DoctorLove

Thomas Bryant - 2018 - 2019 Season Outlook

6 minutes ago, fedade said:

Well. Porter deal should kill any glimmer of hope for solid ROS. Drop city

Possibly or Wiz aren’t done dealing bodies and he ends up in a better position. May be worth holding until after deadline tomorrow.

Portis coming isn't going to help. Don't fool yourselves.  Then markief.  Brooks has no one else to play with porter gone.

13 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Portis coming isn't going to help. Don't fool yourselves.  Then markief.  Brooks has no one else to play with porter gone.

I'm thinking Kieff will probably get shut down, and D12. 

Green and Ariza are FAs, Wall is injured next season, they don't have any cap room. They're basically in purgatory for 2 more years. Might as well tank and add some pieces through the draft.

The tank is on. No reason not to play him now right? Or Scotty Brook’s really that stupid?

8 minutes ago, Boozted said:

The tank is on. No reason not to play him now right? Or Scotty Brook’s really that stupid?

Brooks' middle name is stupid

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, RCRanger03 said:

Markieff to the Pelicans is good for him?

Depends on how they use portis and jabari for their small lineups

Doesn't matter if Brooks still decides to play Green over him when they go small-ball.

• Like 2

They're apparently keeping Ariza so who knows wtf Brooks will do. 

Bryant was pretty heroic tonight but he has been before and it hasn't earned him any sort of consistent playing time from Mr Secrit Plays.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, n3gative said:

Brooks' middle name is stupid

Scott Stupid Brooks strikes again.  Now watch as next game Bryant plays a quarter.

Kieff and Porter are out but Portis and Jabari join the wizards. And they're keeping Jeff Green. I don't see any difference if Brooks still there..

There is a difference because bobby and parker are on expiring contracts. So the wiz most likely will not resign both of them, it looks like a trade just to make some cap. So bryant is the long term plan at the 5 and will logically have time to develop.

I scooped him to see how this plays out with the roster changes. Mostly felt i had to because if wizards 4-4-4 playoff sched just in case bryant gets good run and is an ros hold

• Like 1

My gut is this trade isnt good for T. Bryant.  He just doesnt get minutes consistently.  The coach goes based on feel for the game and when they get behind, he always goes small ball.  They will be behind a lot, the roster isnt very talented.

I dont think trades do anything to his value or minutes moving forward. Brooks will keep him all over the place between 18-32 minutes a night and will struggle for consistency as a result. Add fact for playoff stretch run, Dwight might ruin any chance of that with 20-25 min a game. 

31 minutes ago, theeplaymaker said:

I dont think trades do anything to his value or minutes moving forward. Brooks will keep him all over the place between 18-32 minutes a night and will struggle for consistency as a result. Add fact for playoff stretch run, Dwight might ruin any chance of that with 20-25 min a game. 

I see dwight being a cancer if he cant play to show other teams he is healthy

Yesterday was the first time I've really watched him play, and good lord, he has a motor.  At one point he got the defensive board, threw an outlet, and was the first guy in the paint on the other end.  He's non-stop, and plays in control which is surprising with how much he's on the move.

Really like this guy, and on a team that is pretty much going nowhere I don't see why he wouldn't get solid consistent minutes the rest of the way.  He's so versatile on both ends of the floor, the Wizards have something here and this is the kind of no-name who changes seasons in the fantasy playoffs.

1 minute ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Yesterday was the first time I've really watched him play, and good lord, he has a motor.  At one point he got the defensive board, threw an outlet, and was the first guy in the paint on the other end.  He's non-stop, and plays in control which is surprising with how much he's on the move.

Really like this guy, and on a team that is pretty much going nowhere I don't see why he wouldn't get solid consistent minutes the rest of the way.  He's so versatile on both ends of the floor, the Wizards have something here and this is the kind of no-name who changes seasons in the fantasy playoffs.

thats nice in theory if it happens.  We have been waiting for consistent playing time since Wall and Markieff got hurt.  It didnt come, so....

14 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

thats nice in theory if it happens.  We have been waiting for consistent playing time since Wall and Markieff got hurt.  It didnt come, so....

I read somewhere that Brook’s was pulling him out because he’d make mistakes on D. Being a young player that doesn’t surprise me.

At that point though they were clearly still trying to win games though. Getting rid of Porter pretty much sends the message that they’re gonna tank. So now that they’re not trying to win games why wouldn’t they let him play through his mistakes?

7 minutes ago, Boozted said:

I read somewhere that Brook’s was pulling him out because he’d make mistakes on D. Being a young player that doesn’t surprise me.

At that point though they were clearly still trying to win games though. Getting rid of Porter pretty much sends the message that they’re gonna tank. So now that they’re not trying to win games why wouldn’t they let him play through his mistakes?

Dunno, only time will tell