Sign in to follow this  
Dirty Little Birdie

David Nwaba 2018-2019 Season Outlook

From what I remember, his blocks and defense are for real. 6’-4” with a 6’-11”? Wingspan.

He will shine in Cleveland.

Possibly. Not to mention Cavs' current situation with all these injuries and s---.

8 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Get this guy now. He's going to be a very trendy ww pick up within the next week. JR Smith is gone. Fire this dude up!

Was JR Smith in the way of his playing time?  Asking b/c I don't watch the dumpster fire that is the Cavs

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Just saw Nwaba will be starting instead of Nance Jr.

Time to cut Nance and grab Nwaba?

I would still hold onto Nance for the time being.

He has too much upside to drop.

• Like 1

Data is incomplete this season, so we have no idea what the Cavs will do as an organization. In true tank mode, Nwaba can play a key role.

I love Nwaba since his stint on the Lakers. He carves out a role with pure hustle wherever he goes. He isn't much of a shooter, but very good at defense. We are talking potentially elite steals if he gets minutes. 

Now you look over the Cavs guard/wing positions, and see some dead wood. I'm not saying there are any guarantees, but I do like the odds.

One last thing. I read that Sexton has been helped since Nwaba was inserted into the starting 5, as Nwaba guards the opposing team's best player. He guarded LeBron, in a game they lost that was closer than it should have been. Then Jimmy Butler, in a win, then Harden, in another win.

If he makes Sexton look good, they have good incentive to keep running Nwaba out there with him.

• Like 1

Definitely keeping an eye on him for now but with Hill coming back, not sure if he will be playing heavy minutes like that

On 2/4/2019 at 6:39 AM, tekashi26ix said:

Nwaba may have mins in his favor now that hood is gone, if they deal burks he can be looking at 30+ anybody adding?

I added him. No Burks, no Hood, no Stauskas, Knight probably not a factor...

On 2/5/2019 at 3:39 AM, tekashi26ix said:

Nwaba may have mins in his favor now that hood is gone, if they deal burks he can be looking at 30+ anybody adding?

I have one move left after picking up Parker so I'll probably be holding out to see other trades going down first. I don't think anyone in my league knows who he is but he's one to two big games away from being a hot pickup

Nice game last night.

The Rotoworld blurb geniuses seem very confused about what to make of Nwaba:

Feb 5: “…with per-36 minute averages of 13.7 points, 6.2 rebounds, 1.6 assists, 1.4 steals, 0.7 blocks and 0.9 triples he could be on the deep-league radar after the deadline.”

Feb 8: “…with averages of just 6.1 points, 3.3 rebounds, 1.1 assists and not much else on 34% shooting as a starter this season, we wouldn’t get too excited about tonight's stat line against one of the worst defensive teams in the league.”

Anyway, I like him. Plays hard (and is playing for a contract), lots of opportunity, can play 2, 3, and 4 [Nov 2018: "I'm not used to playing the 4 position, but I don't think I have a problem as far as playing the position," Nwaba said. "I go over the plays every day before practice as well. I think it's being confident and just playing basketball."].

5 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

is 30+ mpg possible ros?

Idk man. Osman didn't play yesterday, but the Cavs got rid or Burks and Hood, so maybe? I ate Clarkson and the other guy will get more mins too.

Tonight is his last chance to show what he can do. Might even drop him mid game. Some good gambles on the wire rn, can't afford to see if this dude puts up numbers by brute force (high minutes).

Favorable matchup against the Knicks, I think he gets a typical Nwaba line of something like 12/8 with two steals and a block, maybe a 3 if we're lucky.