Dugout Legend

2019 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo/CBS/Fantrax, etc.

5 minutes ago, cs3 said:

This.

If you're using the app for setting lineups, you're doing it wrong.

I tried all of the above.  Used the computer first, then went to classic, then went to app.  None of them would let me.

The only thing that worked was going to Tuesday and DL'ing on the computer.  Not sure where the glitch is though and if it just let it go through that way.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The Czar said:

Thanks. Not sure what is up.  Were you able to get Meadow's DL'd?

I finally got it to work by going to Tuesday and making the switch and it let me and then it let me go back in to today's lineup and do it.  Really weird though.  I wasn't sure if my work firewall was messing with me or not.

Yes.  If a player is DL'ed on Yahoo that day and you can't ADD or DROP players without that actually happening to the next day then your league is set to the default of next day moves.  In which case you do what you just did.  Go one day ahead and make the move then you can move him the day before as well.  Software isn't always logical, hah.

On moves take effect on same day you usually never have this problem.  But the default is moves take effect next day.

59 minutes ago, posty said:

For you guys that have the issues about moving DL people around, are you using the App to try to do the moves or are you doing it through the website?

In all the years that I played, I NEVER had issues moving players around using the classic interface from the website...  I would suggest getting rid of the App and go via the website...

The app works fine and don't leave home without it.  And it doesn't have to be either or.  You can have the app on your phone and also access and use the website on your phone as well.  So if the app isn't working over one small thing just switch to the website for that on either your phone or on your laptop. 

But don't ever get rid of the app.  I mean evere.

Most trade talk these days uses the app's messaging feature.  Don't have the app and you not only not get a lot of trade offers but trade announcements and pre-trade inquiries in general.  Since Y! Sports Email still doesn't work right in REPLY mode and 9 out of 10 times doesn't go back to the original sender (and hasn't for years now) and the messaging on the app is totally 100% solid it is the way most people have gone now to reach other members of the league.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

But don't ever get rid of the app.  I mean evere

GroupMe and WhatsApp are both about 1000x better than relying on the yahoo app for anything. They are more functional, have more features, and are more reliable. If you're in a league with a bunch of strangers like a YPro maybe that's not an option, but for any private league I see no reason to NOT use a 3rd party messaging app.

Edited by cs3

1 hour ago, cs3 said:

GroupMe and WhatsApp are both about 1000x better than relying on the yahoo app for anything. They are more functional, have more features, and are more reliable. If you're in a league with a bunch of strangers like a YPro maybe that's not an option, but for any private league I see no reason to NOT use a 3rd party messaging app.

I do as in no one has those apps or would use same or we see ANY reason whatsoever to use them for league messaging when they already have a league messenger service built into the app.  They would think anyone trying to persuade them to use a different app for no reason whatsoever is crazy.

Plus you have to know a person's phone number for WhatsApp as I recall.  No one want s to give out that much private information to their fellow owners in some private league who are otherwise strangers in real life.  I know I never would.

And why are these apps a thousand times better anyway?  Yahoo League Messenger works perfectly to do exactly the task it is meant to perform being able to message the whole league or just one or some of the owners.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

Anyone else having issues accessing their teams on ESPN? The team page loads for a brief second and then goes blank. 

Jon, You are somewhat correct, but it allows me to see only two teams

Edited by shakestreet
  • Like 1

Just now, shakestreet said:

Jon, You are somewhat correct, but it allows me to see only two teams

Yea I can only see one team. The rest just loads for a sec and then goes blank. I've logged out and logged back in and still nothing. I've cleared cookies and nothing. It's only getting worse with them...

• Thanks 1

Boyd's stats counted double on ESPN today.  He pitched 14 innings and got 2 wins.  Cool.  Not!!!

46 minutes ago, Short Porch said:

Boyd's stats counted double on ESPN today.  He pitched 14 innings and got 2 wins.  Cool.  Not!!!

Chris Sale pitched 10 innings struck out 20 batters 

4 hours ago, Short Porch said:

I can do you one better; they tripled Xander's stats.  Oddly, Xander showed having 6 HRs, but the team he was on only had 5 for the week.

So, ESPN can't even F up correctly.

I would imagine all these ESPN double-header doubled up stats errors will be corrected when the site rejigs to the next day overnight. But it certainly doesn't look good on them for not getting it right same day, among all the other snafus they've had and continue to have with their new format.

Wasn't broken last year. Yet they decided to "fix it". And killed it.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2019 at 5:27 PM, The Big Bat Theory said:

Most trade talk these days uses the app's messaging feature.  Don't have the app and you not only not get a lot of trade offers but trade announcements and pre-trade inquiries in general.  Since Y! Sports Email still doesn't work right in REPLY mode and 9 out of 10 times doesn't go back to the original sender (and hasn't for years now) and the messaging on the app is totally 100% solid it is the way most people have gone now to reach other members of the league.

I always played with people that I could communicate via email or texting, so I never needed the app...

Plus I only use my phone for phone calls, texting and Waze...

I'm using Yahoo and have a Rotisserie style league, auction style and chose keeper league option. I don't see player salaries anywhere. I'm hoping they were stored and will at least show up at the start of next year when we decide on our keepers. Is there anywhere to find salaries right now?

Hmmm I could have sworn ESPN had Clint listed as IL so I was able to put him there.  Now it is showing back to DTD and I can't make an add until I remove him from the IL.

16 hours ago, Donovan84 said:

I'm using Yahoo and have a Rotisserie style league, auction style and chose keeper league option. I don't see player salaries anywhere. I'm hoping they were stored and will at least show up at the start of next year when we decide on our keepers. Is there anywhere to find salaries right now?

They can be seen under Draft: Draft Results. Also, if you assigned them all as keepers when inputting the draft draft results, Yahoo would put a small letter "K" next to their name and when you hover over it it would show the auction price. I recommend this as the whole assigning keepers really holds no weight as this can be adjusted the following year. Salaries can be adjusted under the Commissioner tab: Keeper Costs.

On 4/22/2019 at 9:18 PM, cs3 said:

I use GroupMe for all of my kids ball teams, and I fail to see why it’s 1000x better than the Yahoo app messenger. It’s not more functional. It’s not more reliable. I’ve actually had more issues with GroupMe than I’ve ever had with the Yahoo messenger. I can’t think of the extra features it has. And what extra features do I need to message back and forth with a fellow league owner? I actually have no idea what you’re talking about with this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ToO_BaD said:

Hmmm I could have sworn ESPN had Clint listed as IL so I was able to put him there.  Now it is showing back to DTD and I can't make an add until I remove him from the IL.

I believe you because I seen my Scooter Gennett have the red IL look at my team an hour later and the red IL is gone. Then an hour later it is back. I ******** hate what ESPN did with its fantasy platform. Disgrace bull$h*t 

5 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I believe you because I seen my Scooter Gennett have the red IL look at my team an hour later and the red IL is gone. Then an hour later it is back. I ******** hate what ESPN did with its fantasy platform. Disgrace bull$h*t 

Yeah.  He is back to being listed "IL" so I was able to add someone - but if I had missed out on that player I would have been pissed.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I use GroupMe for all of my kids ball teams, and I fail to see why it’s 1000x better than the Yahoo app messenger. It’s not more functional. It’s not more reliable. I’ve actually had more issues with GroupMe than I’ve ever had with the Yahoo messenger. I can’t think of the extra features it has. And what extra features do I need to message back and forth with a fellow league owner? I actually have no idea what you’re talking about with this. 

Honestly if you can't see what's better about GroupMe then I have a hard time believing you use it often enough to fairly assess it. One thing most people dont realize is that GroupMe is also available on their website, so you if you're at a computer you don't even have to have your phone app open. 

The app is terrible and in my experience across multiple leagues, everyone who "uses it for the messenger" gets lazy and  also tries to use it for lineups, which inevitably causes them problems. Im not basing this on a one or two time thing. It happens every single year multiple times to people who use the app.

Edited by cs3

4 hours ago, duke of queens said:

They can be seen under Draft: Draft Results. Also, if you assigned them all as keepers when inputting the draft draft results, Yahoo would put a small letter "K" next to their name and when you hover over it it would show the auction price. I recommend this as the whole assigning keepers really holds no weight as this can be adjusted the following year. Salaries can be adjusted under the Commissioner tab: Keeper Costs.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, cs3 said:

Honestly if you can't see what's better about GroupMe then I have a hard time believing you use it often enough to fairly assess it. One thing most people dont realize is that GroupMe is also available on their website, so you if you're at a computer you don't even have to have your phone app open. 

The app is terrible and in my experience across multiple leagues, everyone who "uses it for the messenger" gets lazy and  also tries to use it for lineups, which inevitably causes them problems. Im not basing this on a one or two time thing. It happens every single year multiple times to people who use the app.

We must be using different Yahoo Fantasy Sports Apps cause mine works perfectly and people playing in leagues use it all the time.  People including me use it all the time to set or change line-ups.  I have no idea what your problem is with it.

Meanwhile why herd cats and try and convince 15 other owners in a league, many of which have never used GroupMe and have no need for it, to download/use some third party app and re-invent the wheel when they use Yahoo app for most everything already and it works perfectly.

And why wouldn't I still have easy access to my cell phone while at my laptop or a work computer?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cs3 said:

You can have a hard time believing all you want, but I have six very active groups and use it to contact parents on the various teams. And I’ve used it for the last 3 years  

If people you know are having that many problems using Yahoo’s fantasy baseball and football apps, then you need to hang around different people. I’ve used it for years and never have a problem. I use the app to set my lineups frequently, more than I do my laptop, and I have had zero issues. My only problem has been the DL swap. I wish they’d fix that, but otherwise, no issues. Multiple guys in multiple leagues use the app for everything they do and have no complaints/problems. Just sounds like digging in with hyperbole. 

• Like 2

Don't know if this has been discussed already somewhere on the forums, but Yahoo! needs to figure out what day the monkeys got loose and changed their ranking formulas.  Mike Minor and his 3.00+ ERA is NOT the #4 ranked player in baseball.  CG SHO's are not THAT important, trust me.  Marquez has actually been pretty good, but not #2 good.  As the only two people with a SHO this year, that category seems to be drastically inflating both of their rankings.  Maybe a lot of your leagues don't use SHOs so you haven't noticed, but both of my leagues use that scoring category and it's annoying to see.