DoctorLove

Thomas Bryant - 2018 - 2019 Season Outlook

I think he puts Mahinmi because of the match up against Drummond. Bryant was kicked out of the paint by little Drummond's bottom hits. So Mahinmi got more strength to deal with big bodies, Bryant looks too light against Andre. So for this game I think its the Reason of the really low minutes. 

But for the ROS, there is another problem. It is Wall. The monstruous game from Bryant was with Wall out and Sato playing pg. Wall dont make the pass when  Bryant sprint like a chicken to be alone in the paint, he prefers to try a hero drive. 

Wall out tonight. Bryant plays well with Sato running point, because Sato is looking to pass the ball.

Markieff Morris out tonight. Bryant should get all he can handle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

With Wall done for the season, two things will happen.

1) Wiz are in tank mode. 

2) Sato starts, which means he will pass to Thomas Bryant more often. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

With Wall done for the season, two things will happen.

1) Wiz are in tank mode. 

2) Sato starts, which means he will pass to Thomas Bryant more often. 

Any thoughts on Bryant's long-term fantasy relevance once Dwight returns? For the short-term, I can see adding Bryant, but I'm a little wary about the long term since Dwight is projected to return early Feb, around week 17.

2 minutes ago, hoop said:

Any thoughts on Bryant's long-term fantasy relevance once Dwight returns? For the short-term, I can see adding Bryant, but I'm a little wary about the long term since Dwight is projected to return early Feb, around week 17.

That's like 8 weeks away worry about it when it comes to that

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, hoop said:

I have no idea what Howard will want to do, but I can say he will have nothing to come back for. In 2 months, we are talking March 1. By then, the Wiz' strategy should be to develop the youth.

I forgot they just traded for Ariza. That's unfortunate. And Scott Brooks wants to win. But I don't think that changes the big picture.

Edited by hornrimmed_rambis

2 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I have no idea what Howard will want to do, but I can say he will have nothing to come back for. In 2 months, we are talking March 1. By then, the Wiz' strategy should be to develop the youth.

According to BBM, Howard’s projected to return on 2/2, in roughly 5 weeks (week 17, a couple weeks before fantasy playoffs). I’m high in the standings, so I’m thinking about my playoff strategy - and am a bit wary of adding Bryant if his production gets dinged with Dwight’s return.

Anyway...it’s still early and it’s pretty much conjecture. Watching the Wiz game right now and curious to see how Bryant performs in the Wall-less wizards the next few games.

1 hour ago, hoop said:

According to BBM, Howard’s projected to return on 2/2, in roughly 5 weeks (week 17, a couple weeks before fantasy playoffs). I’m high in the standings, so I’m thinking about my playoff strategy - and am a bit wary of adding Bryant if his production gets dinged with Dwight’s return.

Anyway...it’s still early and it’s pretty much conjecture. Watching the Wiz game right now and curious to see how Bryant performs in the Wall-less wizards the next few games.

Here's what Rotoworld wrote on Dec 20: "he's just three weeks into a 2-3 month timetable."

Here's what the Washington Times said on Nov 30: "Washington Wizards center Dwight Howard decided to undergo surgery for a piriformis muscle injury that has bothered him since training camp, and his recovery will sideline him for two to three months, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported." 

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/30/dwight-howard-reportedly-needs-surgery-gluteal-inj/

So the only question is whether he returns at the optimistic side of this timeline or the conservative side. Given Howard's previous injury recoveries, I'm guessing the conservative side, which means he is out all of Feb. Add in the Wiz' non-existent playoff hopes, and you have yet another signal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Here's what Rotoworld wrote on Dec 20: "he's just three weeks into a 2-3 month timetable."

Here's what the Washington Times said on Nov 30: "Washington Wizards center Dwight Howard decided to undergo surgery for a piriformis muscle injury that has bothered him since training camp, and his recovery will sideline him for two to three months, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported." 

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/30/dwight-howard-reportedly-needs-surgery-gluteal-inj/

So the only question is whether he returns at the optimistic side of this timeline or the conservative side. Given Howard's previous injury recoveries, I'm guessing the conservative side, which means he is out all of Feb. Add in the Wiz' non-existent playoff hopes, and you have yet another signal.

Can't see dwight returning this season, even more so now with Wall out, but regarding playoffs I think they still have a chance.

What do you think Thomas Bryant's long term value is? In other words, what do you think about his value in dynasty leagues? I picked him up in a 12 Team dynasty and he's looking like a good future piece for that Wizards team. 

1 hour ago, LW_00 said:

What do you think Thomas Bryant's long term value is? In other words, what do you think about his value in dynasty leagues? I picked him up in a 12 Team dynasty and he's looking like a good future piece for that Wizards team. 

I think dynasty wise he's here to stay.  With the wizards looking like they're not going to be competitive for a hot minute, a youth movement is definitely in the works and Bryant looks legit.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, nikogwapi2 said:

Hoping Otto gets traded soon...Seems like him, Markieff, and Dwight (when he returns) are the only ones in his way. :unsure:

Pretty sure Otto doesn't play center. By that logic they should just trade Beal, Ariza, Satoransky.. hell, waive the whole team, let Bryant play 48 minutes a night by himself

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nikogwapi2 said:

Hoping Otto gets traded soon...Seems like him, Markieff, and Dwight (when he returns) are the only ones in his way. :unsure:

I doubt anyone takes on his contract without him improving quite a bit this season.  

15 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Thinking the same thing. When he does return considering the Wizards plight, he play sporadic at best. No reason to play a aging vet. Ariza as well. 

I was so upset when the Lakers got all cheap and released him, love his enthusiasm and hustle.  However, I never viewed him as starter material and so far he's proven me wrong, but I'm still skeptical... for you guys that have been watching Wiz games, what do you think.. sustainable as starter?