Sign in to follow this  
Dirty Little Birdie

Aaron Holiday 2018-2019 Season Outlook

In the short term, he may have some value for points and threes.  Once Oladipo comes back, it would likely be difficult for him to get meaningful minutes even if he deserves them.

:unsure: :(I want him to start, play 36 and dominate...:angry:aaarrggghh

FWIW: I think he should start over Collison, so if Nate thinks so too then value city!

Maybe a scoop and stash to see how it shakes up...coach is enamored with him and told the world the other day!

Eye test: PASSED

Edited by dfstout

7 hours ago, dfstout said:

:unsure: :(I want him to start, play 36 and dominate...:angry:aaarrggghh

FWIW: I think he should start over Collison, so if Nate thinks so too then value city!

Maybe a scoop and stash to see how it shakes up...coach is enamored with him and told the world the other day!

Eye test: PASSED

hes going to be really good, plays a lot like jrue on both ends of the floor

• Like 2

I wish he played on a team other than Indiana since they already have like 5 guards. He's gonna be such a good player in the future, great for keeper leagues.

• Like 1

The only thing the kid has working against him is his height. He’s three inches shorter (6’1”) than his brother Jrue, but their games are definitely very similar. I’d love to see him playing next to Oladipo.

• Like 1

Saw him play at the USC vs UCLA game last year , wanted to see jaylen hands but he was hurt, instead holiday put up 34 points silky smooth. Poised and never rattled, but with oladipo in the mix holiday will most likely gain experience backing up collison, they will need holiday up to speed and play him 20+ because he brings that bench scoring while Joseph brings the defense, that second unit is quick + pair it w Sabonis. They just need turner to play well and they’ll be a strong playoff team.

• Thanks 1

Keep an eye on this kid, as the Pacers are trying to move Collison and Joseph by the trade deadline. 

• Like 1

If you are in a deeper league, you might want to consider Holiday. 

He should be getting backup minutes due to Dipo's injury. 

Definitely considering Holiday...

Granted I'd rather have Tyreke, as I believe he is going to become the "go-to scorer" now and should be averaging 15-18 PPG from here on out.

But Aaron Holiday is a very underrated scorer and defender, and if he starts seeing a consistent 18-24 minutes per game, he could have some very sneaky value.

His Per 36 Minute Stats

41.5 FG% / 88.0 FT% / 2.1 3PM / 18.3 PPG / 5.0 REB / 5.0 AST / 1.5 SPG

Obviously not expecting him to get 30+ minutes a game, but if he starts getting 18-24 minutes, I can easily see him putting up averages similar to 12ppg/2.5reb/3.5ast

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Man everyone seems to be on Corey Joseph as the backup PG. I think Holiday has proven he deserves the shot. Intrigued to see how it plays itself out...I picked up Holiday and left Joseph on the wire. 

• Like 1

Won’t be much this year unless a trade to collison or Joseph. Doubt the pacers will call it this season they’re very much in the race and can contend. Not having VO makes their team better actually 

2 minutes ago, CityBaller8 said:

Won’t be much this year unless a trade to collison or Joseph. Doubt the pacers will call it this season they’re very much in the race and can contend. Not having VO makes their team better actually 

Had me til that last part...

Just now, dfstout said:

Had me til that last part...

Haha I watched them play this season without him, played really well and ball was moving. Collison had 17 assists at one point , won 4 games in a row without him. But I know what you mean haha with him is always better

Only thing missing from not having VO would be his defensive prowess, but Corey Joseph brings that aspect. They’ll stagger co-jo and Evans at the two w holiday coming in off bench

The difference is Victor is the one guy who can consistently create his own shot in crunch time.  No one else currently on the roster can.  The Pacers should comfortably stay in the 4 -6 range in the eastern conference. But, they won't have that go to guy in the playoffs when they need a guy to score or shift momentum. 

Edited by mbroo5880i

Just now, mbroo5880i said:

The difference is Victor is the one guy who can consistently create his own shot in crunch time.  No one else currently on the roster can.  The Pacers should comfortably stay in the 4 -6 range in the eastern conference. But, they won't have that go to guy in the playoffs when they need a guy to score or shift momentum. 

I think Evans will show Indiana why they traded for him. To be honest , Indiana knew something. I had a feeling last year already and into offseason something was up with dipo because he didn’t do much in the offseason. Then they keep co-jo and draft Aaron holiday while bringing in Tyreke Evans? It’s Evans job to lose but Evans has a ailing knee problem as well 

21 minutes ago, CityBaller8 said:

Haha I watched them play this season without him, played really well and ball was moving. Collison had 17 assists at one point , won 4 games in a row without him. But I know what you mean haha with him is always better

Lol Yea I figured that's what you meant...the team is solid with or without no doubt...but VO is O so good...tough break...

• Like 1