Dugout Legend

2019 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo/CBS/Fantrax, etc.

16 minutes ago, nygiantsfan913 said:

i got the part to turn on draft pick trading. but i dont have the option to edit rosters and make trades between teams to swap out picks traded. if i go into edit rosters all is says is add player, drop player or manage DL . there used to be an option to make trades also i dont see a trading block anywhere

Trading block was removed in basketball so it might be gone for baseball as well.

CONGRATS BOYS AND GIRLS, ESPN FANTASY BASEBALL IS BACK ONLINE!

Good news: LOTS OF PROSPECTS!

Bad news: Hate the new format

And there is no trading block... 

What the **** are they doing removing features. Jesus. I am NOT a fan of what's going on here. 

9 minutes ago, sngehl01 said:

CONGRATS BOYS AND GIRLS, ESPN FANTASY BASEBALL IS BACK ONLINE!

Good news: LOTS OF PROSPECTS!

Bad news: Hate the new format

Is it the same format that is being used for basketball ? 

I haven’t been able to see any of my leagues 

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

Is it the same format that is being used for basketball ? 

I haven’t been able to see any of my leagues 

Yes. I don't like it. The home page is very linear too, up and down. There is a chat on the homepage, so I do like it's there, but they don't let you pick and choose what's featured and where. 

11 minutes ago, sngehl01 said:

Yes. I don't like it. The home page is very linear too, up and down. There is a chat on the homepage, so I do like it's there, but they don't let you pick and choose what's featured and where. 

ESPN screwed the longtime user who loved that old format ... expect the same for football. 

7 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

ESPN screwed the longtime user who loved that old format ... expect the same for football. 

maybe they will get enough negative feedback and decide not to screw up football

36 minutes ago, Carlos Correa said:

I got word that Ohtani in Yahoo will be two players again this season.

Ugh, so annoying. Yahoo still being lazy.

On 1/7/2019 at 10:47 PM, blinkfan77 said:

After playing ESPN Hockey this season, I am seriously dreading re-activation for this season.  I despise the new format. It's painfully slow to load and navigate.  The removal of the Player Search Bar completely is a truly baffling decision. I can only hope they've re-added that feature back. Not really a fan of the player pictures on the Team page either. Also the "Display Preferences" option on your Team page is gone. No changing the stats you see (at least in Hockey)...so if you don't have ERA as a category in your league, you can't view it on your team page nor search Free Agents with it. 

If you prefer to navigate your team with Safari or some HTML browser on your phone...FORGET IT!....It's so broken it's not even funny. Get used to managing your team via the app!

I really liked the "display preferences" and used it often. 

Do you play roto? How about roto line on your team page?That is so convenient and a must-have.

How come every time these fantasy platforms change their format its never for the better?  I also don't understand why ESPN had to change anything.  Its too big and when take longer to make lineup changes.

5 hours ago, weakkneeswilly said:

I really liked the "display preferences" and used it often. 

Do you play roto? How about roto line on your team page?That is so convenient and a must-have.

I get the rotoline on the webpage, but not on the app on tablet or phone.

I prefer to use the website version on my ipad, but that no longer seems to work. The app regularly crashes on my phone too.

• Thanks 1

I played in a few Yahoo leagues last year that used the ESPN set up...it was pretty good

5x5 roto standard pages loaded fast and was easy to navigate...i will be looking for more of those this year

the new ESPN is tough to navigate and slow 

• Like 1

I can get used to the new styles and everything, but ESPN took away a lot of things I used a lot. I'm curious about switching over to a new platform, looking for some advice from the community about where the best place will be. Here's my list of must-haves-

• Customization of stats on team page (i.e. toggle OBP on/off)

• Intuitive layout/structure, don't want to have to look for something for 5 minutes having no idea where it may be

• Some keeper functionality (I can work with exactly how much)

• Extensive commish/LM tools

There's a couple other things that would be nice to have, but those are the big areas of note. Any feedback as to where I should look? I've played mainly on ESPN, though I was in a Fantrax league last year and thought it was ok, not perfect

• Like 1

idiots, who is running their fantasy decisions? ESPN must really want to lose all their fantasy business

is there a comparable thread for fantasy baseball sites that have projections and write ups, not really platforms to play. I think there was something like that last season but I don't remember. for example razzball.com has started with their top 10 and top 20 for 2019 with projections.

10 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

is there a comparable thread for fantasy baseball sites that have projections and write ups, not really platforms to play. I think there was something like that last season but I don't remember. for example razzball.com has started with their top 10 and top 20 for 2019 with projections.

something like fantasy rundown? or am i misunderstanding the question?

Edited by WTP333

Looking at Fantrax, the free version seems to have a lot to offer, even for dynasty leagues.  Anyone with experience with the free and premium versions for dynasty?  What's the big perk with the premium version? 

Edited by bluefrogguy

4 hours ago, WTP333 said:

something like fantasy rundown? or am i misunderstanding the question?

I'm thinking of a thread that identifies websites that are more about projections and player write ups. razzball is one I mentioned. pitcherlist is another. dynastyguru is another. websites like these that some might not know about, and maybe there are others that I don't know about.

2 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

I'm thinking of a thread that identifies websites that are more about projections and player write ups. razzball is one I mentioned. pitcherlist is another. dynastyguru is another. websites like these that some might not know about, and maybe there are others that I don't know about.

If you go to FantasyRundown it will list these for you.

5 hours ago, SpecialFNK said:

Anyone have any experience, insight, issues, suggestions for Yahoo's online Auction platform. This might be the first year I have to do it online and want to make sure there are no hidden surprises if we can't get everyone in a room to do it live.

I would definitely recommend that everyone join a couple Yahoo mock auctions prior to the real draft, just so people are familiar with the software. If you put the cursor in the text field to manually enter a $ amount (as opposed to just hitting enter to bid the next pre-set increment) some wonky things tend to happen. Like sometimes your bid button freezes etc, so be aware of that.

I've also had issues the past couple years with a couple owners getting disconnected and not being able to log back on. Can't be certain that it was a Yahoo issue, but their internet connection worked fine for other websites at the time. 

Another annoying thing is that once you win a bid and draft a player, Yahoo slots them into whatever starting position is available that fits their eligibility, and you cant move players manually. So its sometimes hard to visualize which positions have been filled and how many bench spots you have remaining because players you draft to be a starter at one position often times get placed in a different position, or even in a bench slot. Have no idea why they don't you let move yout players around during the draft.

• Like 1

After Yahoo was sold they hired a whole new team of programmers for their fantasy sports platform over the last half year.  I have no idea if they started tinkering with anything for baseball season but just this reminder to check out everything for any changes in case they did.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory