Dugout Legend

2019 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo/CBS/Fantrax, etc.

2 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

After Yahoo was sold they hired a whole new team of programmers for their fantasy sports platform over the last half year.  I have no idea if they started tinkering with anything for baseball season but just this reminder to check out everything for any changes in case they did.

They arent making Ohtani one player so they already failed.

3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

After Yahoo was sold they hired a whole new team of programmers for their fantasy sports platform over the last half year.  I have no idea if they started tinkering with anything for baseball season but just this reminder to check out everything for any changes in case they did.

Is yahoo baseball open? 

45 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

They arent making Ohtani one player so they already failed.

HAHAHAHAHHAHA

Even lazy unchanging ESPN could do this in like a week. Too expensive.

2 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

HAHAHAHAHHAHA

Even lazy unchanging ESPN could do this in like a week. Too expensive.

However, I'd rather deal with the 2 Ohtanis than have to use the new ESPN interface and no minor league slots. Already moving my basketball league back to Yahoo. Its brutal.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

However, I'd rather deal with the 2 Ohtanis than have to use the new ESPN interface and no minor league slots. Already moving my basketball league back to Yahoo. Its brutal.

Isn’t the ESPN interface like yahoo’s? 

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Isn’t the ESPN interface like yahoo’s? 

Worse and I am not a fan of Yahoos either. Not enough UAT by these sites. And when you point out systematic bugs they just ignore you. 

Have a question on 2019 ESPN baseball I was hoping someone could clarify for me. I'm establishing settings in a head-to-head league and am unsure how to interpret the Games Played Limit for starting pitchers. In the past, I believe ESPN always used a weekly start limit for H2H, but now it looks like the only option is a yearly limit. Am I reading this right? I'd hate to establish a setting of 200 and then find out the managers in my league can have 200 starts a week... :-)

Edited by Ghostpig
Clarification

1 hour ago, Ghostpig said:

Have a question on 2019 ESPN baseball I was hoping someone could clarify for me. I'm establishing settings in a head-to-head league and am unsure how to interpret the Games Played Limit for starting pitchers. In the past, I believe ESPN always used a weekly start limit for H2H, but now it looks like the only option is a yearly limit. Am I reading this right? I'd hate to establish a setting of 200 and then find out the managers in my league can have 200 starts a week... :-)

In my "test" ESPN league so I can see projections, I'm only seeing an option for weekly moves limit. 

any one know anything about a website called flea-flicker

they say you can import your ESPN league/settings/history with one click

Are they new? has anyone ever used it before?

12 minutes ago, calcalkid said:

any one know anything about a website called flea-flicker

they say you can import your ESPN league/settings/history with one click

Are they new? has anyone ever used it before?

The last 4 years I have had a baseball team on fleaflicker . Reddit has multi tier thing with like 100 owners broken down into 6/7 leagues. It is called sultan of swats . I first used flea flicker for football in 2007. 

* importing history to fleaflicker I wouldn’t  think is possible. But honestly I have no clue on that 

Link ... maybe you can see it . Let me know if that helps

https://www.fleaflicker.com/mlb/leagues/20122?season=2018

Edited by shakestreet

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

The last 4 years I have had a baseball team on fleaflicker . Reddit has multi tier thing with like 100 owners broken down into 6/7 leagues. It is called sultan of swats . I first used flea flicker for football in 2007. 

* importing history to fleaflicker I wouldn’t  think is possible. But honestly I have no clue on that 

Link ... maybe you can see it . Let me know if that helps

https://www.fleaflicker.com/mlb/leagues/20122?season=2018

Hey Gary, old pal...

How do you like the new ESPN? 

• Sad 1

Rumor has it that CBS is now accepting new leagues, can anyone confirm ?

Fantrax Premium is nice, but expensive.  They waived my fee for this first year but then kind of blindsided me telling me it was annual fee when they led me to believe it was a one-time fee.  So be careful if they offer you "free" premium because there's a catch to it.

1 hour ago, MJDrocks said:

Fantrax Premium is nice, but expensive.  They waived my fee for this first year but then kind of blindsided me telling me it was annual fee when they led me to believe it was a one-time fee.  So be careful if they offer you "free" premium because there's a catch to it.

Hey how are you? Hope things are ok. What is your opinion of the new ESPN.? I hate it. 

I used fantrax once about two years ago. Didn’t like the experience. 

Hey Shake, I'm good and you?  I don't like the new ESPN either for similar reasons as people have already said on here.  It's slow, clunky and not very user friendly.  I'm strongly considering moving completely off the site in the near future.  Fantrax Premium is pretty nice to me but it is also fairly pricey too.

small vent

why do people sign up for these fantrax mocks and not show up??

26 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

small vent

Imo mock drafts are pretty pointless outside of learning what players are very low in that platforms default list (which you don't need a mock draft to do) I use to do tons of mock drafts. It's fun if you're bored, but you're better off reading articles or doing research and adjusting your personal ranks.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Imo mock drafts are pretty pointless outside of learning what players are very low in that platforms default list (which you don't need a mock draft to do) I use to do tons of mock drafts. It's fun if you're bored, but you're better off reading articles or doing research and adjusting your personal ranks.

ya i am just bored lol

im doing one on ESPN, and i agree....i just got Acuna in the mid 2nd, thats not gonna happen in a competitive league

41 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

ya i am just bored lol

im doing one on ESPN, and i agree....i just got Acuna in the mid 2nd, thats not gonna happen in a competitive league

Not say you are new to fantasy baseball at all, because I know youve posted here for a while. But when I personally was new to fantasy baseball, I would do a bunch of mock drafts before my home ESPN league and my teams were never remotely as good as they were in a mock (and this as in my home league that's not even amazing competition compared to leagues Im in now).  I just lost interest in doing them. I was never bad at fantasy baseball, but I certainly got better when I used my time for learning about players and statistics rather than half empty mocks.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Not say you are new to fantasy baseball at all, because I know youve posted here for a while. But when I personally was new to fantasy baseball, I would do a bunch of mock drafts before my home ESPN league and my teams were never remotely as good as they were in a mock (and this as in my home league that's not even amazing competition compared to leagues Im in now).  I just lost interest in doing them. I was never bad at fantasy baseball, but I certainly got better when I used my time for learning about players and statistics rather than half empty mocks.

oh yea, the best mocks are probably the rotoworld ones.

and ya,i do them for fun/boredom and i take them with a grain of salt

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

oh yea, the best mocks are probably the rotoworld ones.

and ya,i do them for fun/boredom and i take them with a grain of salt

The RWs are certainly fun. I forgot who I drafted for the most part already. 

14 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

small vent

Guilty as charged. I signed up for one the other night but left the page where the draft was to look at some preview article as I waited and I couldn't figure out how to get in. The mock draft page kept saying error. Probably user error, but I felt bad signing up and not being able to draft.

Just now, bluefrogguy said:

Guilty as charged. I signed up for one the other night but left the page where the draft was to look at some preview article as I waited and I couldn't figure out how to get in. The mock draft page kept saying error. Probably user error, but I felt bad signing up and not being able to draft.

dude, same thing happened to me! lmao

i did 2 mocks on espn last night, much better to be honest

ESPN question- Starting an AL only league this year. If, say, I have Trout and he's traded from the AL to the NL, and we want league settings to allow me to keep him through the rest of the season and still accumulate points. Is that possible by toggling the "Allow out of Universe Stats and Trades" option in league settings? They don't have very good documentation anymore after the new update