Sign in to follow this  
Balbs

Juancho Hernangomez 2018-19 Season Outlook

he is far better than craig imo and he should get his minutes. he could start actually even when barton is healthy. cause barton should remain as the energy off the bench.

The only problem with the Nuggets fantasy wise is that there are too many mouths to feed. This is why I can't fault Malone for Murray's move to the bench for a more balanced shot distribution unlike the moves he's done before with Jokic. Juancho is certainly talented but it is capped with Barton's eventual return. It would be like playing whack-a-mole with him for the meantime in guessing when he'll contribute.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, travelingpiano said:

very nice game today...though is that largely due to Murray not starting?

Also the Hawks are terrible. 

True, but if you're in a deep league, it's difficult to leave a guy whose been getting 33 MPG over his last 3 games on the wire...

The points, rebounds, and 3s are nice. Does he have the ability to get more stocks? He hustles a lot so I thought Id see more of those. Great for deep league punt assist build it seems especially if stocks bump up a bit

He's had 2 back-to-back good games including today, 17/8 in the 3rd quarter so far. Thoughts?

If its real Barton will shatter his value in a couple weeks but until then ride the hot streak. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chud12 said:

If its real Barton will shatter his value in a couple weeks but until then ride the hot streak. 

I wouldn't be surprised if barton goes back to 6th man when he returns if the nuggets start winning before he returns. They need to sort the Morris/Murray thing too. But I can see barton going back to what he did so well for them off the bench in the past. 

4 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if barton goes back to 6th man when he returns if the nuggets start winning before he returns. They need to sort the Morris/Murray thing too. But I can see barton going back to what he did so well for them off the bench in the past. 

Barton signed his contract based off the guarantee he would start so that won’t be happening. 

Barton's still out for a few weeks, so hopefully he can produce while he's out.

Barton is due back in a week or two based on the timetable. I like Juancho but given the depth on that team and Barton likely unseating him, I think the classic RW line applies here.."feel free to pick him up as long as you won't miss whatever you're dropping."

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Barton signed his contract based off the guarantee he would start so that won’t be happening. 

I get your point, but the reality is that the contract says nothing about starting. Starting isn't guaranteed. Injuries happen and things change. Barton is going to get paid the amount of his contract and that is the only thing guaranteed. No franchise is going to limit their potential to appease a player like Will Barton. If Malone benched Murray he isn't going to hesitate to bench Barton. Obviously this is just my opinion, but Barton doesn't hold anywhere close to that leverage. Again, I have no idea how it shakes out, but it wouldn't surprise me either way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, thezing1 said:

I get your point, but the reality is that the contract says nothing about starting. Starting isn't guaranteed. Injuries happen and things change. Barton is going to get paid the amount of his contract and that is the only thing guaranteed. No franchise is going to limit their potential to appease a player like Will Barton. If Malone benched Murray he isn't going to hesitate to bench Barton. Obviously this is just my opinion, but Barton doesn't hold anywhere close to that leverage. Again, I have no idea how it shakes out, but it wouldn't surprise me either way. 

Your jumping to a real strong conclusion here based off of what 2 solid games from Juancho?? It’s been a revolving door at the 3 ever since Barton went down for a full month plus already.  Can Juancho play well for two weeks before we start saying Barton won’t get his starting job back so at least a good sample is established? Remember last year when Milsap went down and Lyles was rolling for a good 2-3 months? Well Milsap came back and got his starting job back anyway. Again I just don’t see it. I’m guessing you own Juancho so your dreaming big here but the reality is it’s really far fetched. 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 2

So many very talented mouths to feed in Denver, are we sure this isn't a sell high moment?

Edited by EmbiidGOAT

Dont forget IT. Last year Harris played more minutes as SF. Murray is more a SG. So IT starting at PG. And Barton 6th man. The most likely scenario.