.  I left the league because of that stat category rewarding a middle reliever with a "1" for "appearing"  and giving up say 5 runs in half an innings as the same "1" earned by a pitcher going 7 innings of 1 hit ball.

The only unorthodox/minor categories that we use are outfield assists, gwrbi, and double plays turned. We dont do holds or appearances for relievers, only saves, blown saves and Innings pitched.

You can now edit players in postponed games on Yahoo!:

If a player’s game is officially postponed (PPD), you can move that player to the bench and swap him out for another player on your roster even after the game's originally scheduled start time. Note that if any stats have been counted for the game (for any player) before the game is postponed, the roster position will remain locked and cannot be edited.

Players in games with a status of delayed will be locked. Only when the game is officially postponed will the player be unlocked.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN6799.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2019 at 2:38 PM, Ace_King said:

It's as if ESPN deliberately sought to sabotage their platform to drive people to Yahoo.

It's truly baffling. They made the site slower, require more clicks, have less data .. it's just annoying af to check teams on there. If you have a bunch of teams across different platforms, their site is just tilting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smeeze said:

You can now edit players in postponed games on Yahoo!:

If a player’s game is officially postponed (PPD), you can move that player to the bench and swap him out for another player on your roster even after the game's originally scheduled start time. Note that if any stats have been counted for the game (for any player) before the game is postponed, the roster position will remain locked and cannot be edited.

Players in games with a status of delayed will be locked. Only when the game is officially postponed will the player be unlocked.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN6799.html

A miracle!  A miracle!  Now just fix the damn disappearing NA slots in the spring and we are good to go, Yahoo.

• Like 2