Dugout Legend

Gregory Polanco 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, lehighterp said:

Thank you very much! I hope you're right! 🙂

They come back to PNC from a road stand stand on Friday. Would not surprise me to see him there Friday 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lehighterp said:

Thank you very much! I hope you're right! 🙂

again... don't expect him to contribute right away.  He'll likely be rusty and will probably take time for that power to build up.  If you have him, he should be a project, not the savior of your team.

12 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

again... don't expect him to contribute right away.  He'll likely be rusty and will probably take time for that power to build up.  If you have him, he should be a project, not the savior of your team.

He doesn't need to be a savior, however, he needs to be a contributor! 😂

I imagine they will keep him down until he goes yard

Excited to get this guy off my IL. I think the power numbers will be low until post all star break, but the steals will be there. 

2 hours ago, Redsfan34 said:

Excited to get this guy off my IL. I think the power numbers will be low until post all star break, but the steals will be there. 

I'd temper the steal expectations. No longer sliding head first, so might be a deterrent 

26 minutes ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

I'd temper the steal expectations. No longer sliding head first, so might be a deterrent 

Will he use outstretched arms at least? Seems safer than leading with the face.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Will he use outstretched arms at least? Seems safer than leading with the face.

Just an educated guess, but I'd think no. Assuming the majority of those slides would be to the outside of the bag, that means the left arm which is the shoulder he had operated on

4 hours ago, Redsfan34 said:

Post asb? That long you think?  Is this what conforto went through?  He had a period last year where he was crushing the ball.  I think it DID take about 2 months for him to get to that level.  

12 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Post asb? That long you think?  Is this what conforto went through?  He had a period last year where he was crushing the ball.  I think it DID take about 2 months for him to get to that level.  

Yeah with shoulder injuries it definitely takes a little bit to get that power back. I was actually thinking exactly about Conforto’s situation last year when posting that. 

• Like 1

Anyone who added him still a believer? I know long lay off and only been back a week. Has anyone watched him this week, how has he looked.

2 hours ago, wahoos1 said:

Anyone who added him still a believer? I know long lay off and only been back a week. Has anyone watched him this week, how has he looked.

He's still catching up. He wasn't hitting well in his rehab assignments either, feels like he may have been rushed back simply bc the Bucs couldn't score for such a long stretch. 

IMO, bench stash for now if you can afford the roster spot. 

I think he becomes really good in about 3-4 weeks-similar to Conforto last year.  All depends on if you can stash while he builds himself back up.

• Like 1

He's talented, but irritating to own because he's more fragile than most players. Right now the team has him not playing three consecutive games from him coming off shoulder surgery, which makes sense but it seems like just when he gets going, he gets injured again. That's been my experience as a GP owner anyways .... love the talent, but in daily leagues he's the opposite of a "set it and forget it" player.

• Like 1

What do we do about young Gregory? I'm sure we can all agree he's been a blackhole since he's been back.

No homers and no steals - and i'm not sure how much he'll be stealing in the majors with only being able to slide feet first due to his shoulder. 

Thoughts?

I am waiting till around June 1 to see how hes playing. This injury lends itself to taking awhile of getting back to speed like Conforto last year. 

My crystal ball says he gets it going this week. Lines up against 6 righties ranging from decent to awful.

As long as the rain doesn't interfere with the schedule....

16 hours ago, PersonUnderTheStair said:

What do we do about young Gregory? I'm sure we can all agree he's been a blackhole since he's been back.

No homers and no steals - and i'm not sure how much he'll be stealing in the majors with only being able to slide feet first due to his shoulder. 

Thoughts?

Just got dropped in my main league, gonna try to watch a few Pirate games this week and see what the eyes say...