Dugout Legend

2019 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo/CBS/Fantrax, etc.

If a player plays in RF and LF the same game on most platforms is that two outfield games?  Need OF eligibility for a player.

9 minutes ago, B&F said:

If a player plays in RF and LF the same game on most platforms is that two outfield games?  Need OF eligibility for a player.

I would guess that it counts as 1 RF appearance and 1 LF appearance, but not 2 OF appearances. 

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

I agree it’s a bug 🐜 filled mess, but at the end of the day what I have noticed the H2H scores are right. I will agree the scores are not consistent during games. 

Hey I found a great reply right here a page back already that just needed to be "corrected" a little to solve your problem.   😎

my recommendation to you (and anyone else) is to leave yahoo ESPN. it's garbage the way they manage their system. i'm not going to recommend a specific alternative... but pick one, any one, that doesn't do this silly nonsense with duplicate players in game scoring.  this entire situation is a yahoo ESPN problem. if you play in a simple redraft, yahoo ESPN probably works fine, but anything beyond and its likely creating more issues than it satisfies. 

1 hour ago, B&F said:

No.  No platform, not even buggy ESPN, will be fooled into doing something that crazy.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, B&F said:

On yahoo, you would get an appearance at both. It's 10 appearances or 5 starts to gain eligibility at a position. 

5 minutes ago, Hanghow said:

On yahoo, you would get an appearance at both. It's 10 appearances or 5 starts to gain eligibility at a position. 

Was thinking for OF eligibility they add appearances for all thee OF spots.  Was asking about Fantrax specifically.

39 minutes ago, Hanghow said:

Actually he would get a "start" at one of the positions and an "appearance" at the other on Yahoo since they have those 2 categories.  Not 2 "appearances". 

If Fantrax has thsoe two categories too -- starts and appearances -- and the player started the game in one of those outfield positions it should work the same as Yahoo above.  If it is just plain appearance it will be interesting to see how their software handles it.  Please let us know.

6 hours ago, osb_tensor said:

there's not a good answer unless the commish comes to his senses and quits being selfish.

my recommendation to you (and anyone else) is to leave yahoo. it's garbage the way they manage their system. i'm not going to recommend a specific alternative... but pick one, any one, that doesn't do this silly nonsense with duplicate players. while your commish contributed to this issue, this entire situation is a yahoo problem. if you play in a simple redraft, yahoo probably works fine, but anything beyond and its likely creating more issues than it satisfies.

yes at the root of it all...this is a Yahoo problem that they continue to refuse to correct. That's why i decided to rant on it here rather than the rant forums. i made the suggestion to the commish about implementing this same exact rule prior to the Ohtani draft and nobody thought it was a good idea back then..this is the main reason this is so frustrating..however this is a lost cause and my only hope remains in Yahoo coming to their senses and merging the two Ohtanis/McKays into a single player...

6 hours ago, smeeze said:

This is the only issue I have with yahoo, and it's head and shoulders above ESPN for literally everything else. I've heard yahoo might be changing (see: fixing) the Ohtani/McKay situations over the winter.

my only hope..

1 hour ago, larfboy said:

yes at the root of it all...this is a Yahoo problem that they continue to refuse to correct. That's why i decided to rant on it here rather than the rant forums. i made the suggestion to the commish about implementing this same exact rule prior to the Ohtani draft and nobody thought it was a good idea back then..this is the main reason this is so frustrating..however this is a lost cause and my only hope remains in Yahoo coming to their senses and merging the two Ohtanis/McKays into a single player...

my only hope..

So let me get this straight. Your league has two different rules for Ohtani and McKay?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Actually he would get a "start" at one of the positions and an "appearance" at the other on Yahoo since they have those 2 categories.  Not 2 "appearances". 

If Fantrax has thsoe two categories too -- starts and appearances -- and the player started the game in one of those outfield positions it should work the same as Yahoo above.  If it is just plain appearance it will be interesting to see how their software handles it.  Please let us know.

I could be wrong but I believe when a player gets a "start" at a position they also get an "appearance" as well. e.g. you can't have a start without getting an appearance, but you can have an appearance without having a start.

• Like 1

Fantrax rules:

Games needed from current season for a player to qualify at a hitting position: 10

FWIW, those are the default Fantrax settings -- commissioners can override them.

1 hour ago, duke of queens said:

So let me get this straight. Your league has two different rules for Ohtani and McKay?

hah pretty much...and that's what im trying to bring to light however everyone in this league are blind or dont really care...cause there are only 2 players currently affected...

I suggested prior to Ohtani draft that I should be allowed to get both hitter and pitcher but league thought that wasn't fair....fine whatever...

fast forward to Mckay and this bs happens? Commish suddenly realizes that there may be future 2 way players (his mckay being one of them) so he makes this 'new' rule that i proposed prior to Ohtani draft...and now this is suddenly fair. 

to bring it back to relevance to this forum topic...Yahoo sucks.

9 hours ago, smeeze said:

I've heard yahoo might be changing (see: fixing) the Ohtani/McKay situations over the winter.

You can’t believe that? How will they determine who owns the one player? 

That would cause more headaches for staff at yahoo and anybody who plays in keepers or dynasty leagues. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

That would cause more headaches for staff at yahoo and anybody who plays in keepers or dynasty leagues. 

Any yahoo keeper league that doesn't have a contingency plan for them changing it is going to have a rude awakening at some point. I'd venture virtually all redraft leagues and probably most keeper leagues want it changed. 

4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

No idea how it would affect dynasty leagues. Commissioners of dynasty leagues could theoretically have the option to continue with the hitter & pitcher versions of Ohtani/McKay or adopt the new format with single players with dual eligibilities, owners could vote how to proceed.That’s one solution off the top of my head.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, smeeze said:

I could be wrong but I believe when a player gets a "start" at a position they also get an "appearance" as well. e.g. you can't have a start without getting an appearance, but you can have an appearance without having a start.

Nope.  Definitely have monitored this enough to know an appearance is an in game change only on Yahoo.  No double dipping that way.  But the player CAN get an "appearance" at a different position than the one he began the game at if he shifts to that position during the game.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1

Just now, The Big Bat Theory said:

Nope.  Definitely have monitored this enough to know an appearance is an in game change only on Yahoo.  No double dipping that way.  But the player CAN get an "appearance" at a different position than the one he began the game at if he shifts to that position during the game.

I stand corrected.

11 minutes ago, smeeze said:

No idea how it would affect dynasty leagues. Commissioners of dynasty leagues could theoretically have the option to continue with the hitter & pitcher versions of Ohtani/McKay or adopt the new format with single players with dual eligibilities, owners could vote how to proceed.That’s one solution off the top of my head.

Huh? 

No way can I picture yahoo having two options as you suggest, it just doesn’t compute since they couldn’t get it right the first time. 

3 hours ago, larfboy said:

my only hope..

Typical. People dont reply in OFF Season or just say stuff is a bad idea without thinking about it......until mid season and it happens to them. Those type are my least favorite 

44 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Huh? 

No way can I picture yahoo having two options as you suggest, it just doesn’t compute since they couldn’t get it right the first time. 

It’s just a suggestion as to how they could proceed if they wanted to implement it. From what I understand, the decision to split the players was done under a previous group at yahoo, and it appears the new group would prefer to actually get it right as opposed to cutting corners. Just an idea.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, smeeze said:

It’s just a suggestion as to how they could proceed if they wanted to implement it. From what I understand, the decision to split the players was done under a previous group at yahoo, and it appears the new group would prefer to actually get it right as opposed to cutting corners. Just an idea.

Where did you hear this? I mean...they had the chance to fix it with McKay so just curious to see where you heard this. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, larfboy said:

Where did you hear this? I mean...they had the chance to fix it with McKay so just curious to see where you heard this. 

I honestly don’t remember. Probably somewhere on these forums. Likely the McKay thread in the MiLB forum.

5 hours ago, larfboy said:

hah pretty much...and that's what im trying to bring to light however everyone in this league are blind or dont really care...cause there are only 2 players currently affected...

I suggested prior to Ohtani draft that I should be allowed to get both hitter and pitcher but league thought that wasn't fair....fine whatever...

fast forward to Mckay and this bs happens? Commish suddenly realizes that there may be future 2 way players (his mckay being one of them) so he makes this 'new' rule that i proposed prior to Ohtani draft...and now this is suddenly fair. 

to bring it back to relevance to this forum topic...Yahoo sucks.

Any league that allows rule changes during the season like this is not a league anyone should want to be apart of.

[ Let's drop the derail about a specific league situation and get things back to more generally applicable platform discussion. ]