DoctorLove

Thomas Bryant - 2018 - 2019 Season Outlook

14 minutes ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

People should come down from Cloud 9 and tread lightly... he has real competition coming up next 3 games. 1) Hassan Whiteside 2) Steven Adams 3) Joel Embiid... these games will show what he is really made of. TBD.

Agreed. Picked up --> tempering my expectations. Would be surprised but not shocked if he stayed on my roster though

Posted (edited)

Would you guys drop Wendell Carter Jr or Kanter for Thomas Bryant right now???

Edited by Gabelife

13 minutes ago, Gabelife said:

Would you guys drop Wendell Carter Jr or Kanter for Thomas Bryant right now???

Bryant can easily be what we wanted to be WCJ before the season. ;)

However this type of question belongs to AC forum.

1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

Capela that can shoot FTs

Thats what makes me so high on him. He is a big that gets blocks without sacrificing ft %!!

1 hour ago, pushaZ said:

I'm getting early Capela vibes here.

Not really a good comp. Bryant is far less athletic, which is why his rebound and block rates are far below those of rookie Capela. He is very long so he can still pick up some blocks, and he should be able to get solid rebounds by virtue of size and position.  

He also has an outside shot and free throw shooting. So he's more of a softer, skilled big man than an athletic leaper like Capela.

17 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Not really a good comp. Bryant is far less athletic, which is why his rebound and block rates are far below those of rookie Capela. He is very long so he can still pick up some blocks, and he should be able to get solid rebounds by virtue of size and position.  

He also has an outside shot and free throw shooting. So he's more of a softer, skilled big man than an athletic leaper like Capela.

I meant Capela vibes in the sense that he went from a G league style player that everyone laughed at to an instant fantasy stud before people really noticed.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

foul trouble already :(, to be fair though, the 2nd foul that I saw was a loose ball foul where justice Winslow came out of nowhere from behind him and they both grabbed the ball I don't know why they called it a foul on him. 

Edited by halbounih

that hype train derailed quick...hopefully bounces back from the foul trouble. 

Hype train in full effect... especially if he can still manage double digit rebounds.

Brooks must follows Thibs. Bryant at split mins with Mahinmi in the 1st... This is absurd!

Man this kid is fun to root for and passes the eye test. Such a polished skillset for someone who has so little experience.

Meanwhile Derrick White is still sitting on waivers...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, montanski said:

Brooks must follows Thibs. Bryant at split mins with Mahinmi in the 1st... This is absurd!

I will say Thomas the Tank Engine was getting manhandled by Aquaman to start the game. I mean destroyed.

1 minute ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I will say Thomas the Tank Engine was getting manhandled by Aquaman to start the game. I mean destroyed.

Most of the Adams` points were on bad switches and against Green, not Bryant, but i got your point. I think the reason why Adams stopped to score was Westbrook, not Mahinmi :lol:

• Like 1

How does this dude not play the entire 4 quarter? come on! at least he doesn't hurt you anywhere in fantasy

Yeah 18 points 19 minutes... I'd like more please 

Just now, halbounih said:

How does this dude not play the entire 4 quarter? come on! at least he doesn't hurt you anywhere in fantasy

Mahinmi played great this game, and had good energy and intensity too. Along with the bench unit, he helped push the Wizards ahead. So they smartly kept him in in the fourth when the other starters came in.

• Thanks 1