lobsterback

2019 "Deep" Sleepers

Recommended Posts

Again I think Nunez should be owned in deeper prospect leagues. He seems like a great dice roll, but nothing is compelling me to must own in  shallower. What pick overall should be be in FYPD?

 

I agree what 60 FV on game power is intriguing, but still a lot of guys that have that seem like busts or long shots to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have him in the 16-25 range.  Someone I'm interested in owning but not going out of my way to get.  Looks to be limited athletically so those 1B/DH types always take in hit in rankings.  Still, very intriguing nonetheless.  Those numbers are too hard to ignore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Austin Listi. I think he’s lower down bc he’s a meh fielder. I saw him in the AFL and he barreled up everything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Magoo said:

Austin Listi. I think he’s lower down bc he’s a meh fielder. I saw him in the AFL and he barreled up everything. 

Any other guys you saw that left you impressed (whether known or relatively unknown prospects)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

Any other guys you saw that left you impressed (whether known or relatively unknown prospects)?

Cole Tucker was really impressive. Hit the ball seemingly where he wanted to always beating shifts.

 

Yu Chang has some easy pop. Could see .270 20 HR with full time job.

 

Ryan Blewett was solid every time he pitched.

 

He’s pretty well known but Dalbec has really made strides in the powe department. Pulled a 440 fly ball just foul off of Whitley.

 

Pavin Smith is going to be very good quickly. Most advanced approach of any guy I saw. 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Again I think Nunez should be owned in deeper prospect leagues. He seems like a great dice roll, but nothing is compelling me to must own in  shallower. What pick overall should be be in FYPD?

 

I agree what 60 FV on game power is intriguing, but still a lot of guys that have that seem like busts or long shots to me.

In my league's offseason draft of J2 signees plus previously unowned minor leaguers (basically 2018 breakouts) Nunez went behind Orelvis and Noelvi. Draftees from the June Amateur Draft were already drafted, so this is not a FYPD. I think you would advocate that Nunez should have gone just after Luciano? 

 

1. NYM - Luis Patino, P, SD
2. HOU - Victor Victor Mesa, OF, MIA
3. TB - Josh James, P, HOU
4. SFG - Brayan Rocchio, SS, CLE
5. LAD - Marco Luciano, SS, SF
6. MIN - Colin Poche, P, TB
7. MIL - Orelvis Martinez, SS, TOR
8. BAL - Noelvi Marte, SS, SEA
9. ATL via NYY - Malcom Nunez, 3B, STL
10. TOR - Cavan Biggio, IF/OF, TOR
11. CIN - Tony Gonsolin, P, LAD
12. PHI - Richard Gallardo, P, CHC
13. SD - Jordan Balazovic, P, MIN
14. COL - Kevin Alcantara, OF, NYY
15. TEX - Diego Cartaya, C, LAD
16. DET - Junior Sanquintin, SS, CLE
17. CHW - Misael Urbina, OF, MIN
18. ATL via PIT - Deivi Garcia, P, NYY
19. WAS - Julio Pablo Martinez, OF, TEX 
20. SEA - Mike King, P, NYY
21. CLE - Francisco Alvarez, C, NYM
22. CHC - Jhon Torres, OF, STL
23. ATL - Osiel Rodriguez, P, NYY
24. BOS - Antoni Flores, SS, BOS

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Absolute steam on whoever got deivi @lobsterback

Agreed. Funny enough the same team that nabbed Nunez. In our league ATL is no prospect slouch. I'm pretty proud of my Jhon Torres pick at 22nd overall too

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lobsterback said:

Agreed. Funny enough the same team that nabbed Nunez. In our league ATL is no prospect slouch. I'm pretty proud of my Jhon Torres pick at 22nd overall too

 

I'm not a big JPM fan but seems like good value. Diego Cartya is like 16. He's maybe a s---y catcher in like 7 years. Torres pick is also pretty great value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2018 at 6:19 AM, lobsterback said:

In my league's offseason draft of J2 signees plus previously unowned minor leaguers (basically 2018 breakouts) Nunez went behind Orelvis and Noelvi. Draftees from the June Amateur Draft were already drafted, so this is not a FYPD. I think you would advocate that Nunez should have gone just after Luciano? 

 

1. NYM - Luis Patino, P, SD
2. HOU - Victor Victor Mesa, OF, MIA
3. TB - Josh James, P, HOU
4. SFG - Brayan Rocchio, SS, CLE
5. LAD - Marco Luciano, SS, SF
6. MIN - Colin Poche, P, TB
7. MIL - Orelvis Martinez, SS, TOR
8. BAL - Noelvi Marte, SS, SEA
9. ATL via NYY - Malcom Nunez, 3B, STL
10. TOR - Cavan Biggio, IF/OF, TOR
11. CIN - Tony Gonsolin, P, LAD
12. PHI - Richard Gallardo, P, CHC
13. SD - Jordan Balazovic, P, MIN
14. COL - Kevin Alcantara, OF, NYY
15. TEX - Diego Cartaya, C, LAD
16. DET - Junior Sanquintin, SS, CLE
17. CHW - Misael Urbina, OF, MIN
18. ATL via PIT - Deivi Garcia, P, NYY
19. WAS - Julio Pablo Martinez, OF, TEX 
20. SEA - Mike King, P, NYY
21. CLE - Francisco Alvarez, C, NYM
22. CHC - Jhon Torres, OF, STL
23. ATL - Osiel Rodriguez, P, NYY
24. BOS - Antoni Flores, SS, BOS

 

Where'd Antonio Cabello go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

 

Where'd Antonio Cabello go?

Already owned, I believe he was a 2017 J2 signee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, lobsterback said:

Already owned, I believe he was a 2017 J2 signee

 

Yeah 2017 signee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:00 AM, brockpapersizer said:

Absolute steam on whoever got deivi @lobsterback

 

I would have taken Garcia 4th (and possibly 3rd) with those guys on the list,  behind James, Patino, and Victor Victor.  What a steal indeed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheTruth024 said:

 

I would have taken Garcia 4th (and possibly 3rd) with those guys on the list,  behind James, Patino, and Victor Victor.  What a steal indeed

 

I think I might agree with you here, either way very close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎19 at 10:36 PM, lobsterback said:

This one is going to bring back the Casey Golden haters, but check out the Blue Jays 10th rd pick Cal Stevenson's rookie ball stat line: 29.9% walk rate, 11.1% K rate, all while racking up a triple slash of .369/.511/.523 with 21 steals and was only caught stealing once! 22 years old, a lefty bat that likely profiles in a corner spot, Stevenson again probably doesn't have an everyday regular ceiling at the moment but us deep dynasty players have to pay attention to the statline so far.

 

Again 2080 has great open-faced video of his swing from this summer. Looks like his hands are pretty noisy during the set up, and he is definitely out on his front leg when he makes contact in the last at bat of the video. All you more qualified swing mechanic gurus please share your thoughts! 

 

 

I was looking at him and came across this article...to your point

 

https://www.faketeams.com/2018/12/23/18153749/diamond-in-the-rough

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2018 at 7:19 AM, lobsterback said:

In my league's offseason draft of J2 signees plus previously unowned minor leaguers (basically 2018 breakouts) Nunez went behind Orelvis and Noelvi. Draftees from the June Amateur Draft were already drafted, so this is not a FYPD. I think you would advocate that Nunez should have gone just after Luciano? 

 

1. NYM - Luis Patino, P, SD
2. HOU - Victor Victor Mesa, OF, MIA
3. TB - Josh James, P, HOU
4. SFG - Brayan Rocchio, SS, CLE
5. LAD - Marco Luciano, SS, SF
6. MIN - Colin Poche, P, TB
7. MIL - Orelvis Martinez, SS, TOR
8. BAL - Noelvi Marte, SS, SEA
9. ATL via NYY - Malcom Nunez, 3B, STL
10. TOR - Cavan Biggio, IF/OF, TOR
11. CIN - Tony Gonsolin, P, LAD
12. PHI - Richard Gallardo, P, CHC
13. SD - Jordan Balazovic, P, MIN
14. COL - Kevin Alcantara, OF, NYY
15. TEX - Diego Cartaya, C, LAD
16. DET - Junior Sanquintin, SS, CLE
17. CHW - Misael Urbina, OF, MIN
18. ATL via PIT - Deivi Garcia, P, NYY
19. WAS - Julio Pablo Martinez, OF, TEX 
20. SEA - Mike King, P, NYY
21. CLE - Francisco Alvarez, C, NYM
22. CHC - Jhon Torres, OF, STL
23. ATL - Osiel Rodriguez, P, NYY
24. BOS - Antoni Flores, SS, BOS

 

 

Poche is interesting to me. He doesn't look like he has overpowering stuff, but good lord he makes a ton of hitters look like idiots. His stat line from his minors is incredible. There is a good Utube video from the hitters perspective of him pitching. The way he comes through his delivery really makes for difficulty in picking up the ball, it's out his hand and on the plate all at once. He operates in the 92mpg range, but gets swings and misses like he's 5 mph faster. He has workable secondary offering as well. I am not sold on him quite yet as a closer, but he is a LEGIT guy who could follow the Hader model of relief pitching, in that he could grab some saves, but mainly will setup and possible pitch multiple innings ala Hadar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At risk of stirring up the hornet's nest I'll leave this snippet from last week's Longenhagen chat. Certainly doesn't give us any more confidence in Golden's question marks (basically everything BUT the power) but knowing that Longenhagen replied "yes" to him being a "legit prospect" (whatever that means) gives me some comfort that I didn't waste the last pick in my SUPER deep dynasty draft. Over 1400 prospects owned, so let's not get carried away. 

 

Matt w: Is Colorado OF Casey Golden on anybodies radar as being a legit prospect?
 
Eric A Longenhagen: Yes, the power is real

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lobsterback said:

At risk of stirring up the hornet's nest I'll leave this snippet from last week's Longenhagen chat. Certainly doesn't give us any more confidence in Golden's question marks (basically everything BUT the power) but knowing that Longenhagen replied "yes" to him being a "legit prospect" (whatever that means) gives me some comfort that I didn't waste the last pick in my SUPER deep dynasty draft. Over 1400 prospects owned, so let's not get carried away. 

 

Matt w: Is Colorado OF Casey Golden on anybodies radar as being a legit prospect?
 
Eric A Longenhagen: Yes, the power is real

 

I saw that snippet and thought of this thread 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

 

I saw that snippet and thought of this thread 

For the record my name is NOT Matt w

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2018 at 2:34 PM, kwolf68 said:

 

 

Poche is interesting to me. He doesn't look like he has overpowering stuff, but good lord he makes a ton of hitters look like idiots. His stat line from his minors is incredible. There is a good Utube video from the hitters perspective of him pitching. The way he comes through his delivery really makes for difficulty in picking up the ball, it's out his hand and on the plate all at once. He operates in the 92mpg range, but gets swings and misses like he's 5 mph faster. He has workable secondary offering as well. I am not sold on him quite yet as a closer, but he is a LEGIT guy who could follow the Hader model of relief pitching, in that he could grab some saves, but mainly will setup and possible pitch multiple innings ala Hadar. 

Poche gets swings and misses like he throws 10-15 mph faster. He is just off the charts. I believe the Rays are considering using him as an opener and not in the back half of their bullpen. His stat line is just absurd. I am guessing a negative FIP is the same rarity as an inverted yield curve. Just don't see it all that often. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sherten Apostel (3B: Signed by Pirates in 2015, traded in Kela deal to Texas)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oswald737 said:

Sherten Apostel (3B: Signed by Pirates in 2015, traded in Kela deal to Texas)

 

Getting a lot of buzz in the industry thanks to the ProspectsLive guys. Big power upside, has earned his now-consensus top 150-200 ranking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, lobsterback said:

Getting a lot of buzz in the industry thanks to the ProspectsLive guys. Big power upside, has earned his now-consensus top 150-200 ranking

 

Yeah, I watched several of the videos over at 2080 and the over time progression is impressive. Struggled badly with breaking balls early, but not as much anymore. He still can safely add 15-20 lbs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has been an informative and well reasoned thread. Maybe this isn't deep enough, but does anyone see a #4 type ceiling with Spencer Turnbull of Det? I am deciding if I ought to protect him in my deep league. He's obv an older guy but his proximity might make him usable for the minimum price where pitching is scarce...or am I just dreaming?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:19 AM, lobsterback said:

In my league's offseason draft of J2 signees plus previously unowned minor leaguers (basically 2018 breakouts) Nunez went behind Orelvis and Noelvi. Draftees from the June Amateur Draft were already drafted, so this is not a FYPD. I think you would advocate that Nunez should have gone just after Luciano? 

 

1. NYM - Luis Patino, P, SD
2. HOU - Victor Victor Mesa, OF, MIA
3. TB - Josh James, P, HOU
4. SFG - Brayan Rocchio, SS, CLE
5. LAD - Marco Luciano, SS, SF
6. MIN - Colin Poche, P, TB
7. MIL - Orelvis Martinez, SS, TOR
8. BAL - Noelvi Marte, SS, SEA
9. ATL via NYY - Malcom Nunez, 3B, STL
10. TOR - Cavan Biggio, IF/OF, TOR
11. CIN - Tony Gonsolin, P, LAD
12. PHI - Richard Gallardo, P, CHC
13. SD - Jordan Balazovic, P, MIN
14. COL - Kevin Alcantara, OF, NYY
15. TEX - Diego Cartaya, C, LAD
16. DET - Junior Sanquintin, SS, CLE
17. CHW - Misael Urbina, OF, MIN
18. ATL via PIT - Deivi Garcia, P, NYY
19. WAS - Julio Pablo Martinez, OF, TEX 
20. SEA - Mike King, P, NYY
21. CLE - Francisco Alvarez, C, NYM
22. CHC - Jhon Torres, OF, STL
23. ATL - Osiel Rodriguez, P, NYY
24. BOS - Antoni Flores, SS, BOS

Thank you for this, it is good stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.