tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 12

tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 12

This thread is for discussing who you're starting and/or sitting for week 12 of the 2018 NFL season.

Because most non-obvious start/sit decisions depend on roster/format/league-specific context, feel free to include any of these considerations in your start/sit questions. Comments along the lines of "Who's Starting Player A?", "I'm Starting Player B over Player C", etc. in player threads may be moved to this thread or removed, at the discretion of the RW forums staff.

Message added by tonycpsu

Pick 3

Zeke

McCaffery

Mixon

Chubb

Mack

leaning towards Zeke, Mack and Chubb, but really torn as to whether start Mcaffery or Mack, either/both could be in for 20 plus maybe 30 plus points, I just feel Miami giving up TDs in every game except one and Indys O Line gives Mack the slight advantage, although I also like McCafferys matchup against Seattle and his ability to make plays receiving. Any advice greatly appreciated 

6 minutes ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

Need a win super badly. Who should i play in my flex in .5 ppr?

Mvs, dj moore or peyton barber?

I would start Moore, good matchup and should see the most targets or at least 2nd depending on how they use Mcaffery 

1 hour ago, Vancouverite91 said:

Jordan Howard or Josh adams this week?

.5ppr need a win to stay in the playoff race!

I would start Adams based on the fact New York gave up 100yds and a TD to Peyton Barber and Breida and Peterson both put up 25 the weeks before.

45 minutes ago, BobButter said:

Pick 3

Zeke

McCaffery

Mixon

Chubb

Mack

leaning towards Zeke, Mack and Chubb, but really torn as to whether start Mcaffery or Mack, either/both could be in for 20 plus maybe 30 plus points, I just feel Miami giving up TDs in every game except one and Indys O Line gives Mack the slight advantage, although I also like McCafferys matchup against Seattle and his ability to make plays receiving. Any advice greatly appreciated 

I dunno man, I find it hard to ever bench Zeke or CMC, I'd nearly put Mixon in that bracket too. That's a sick running back line up though!! Personally, I'd start the top 3 but Zeke plus any if the other two would also be fine.

For me, my QB and flex are still up in the air.

Big Ben @den or Rivers v arizona

Can I possibly bench Ben? He scared a lot of people last week but is he almost unbenchable at this stage of the season? I dunno!

PPR flex Boyd v Browns or J.Gordon @ Jets. I already have Mixon playing so not sure if I want to put too much faith in the Bengals if AJ is out. I'm kinda leaning towards Gordon but reassess when we find out if green plays. Hopefully he'll be semi-decoy which would lean me towards Boyd. I just love watching a game with Gordon in it when he's in my starting line up, such explosiveness when he gets going. Help please! And thanks :)

17 minutes ago, CookiesOmNom said:

I dunno man, I find it hard to ever bench Zeke or CMC, I'd nearly put Mixon in that bracket too. That's a sick running back line up though!! Personally, I'd start the top 3 but Zeke plus any if the other two would also be fine.

For me, my QB and flex are still up in the air.

Big Ben @den or Rivers v arizona

Can I possibly bench Ben? He scared a lot of people last week but is he almost unbenchable at this stage of the season? I dunno!

PPR flex Boyd v Browns or J.Gordon @ Jets. I already have Mixon playing so not sure if I want to put too much faith in the Bengals if AJ is out. I'm kinda leaning towards Gordon but reassess when we find out if green plays. Hopefully he'll be semi-decoy which would lean me towards Boyd. I just love watching a game with Gordon in it when he's in my starting line up, such explosiveness when he gets going. Help please! And thanks :)

Yeah CMC is usually a must start for me, it almost a blessing a curse having Chubb and Mack both playing so well because it makes it so hard to choose my lineup. Earlier in the season I would set Zeke, CMC and Mixon and forget about it. 

I’d definitely start Big Ben. Arizona has been pretty good at limiting QB output and gives up most of their points to the run. Mahones is the only QB to finish better than the 18th ranked QB of the week against them. 

Thats a tough one, I have Boyd too and just can’t trust his output when he is the bengals WR1. Gordon and Brady clearly aren’t on the same page yet but maybe after the bye that would have changed. If AJ plays I’d definitely go with Boyd otherwise I’d lean towards Gordon.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, BobButter said:

I would start Adams based on the fact New York gave up 100yds and a TD to Peyton Barber and Breida and Peterson both put up 25 the weeks before.

Adams and it isn't even close.  I see him getting at least one TD against the Giants.  I don't see Howard doing much at all this week.

2 hours ago, BobButter said:

Pick 3

Zeke

McCaffery

Mixon

Chubb

Mack

Zeke, McCaffrey, and Chubb.

Full PPR which should I start?

Calvin Ridley

Courtland Sutton 

DeSean Jackson

D.j. Moore?

29 minutes ago, aypeeone said:

Standard league

Baldwin @ Car

or

Golladay vs Chi

I would go golladay

PPR, Need one rb and one flex:

Adams vs NYG

Ridley at NO (monster game vs NO in wk 3, pretty quiet wks 5-11)

Riddick vs CHI

Coutee v TEN

T’Quan v ATL 

Tempted to plug in Adams at RB because it’s hard to get excited about Riddick and I like Adams chances this week and ROS. A harder decision is my Flex spot where I’m currently favoring Ridley. 

Edited by luckBbrady

8 hours ago, aypeeone said:

Standard league

Baldwin @ Car

or

Golladay vs Chi

Golladay

27 minutes ago, luckBbrady said:

Adams vs NYG

Riddick vs CHI

Coutee v TEN

T’Quan v ATL 

Tempted to plug in Adams at RB because it’s hard to get excited about Riddick and I like Adams chances this week and ROS. A harder decision is my Flex spot where I’m currently favoring Ridley. 

Riddick and Ridley.

8 hours ago, aypeeone said:

Standard league

Baldwin @ Car

or

Golladay vs Chi

Marvin Jones is out again so Golladay is a strong play.  I'd start him over Baldwin.

10 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Start Brate, Doyle, or Ebron?

Doyle is the safest bet.  His floor and ceiling are the highest.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Vancouverite91 said:

Jordan Howard or Josh adams this week?

.5ppr need a win to stay in the playoff race!

I think Adams has a nice game, but wonder if CHI lets Howard eat with Trubisky out today??

12 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Doyle is the safe play, while I think Brate  could have a solid game with OJ out ros. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Riddick and Ridley.

Curious...Is that because you think Riddick has the highest floor? And re: Ridley, because the matchup is so juicy?

2 minutes ago, luckBbrady said:

Curious...Is that because you think Riddick has the highest floor? And re: Ridley, because the matchup is so juicy?

Yes, Riddick should be heavily involved in the passing game again and Ridley is very much due for a big game. The O/U on that ATL/NO game is too high to pass up.

#1: 1pt ppr: J Howard, Riddick, or Jalen?

With Mitch out, will CHI let Howard eat or will OAK or DET feed their guys with receptions??

#2: Drop Butker for M Bryant ros or drop Gio for Bryant this week & keep Butker for ros? I have Mixon, but also have #1 waiver, should anything happen to Mixon this week.

Other RB: MG3, Conner, & Chubb. WHIR!

1 hour ago, luckBbrady said:

Adams vs NYG

Riddick vs CHI

Coutee v TEN

T’Quan v ATL 

Would give Adam's a shot this week. For flex, I actually like Coutee. But if you like Ridley, that's  a good option, as I expect a shootout. Although I am a little bias & hope Julio goes off, as I have him in a team. Lol! Good luck!

9 hours ago, aypeeone said:

Standard league

Baldwin @ Car

or

Golladay vs Chi

Golladay

8 hours ago, edllb61 said:

Full PPR which should I start?

Calvin Ridley

Courtland Sutton 

DeSean Jackson

D.j. Moore?

Ridley

1 hour ago, luckBbrady said:

Adams vs NYG

Riddick vs CHI

Coutee v TEN

T’Quan v ATL 

Adams & Ridley

42 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Doyle

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

Which 4 to start? (i.e. Sit 1)

Conner @ DEN
Ingram vs ATL
Michel @ NYJ
Breida @ TB
Lindsay vs PIT

Damn. Talk about a good problem to have. I'd probably sit Sony.

• Thanks 1