tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 12

tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 12

This thread is for discussing who you're starting and/or sitting for week 12 of the 2018 NFL season.

Because most non-obvious start/sit decisions depend on roster/format/league-specific context, feel free to include any of these considerations in your start/sit questions. Comments along the lines of "Who's Starting Player A?", "I'm Starting Player B over Player C", etc. in player threads may be moved to this thread or removed, at the discretion of the RW forums staff.

Message added by tonycpsu

Have Mahomes on Bye.

i was able to pick up Lamar Jackson, but I also have Russel Wilson.

who should start at QB week 12

Russel Wilson at Carolina

or

Lamar Jackson vs Oakland

also, Which of the two should be dropped I don’t really want to roster 3 qbs, unless I should

to block froM other teams 

16 hours ago, coachshowtime said:

Season deciding, super important QB decisions this week....Help?

Wentz vs NYG

or

Mayfield vs CIN

NOTE:  I have Deshaun Watson as well, but there's no way I can start him vs TEN this week.

Something else to note is that I also have Duke Johnson to compliment Mayfield.

I little surprised you're not even considering starting Watson. I agree that I would be sitting him, but he's definitely in the conversation. Just to get an idea of how each guy has performed so far, I've put down the number of times each has been a super dud (SD; <10 points), dud (DUD; 10-15 points), average (AVG; 15-20 points), stud (STUD; 20-25 points) and super stud (SS; 25+ points) in my standard league so far this season:

Wentz Watson Mayfield
0 SS 3 SS (NYJ, IND, MIA) 0 SS
5 STUD (TEN, MIN, NYG, JAX, DAL) 3 STUD (TEN, DAL, DEN) 2 STUD (TB, ATL)
1 AVG (CAR) 0 AVG 3 AVG (*NYJ, BAL, KC)
1 DUD (IND) 2 DUD (NE, JAX) 3 DUD (OAK, LAC, PIT)
1 SD (NO) 2 SD (BUF, WAS) 0 SD
8 games played 10 games played 8 games played. Note his first game against the Jets
    was prorated based on snap count (played 60% of snaps)

Now historical stats don't predict the future, but they do help at least get a sense of what's been accomplished so far. Considering this, along with other factors such as matchups, recent play, changes to team rosters/gameplans, etc., here's how I'd rank them this week.
1. Wentz vs NYG
I'd say he's probably the most consistent QB out of the group. He's got a good matchup, and Philly is predominantly a "pass-first" offense. Tate's been slowly adjusting to the new offense and should start becoming more of a factor. I feel like this is almost a "can't miss" play here. 
2. Watson vs TEN
He's been hot and cold all season, with more cold games than hot lately. But it's hard to sit a guy of his talent when he has someone like Nuk to throw to. Houston has been running the ball more lately, but TEN is also good against the rush. So I would not be surprised if they're forced to air out the ball a bit more in this one. He also had a good game against TEN the last time they played in week 2, for whatever that's worth.
3. Mayfield vs CIN
Baker's been great so far this season and has a good matchup against Cincy. However, Cincy is also the worst defense against the rush so far this year. Chubb's performance and volume has been increasing each week, so I would not be surprised if Cleveland decides to just keep feeding him the ball all game long. I'm also not as high on Landry/Callaway/Higgins/Njoku as I am Nuk/Coutee/DT/JT and Jeffery/Tate/Agholor/Ertz. Still a good play, I just like the other guys more.

Which 3 to start? (i.e. Sit 1)
Conner @ DEN
Michel @ NYJ
Breida @ TB
Lindsay vs PIT

Edited by Idoolittle

3 hours ago, mjames242 said:

Have Mahomes on Bye.

i was able to pick up Lamar Jackson, but I also have Russel Wilson.

who should start at QB week 12

Russel Wilson at Carolina

or

Lamar Jackson vs Oakland

also, Which of the two should be dropped I don’t really want to roster 3 qbs, unless I should

to block froM other teams 

Start Wilson, drop Jackson.

3 hours ago, Idoolittle said:

I little surprised you're not even considering starting Watson. I agree that I would be sitting him, but he's definitely in the conversation. Just to get an idea of how each guy has performed so far, I've put down the number of times each has been a super dud (SD; <10 points), dud (DUD; 10-15 points), average (AVG; 15-20 points), stud (STUD; 20-25 points) and super stud (SS; 25+ points) in my standard league so far this season:

Wentz Watson Mayfield
0 SS 3 SS (NYJ, IND, MIA) 0 SS
5 STUD (TEN, MIN, NYG, JAX, DAL) 3 STUD (TEN, DAL, DEN) 2 STUD (TB, ATL)
1 AVG (CAR) 0 AVG 3 AVG (*NYJ, BAL, KC)
1 DUD (IND) 2 DUD (NE, JAX) 3 DUD (OAK, LAC, PIT)
1 SD (NO) 2 SD (BUF, WAS) 0 SD
8 games played 10 games played 8 games played. Note his first game against the Jets
    was prorated based on snap count (played 60% of snaps)

Now historical stats don't predict the future, but they do help at least get a sense of what's been accomplished so far. Considering this, along with other factors such as matchups, recent play, changes to team rosters/gameplans, etc., here's how I'd rank them this week.
1. Wentz vs NYG
I'd say he's probably the most consistent QB out of the group. He's got a good matchup, and Philly is predominantly a "pass-first" offense. Tate's been slowly adjusting to the new offense and should start becoming more of a factor. I feel like this is almost a "can't miss" play here. 
2. Watson vs TEN
He's been hot and cold all season, with more cold games than hot lately. But it's hard to sit a guy of his talent when he has someone like Nuk to throw to. Houston has been running the ball more lately, but TEN is also good against the rush. So I would not be surprised if they're forced to air out the ball a bit more in this one. He also had a good game against TEN the last time they played in week 2, for whatever that's worth.
3. Mayfield vs CIN
Baker's been great so far this season and has a good matchup against Cincy. However, Cincy is also the worst defense against the rush so far this year. Chubb's performance and volume has been increasing each week, so I would not be surprised if Cleveland decides to just keep feeding him the ball all game long. I'm also not as high on Landry/Callaway/Higgins/Njoku as I am Nuk/Coutee/DT/JT and Jeffery/Tate/Agholor/Ertz. Still a good play, I just like the other guys more.

Which 3 to start? (i.e. Sit 1)
Conner @ DEN
Michel @ NYJ
Breida @ TB
Lindsay vs PIT

Sit Michel. Still need to see a breakout game from him yet before trusting him, especially with the group of RBs you have.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, coachshowtime said:

Well, I just got killed by Amari Cooper in my matchup, so I feel behind.  This QB decision will essentially make or break my season. 

I was also hoping for Tre’Quan to be active and had to bench him for MVS.   Waiting on the word on AJ Green, who might have to be replaced by Peyton Barber in FLEX spot.   Ugh.

Mayfield has a dream matchup and started to really have synergy with Duke Johnson.  Although, I fear a trap game with AJ Green potential being out and changing the CLE game script.

Wentz vs NYG is way better than the against Saints.  He’s good and I feel that game just put him in tilt for the day.

Extremely hard decision!!! 

Dang, very tough decision. Maybe roll with Wentz, the  hope Baker hits Duke for a TD or 2. Webtz is gonna have to throw. Maybe this becomes a shootout type game. 

16 hours ago, Josean Pelota said:

Hard to pass on Badgley against such a cupcake matchup except 1. Chargers may only score TDs against Arizona, and 2. No idea how he'll respond to that costly missed extra point last week.  I'll probably belatedly (hadn't seen your response) say Bryant, but I don't think you should kick yourself (haaaah) if you went with Badgley. 

I ended up going with Badgley. Guess worse case, he has a 5 pts game like  Bryant did or maybe ARI stalls LAC offense into at least 3 FG's & a couple TD's. Lol! Appreciate the feedback though!

Must-win game this week to make the playoffs.  Should I start Baker Mayfield @ Cin or Eli Manning @ Phi?

Must win game to secure my last chance at playoffs 

MVS or Josh Adams for my last flex spot?

still have winston, Chubb, Doyle Ravens D and Badgley left. He has Barkley, Martin, Lamar Jackson, Titans D and succoup.  

PPR

Edited by ImthenewGoff

Half PPR.

Pick 2 WR: Adam Humphries, MVS, and Curtis Samuels

Pick 1 Flex: Kenyan Drake, Jalen Richard, Adam Humphries (if not WR pick), MVS (if not WR pick), or Curtis Samuel's (if not WR pick)

Pick 1 DEF: Jags or Chargers

11 hours ago, sjm76 said:

Must-win game this week to make the playoffs.  Should I start Baker Mayfield @ Cin or Eli Manning @ Phi?

I would roll with Eli against a beat up Eagles secondary. 

17 hours ago, herschel said:

PPR - Josh Gordon or Emmanuel Sanders?

Both are extremely talented. Tough decision

just because give me Sanders 

17 hours ago, sjm76 said:

Both QBs should have good games. 

I trust Baker a little more 

13 hours ago, ImthenewGoff said:

Must win game to secure my last chance at playoffs 

MVS or Josh Adams for my last flex spot?

still have winston, Chubb, Doyle Ravens D and Badgley left. He has Barkley, Martin, Lamar Jackson, Titans D and succoup.  

PPR

Start the RB he sure has look good lately 

Non ppr ... 

Fitzgerald @ Chargers 

Sutton vs Pitts 

and

Doyle vs Miami 

Ebron vs Miami 

0.5PPR. I have a straight choice - Amendola or Coutee?

Amendola - @Colts Sun 4:25

Coutee - vTitans Mon 8:15

Any thoughts? Both are Questionable, so if Amendola is a go I may just roll with him so I don't have to worry about Coutee.

18 minutes ago, jaysfansince2015 said:

Gus Edwards vs OAK or Duke Johnson @ CIN 0.5 PPR 

id go Duke hard for me to trust gus on one game

1 hour ago, scoobtothenoog said:

Full PPR.

Gordon or Boyd??

Been back and forth on this one for days and have to win to get in....

This ones hard, but id go with Boyd i think with Green back he gets an upgrade in a game that could turn into a shootout. 

12 team .5ppr 

Do i play Baldwin with groin injury or a sleeper like David Moore, M Williams or Inman . Im in a win or go home situation leaning towards Moore. 

3 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Non ppr ... 

Fitzgerald @ Chargers 

Sutton vs Pitts 

and

Doyle vs Miami 

Ebron vs Miami 

Sutton and Doyle as there floors are higher . I think Fitz has a rough matchup and Ebron is a TD dependent lotto ticket pick 

6 minutes ago, Yammz said:

id go Duke hard for me to trust gus on one game

This ones hard, but id go with Boyd i think with Green back he gets an upgrade in a game that could turn into a shootout. 

12 team .5ppr 

Do i play Baldwin with groin injury or a sleeper like David Moore, M Williams or Inman . Im in a win or go home situation leaning towards Moore. 

Guessing Lockett isn't available? Roll DJ Moore

2 hours ago, scoobtothenoog said:

Full PPR.

Gordon or Boyd??

Been back and forth on this one for days and have to win to get in....

I have the exact same decision this week. Currently going with Gordon as it looks like AJG will sit out this week.

I have two spots to fill between:

Boyd v CLE

J.Gordon @nyj

Ekeler v ARI (if Melvin sits - I also have Melvin)

PPR

I'm leaning towards Melvin/Ekeler and one from Boyd or Gordon but I've been flip flopping all week between them...

27 minutes ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

.5 ppr flex play. Have mvs, dj moore and ekeler. Was gonna play dj moore, but if Gordon sits. Is Austin the definite start here?

He's playing the Cards. Why wouldn't he be?

I'm thinking "heck yeah, all the way!"

Help me with mine (the prior post).

• Thanks 1