DoctorLove

Thomas Bryant - 2018 - 2019 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, HotSauce24 said:

This assumes Brooks is still their coach next season. 

Yeah, which probably makes the answer to chud's question fairly easy...

If Brooks is the coach - No, because Bryant has already proven himself this season when given playing time and it doesn't seem to matter to Brooks

If Brooks is fired - Yes, he has potential (what I just said above).  I'm not sure what the contracts are for Parker and Portis though.  If they are back next season, then it's questionable at best, but I'd still go with yes if Brooks is fired.

I cut him for Rabb. The minutes just aren't there and with Parker and Portis both capable of filling that front court spot, he seems like the odd one out even though he starts. 

6 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

I'm not sure what the contracts are for Parker and Portis though.  If they are back next season, then it's questionable at best, but I'd still go with yes if Brooks is fired.

Portis is a Restriced Free Agent and Parker has a 20 million team option for next season

What led him to get full burn tonight? Makes me wanna pick him up!

23/12/4/3/2 with 3 treys on 9 of 11 shooting in 31 minutes

Edited by RCRanger03

I believe Portis was in foul trouble throughout the game and they just stuck with Bryant because he had the hot hand.

36 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

This may be the last kind of line we'll ever get from him.

Why do you say that? 

On 2/24/2019 at 3:19 PM, stickman786 said:

Yeah. Scott brooks is a moron. Whenever thomas bryant gets 28 minutes+ he gets a double double.

Why on earth would a coach care about whether their player gets a double double? 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, HarmStrong said:

Why on earth would a coach care about whether their player gets a double double? 

um do i need to expand on that point....... okay he produces always when he gets the minutes... the team wins when Thomas Bryant plays... need i go on. He has the best offensive rating on the team when he plays..by far..... and the same defensive rating as ian mahimi and dwight (small sample size of 9 when he plays). He hustles and run backs on D..if you've watched any wizard games..Yet Scott Brooks sucks the life of his young talent tooooooo do what exactly? Bryant should be playing 25+ minutes. A young somphore whos essentially playing in this year as a rookie since he didn't get much run last year... Hes a high FG% guy that can hit threes as a stretch 5...and hits fts at a 80% clip. He's not a black hole and actually plays wtihin the offense...By every metric he was the second best player in advance stats and standard stats behind beal but you give jabari and bobby portis who just joined the team more minutes? IT makes zero sense. When he plays 30+ minutes he averages 21 and 12... has a higher +/- THEN BEAL. For perspective, bobby portis, when playing, 30+ minutes has a negative +/- and a terrible offensive rating and even worse defensive rating..need i go on. By ever measurable... and just watching him play when involved he's a force..plain and simple.  He's a talent thats being caged because scott brooks is a bad coach.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

He is so enticing but I had to cut him loose for Jonas V coming off IR. Came to see what the vibe was here after he exploded lol

I want this kid to kill it so bad but 16 minutes a game is s---. Anyone think that they decide to let him play a little more as the season ends? He kills it whenever he plays 30+ minutes 

2 hours ago, babayaga said:

I want this kid to kill it so bad but 16 minutes a game is s---. Anyone think that they decide to let him play a little more as the season ends? He kills it whenever he plays 30+ minutes 

Brooks and Ernie are fighting for their jobs, so I doubt it unless the Wizards are mathematically eliminated. The two biggest morons in basketball.