Dugout Legend

2019 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo/CBS/Fantrax, etc.

5 hours ago, remark900 said:

Does anyone know on ESPN if I have to keep the players in the lineup today from the suspended ATL/STL game yesterday to get their stats?

I was wondering that myself, but my players I own on those two teams are always in the starting lineup. The only player I see that I wouldn’t want his stats are Jack Flaherty 

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Yahoo has it under re-construction and it works on the Yahoo app.

More like a month.  It worked fine in April and part of May before the re-construction process.  it works fine enough on your app right now.

I want to share images.  Its not letting me to it. Sleeper can

7 hours ago, remark900 said:

Does anyone know on ESPN if I have to keep the players in the lineup today from the suspended ATL/STL game yesterday to get their stats?

I would think the players were locked and you were unable to bench them. Now those players are on everyone's team page and the stats are there. If your playing Roto the stats from the suspended game(from the start of the game until the stoppage of play) have already been recorded into the Roto standing.

I'm going to catch hell for saying this but I'm pretty positive this is how it works. It's similar with games that are complete games where they don't play a full 9 innings.

13 minutes ago, weakkneeswilly said:

I would think the players were locked and you were unable to bench them. Now those players are on everyone's team page and the stats are there. If your playing Roto the stats from the suspended game(from the start of the game until the stoppage of play) have already been recorded into the Roto standing.

I'm going to catch hell for saying this but I'm pretty positive this is how it works. It's similar with games that are complete games where they don't play a full 9 innings.

Games that are not complete and finished as part of a doubleheader. 

4 hours ago, urban2014 said:

I want to share images.  Its not letting me to it. Sleeper can

You can't share images as attachments in emails?

5 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

More like a month.  It worked fine in April and part of May before the re-construction process.  it works fine enough on your app right now.

I do weekly league write-ups that look back on the previous week and preview the coming week. I use Google Docs for that. I used to be able to copy and paste the link in the chat feature. During this temporary chat construction project I can't do that anymore. Whenever I try to post the link I get Message failed to send. Tap to retry.

I can still do it on the message board, and I also post it to our league Facebook group, but the chat is the best of those three media to communicate with league mates. 

11 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

You can't share images as attachments in emails?

I can.  But it used to be 1 click 

2 minutes ago, Cowboys22220 said:

Anyone else not getting credit on yahoo for Hicks save from Thursday’s postponed game that resumed Friday? 

This correction, along with other stat corrections from that game, should be applied on Sunday.  To see them, go to "Stat Corrections" under the players menu of the Yahoo desktop site.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, urban2014 said:

I can.  But it used to be 1 click 

Poor you you have to use two clicks now.   😉

I do weekly league write-ups that look back on the previous week and preview the coming week. I use Google Docs for that. I used to be able to copy and paste the link in the chat feature. During this temporary chat construction project I can't do that anymore. Whenever I try to post the link I get Message failed to send. Tap to retry.

I can still do it on the message board, and I also post it to our league Facebook group, but the chat is the best of those three media to communicate with league mates. 

Well again there is still Yahoo sport email where you can send it as an attachment to everyone in the league with about 2 clicks.

Yes people are all addictive to texting these days but email works perfectly fine too and certainly makes a smooth detour wheel the chat feature is under construction.

Just scroll down the League menu and click Email League.

Personally I don't like Yahoo's sports email because replies never come back over 50% of the time but then I just copy and paste the addys into a regular email of mine.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

On 6/15/2019 at 12:56 PM, The Big Bat Theory said:

Well again there is still Yahoo sport email where you can send it as an attachment to everyone in the league with about 2 clicks.

Yes people are all addictive to texting these days but email works perfectly fine too and certainly makes a smooth detour wheel the chat feature is under construction.

Just scroll down the League menu and click Email League.

Personally I don't like Yahoo's sports email because replies never come back over 50% of the time but then I just copy and paste the addys into a regular email of mine.

Unfortunately not everyone checks their email regularly. On their phones they get notified of chat posts. The chat function is more interactive as well so the league members stay more engaged.

• Thanks 1

Yahoo:

image.png.11701c4ddf191cb7fe34763186c67351.png

Current owners of Brendan McKay (Batter) in Yahoo leagues:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Commissioners of Yahoo leagues who now have to deal with the ensuing bickering about who gets Brendan McKay (Pitcher):

image.png.328d40b5f25f69dc751cb9156b4b975f.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Since McKay is finally getting the Pitcher version added on Tuesday. Does anyone know the exact time he will be added in a non waiver league in yahoo?

Edited by jeffcarroll23

2 hours ago, jeffcarroll23 said:

Since McKay is finally getting the Pitcher version added on Tuesday. Does anyone know the exact time he will be added in a non waiver league in yahoo?

3:47 am

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

so my league...i drafted Ohtani the pitcher back last season and suggested that i should also be able to roster the batter since it's pretty ridiculous what yahoo did...however league caved into yahoo's poor handling of Ohtani...now the commish owns Mckay and he posts a rule prior to the beginning of the season saying that "1) Any future two-way players that are rostered in their NA status as a prospect shall be wholly owned by that team should Yahoo in their "infinite wisdom" continue to split two-way players." ....should i make an argument for myself to be able to roster the Ohtani batter. Commish bumped post of the new rule again this morning to remind the league i assume so that nobody picks up his McKay....this sounds like a load of bs to me.

*sorry if this belongs in the rant feed however it involves Yahoo's settings so i posted it here*

Edited by larfboy

Posted (edited)

Yahoo said McKay (Pitcher) would be placed on Yahoo waivers on Tuesday the 25th which is coming up like tomorrow so just a reminder.

And yeah, larfboy, your commish sucks.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, larfboy said:

so my league...i drafted Ohtani the pitcher back last season and suggested that i should also be able to roster the batter since it's pretty ridiculous what yahoo did...however league caved into yahoo's poor handling of Ohtani...now the commish owns Mckay and he posts a rule prior to the beginning of the season saying that "1) Any future two-way players that are rostered in their NA status as a prospect shall be wholly owned by that team should Yahoo in their "infinite wisdom" continue to split two-way players." ....should i make an argument for myself to be able to roster the Ohtani batter. Commish bumped post of the new rule again this morning to remind the league i assume so that nobody picks up his McKay....this sounds like a load of bs to me.

*sorry if this belongs in the rant feed however it involves Yahoo's settings so i posted it here*

What I would do is send a leaguewide email explaining the commish is a douchebag ... explain what he is doing. Sit back and see what happens. If that doesn’t work no way would I be part of that league in 2020. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, larfboy said:

That is total BS.  I'd go to the league mates on this one and call out the situation.  I'd also put in a claim for McKay, though you could have a later priority so it wouldn't help.  But no way I stay in a league like this.  He'll probably come back with "Yeah, you were right then - but I'm fixing it now".  But he's "fixing it" when he directly benefits from it and did it by edict rather than league vote. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Baseball Jonze said:

That is total BS.  I'd go to the league mates on this one and call out the situation.  I'd also put in a claim for McKay, though you could have a later priority so it wouldn't help.  But no way I stay in a league like this.  He'll probably come back with "Yeah, you were right then - but I'm fixing it now".  But he's "fixing it" when he directly benefits from it and did it by edict rather than league vote. 

yeah i thought about putting in a claim...however the commish has priority 9 and i have 10....and he can just easily add him on with his commish tools if i decided to add him anyway..

i did post on the league board and waiting for other members to reply. waiting to see what they have to say about it. i'd hate to leave this league though..i built up my empire from absolute hot garbage team through the draft...sigh.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, larfboy said:

yeah i thought about putting in a claim...however the commish has priority 9 and i have 10....and he can just easily add him on with his commish tools if i decided to add him anyway..

i did post on the league board and waiting for other members to reply. waiting to see what they have to say about it. i'd hate to leave this league though..i built up my empire from absolute hot garbage team through the draft...sigh.

Wouldn't matter if you had a better seeding anyway.  As commish he can move players out of and into rosters at will manually.

If you love your team you worked hard to build and don't want to leave then you have to suck it up this time.  Suggestions to email other league mates don't make any sense because most people unfortunately won't fight against injustice in society if it doesn't involve them personally let alone in a fantasy baseball league.  It is pretty safe to say at most you will get some private condolences but no one wants to start a war over Yahoo cloned players they don't own.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, larfboy said:

there's not a good answer unless the commish comes to his senses and quits being selfish.

my recommendation to you (and anyone else) is to leave yahoo. it's garbage the way they manage their system. i'm not going to recommend a specific alternative... but pick one, any one, that doesn't do this silly nonsense with duplicate players. while your commish contributed to this issue, this entire situation is a yahoo problem. if you play in a simple redraft, yahoo probably works fine, but anything beyond and its likely creating more issues than it satisfies.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

there's not a good answer unless the commish comes to his senses and quits being selfish.

my recommendation to you (and anyone else) is to leave yahoo. it's garbage the way they manage their system. i'm not going to recommend a specific alternative... but pick one, any one, that doesn't do this silly nonsense with duplicate players. while your commish contributed to this issue, this entire situation is a yahoo problem. if you play in a simple redraft, yahoo probably works fine, but anything beyond and its likely creating more issues than it satisfies.

This is the only issue I have with yahoo, and it's head and shoulders above ESPN for literally everything else. I've heard yahoo might be changing (see: fixing) the Ohtani/McKay situations over the winter.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Wouldn't matter if you had a better seeding anyway.  As commish he can move players out of and into rosters at will manually.

If you love your team you worked hard to build and don't want to leave then you have to suck it up this time.  Suggestions to email other league mates don't make any sense because most people unfortunately won't fight against injustice in society if it doesn't involve them personally let alone in a fantasy baseball league.  It is pretty safe to say at most you will get some private condolences but no one wants to start a war over Yahoo cloned players they don't own.

This type of response just does not cut the mustard in my eyes. Not every league has pansy owners who sit back and let the commish become the one voice. We fight back. Every league I have participated in my leaguemates rallied together and put things to a vote. We would stop this type of bull****. 

• Like 3

ESPN is still a bug-filled mess. Current H2H scores are not consistent across various pages of the site and app. Also, player stats sometimes don't load at all.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

ESPN is still a bug-filled mess. Current H2H scores are not consistent across various pages of the site and app. Also, player stats sometimes don't load at all.

I agree it’s a bug 🐜 filled mess, but at the end of the day what I have noticed the H2H scores are right. I will agree the scores are not consistent during games.