DoctorLove

Thomas Bryant - 2018 - 2019 Season Outlook

So, it looks like Thomas Bryant is starting with Dwight out tonight.  He's played very very very few minutes thus far, but he's produced when he's played.

Who is this guy?  Is he supposed to be the future C for the Wizards?  Admittedly, I know nothing (about him and most other things).

the extra dash in the title of this thread gives me ogida. As far as Byant goes - Im in your boat.  Ill be keeping a close eye tonight and if he puts up solid numbers Im making the add. Dwight is a sissy. 

He's a high energy big that can space the floor. His defense is horrid, so don't expect him to take minutes away from Dwight. 

His per 36 minutes career averages are solid (16.3 PPG, 9.3 Boards, 3.5 Assists, 1 Block), so I'm guessing there's some talent there.  How much will he play with Howard out?  Who knows, but it should be a decent amount given that it's not like they have any other great options.  He'll go back to being irrelevant once Howard returns of course.

1 minute ago, KilloWertz said:

His per 36 minutes career averages are solid (16.3 PPG, 9.3 Boards, 3.5 Assists, 1 Block), so I'm guessing there's some talent there.  How much will he play with Howard out?  Who knows, but it should be a decent amount given that it's not like they have any other great options.  He'll go back to being irrelevant once Howard returns of course.

They'll probably play more small ball with kieff at center

He looks kinda raw but that might be because he hasnt played much at all in his career

With howard's history of injuries, i wouldnt be surprised if he misses the whole season

On 11/20/2018 at 6:07 PM, DezedandConfused said:

They'll probably play more small ball with kieff at center

You are right so far.  He started off the game last night really well, but then hardly played the rest of the way and didn't even reach 20 minutes again.

Would have considered using him tonight against NO without Davis playing, but if he is lucky to even get to 20 minutes, the matchup may not matter.

4 minutes ago, SkalChriston said:

Love his name, just sounds like a guy who would avg 15/8/2.

If he got the playing time, I'm sure he actually would.  Or at least close to that. :)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, t0087669 said:

Can he push his playing time above 25 mins?

Not really with this coach.

He has my attention. I know it was the Hawks, but still, they’ve won 6 of 9 since he’s been starting. He’s had close to usable numbers in less than 20 minutes a game. Shoots 3s (not many yet but still), can hit ft’s. If the Wiz finally decide to blow it up, or maybe even if they don’t, I could easily see them giving him big minutes just to see what they have in him.

Just got picked up in my 12t and I instantly regretted picking up Cody Zeller instead of him earlier in the week (also have Beal and OPJ). Looked really good in the first half yesterday.

I picked him up couple games ago and he’s meeting the eye test as far as I can see. Watched a couple games to see him in action and he sometimes gets lost in defense but honestly not too bad considering the lack of playing time in his career and a couple plays played really good defense on helpside rim protection. Goes straight up and contests shots to avoid fouls. Offensively he’s raw but okay in the P&R, solid range shot, and most importantly he runs the floor very well. I think they’ll tinker with his minutes up to 25. His confidence and comfort seems to be growing every game. It would be a shame if they didn’t see what they have in him. 

I’d pick him up if he’s available in your league still. Doesnt hurt you anywhere with decent production 

13 minutes ago, bucknut said:

whose the better Hoosier, Vonleh or Bryant ? similar games 

As of right now definitely Vonleh and it's not even close! Don't feel like they have similar games at all. Bryant might have a higher ceiling though.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, t0087669 said:

Can he push his playing time above 25 mins?

Not with dips**t Brooks at the helm...probably should be getting 25+ though.

26 minutes ago, bucknut said:

whose the better Hoosier, Vonleh or Bryant ? similar games 

Not really, Vonleh is significantly better suited to today's game than Bryant. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, t0087669 said:

can he play more minutes from after the trade? is he a better ROS stash lets say then Mitch Robinson?

At the very least, I’m streaming him for this week. Especially since they’re playing 4 games plus he’d match up well with the bigs on those teams.

Hawks - Dedmon, Rockets - Capela, Suns - Ayton, Pacers - Turner