miasma16

Tomas Satoransky 2018-19 Season Outlook

Here's some tape of him from September playing internationally, but he was with the Wizards last year and was truly great. Unfortunately, Scott Brooks is an idiot and didn't play him enough, and the same thing is happening this year. Tonight was the first time this year that he got more than 20 minutes in a game, so I would say he's more of an add in 16-teamers until we know he's getting more run going forward.

But he had 13-7-3-3-1 tonight with a 3 and only 1 turnover.

He's 6'7" and more of a 2, but he got 5+ assists per 36 last year. Probably not a great overall roto player though, and he got a lot of good looks last year which would go away pending some trades. He shot 52% from the field last year and had a 2.3:0.4 assist to turnover ratio, so he's a nice weird fit for a lot of teams in H2H and could be useful if you need the assists.  He shot 78% from the line on low volume and got 5 boards per 36, but is below average in the other 4 categories. Very effective two-way player, though, and if Beal is traded I'd definitely pick him up because he's likely to get minutes immediately and keep them.

• Like 1

Wizards only got 2 more games this week so I'm waiting till after Friday's game to see how he does

Well there's starting to be enough smoke around this team with all the rumors swirling, that it's worth taking a look. Almost any trade is good for Satoransky, whether it's Beal or something else.

Fyi, Satoransky looked great tonight, but sat on the bench to close it out. He has produced whenever he has gotten minutes. He has good skills, and is quite big at 6'7" for a guard with those handles. 

As for games, Satoransky plays Saturday, which is the first real quality day left this week. You will likely have too many players playing Wednesday and Friday.

Added him yesterday in my 16 team league, a nice surprise. We'll see what happens, if can get more minutes, regardless of the trade, he'll be useful

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

Here's some tape of him from September playing internationally, but he was with the Wizards last year and was truly great. Unfortunately, Scott Brooks is an idiot and didn't play him enough, and the same thing is happening this year. Tonight was the first time this year that he got more than 20 minutes in a game, so I would say he's more of an add in 16-teamers until we know he's getting more run going forward.

But he had 13-7-3-3-1 tonight with a 3 and only 1 turnover.

He's 6'7" and more of a 2, but he got 5+ assists per 36 last year. Probably not a great overall roto player though, and he got a lot of good looks last year which would go away pending some trades. He shot 52% from the field last year and had a 2.3:0.4 assist to turnover ratio, so he's a nice weird fit for a lot of teams in H2H and could be useful if you need the assists.  He shot 78% from the line on low volume and got 5 boards per 36, but is below average in the other 4 categories. Very effective two-way player, though, and if Beal is traded I'd definitely pick him up because he's likely to get minutes immediately and keep them.

Always played pg for Barcelona and Czech NT. Here there is Wall though so he cannot be utilized at his strength.

I don't think we can trust Brooks even for consistent 20 mins.

If Wall gets traded, this guy will surely eat.

Wall isnt getting traded until the offseason at the earliest imo so the wizards can avoid the $21mm trade kicker. But that doesnt mean others wont get traded so lets see. Love sato. 

• Like 1

Washington needs to stop thinking like it’s 2008.  They can easily play Wall and Satoransky in the back court together, let Beal play more 3, let Porter play more 4 and use Kieff as a backup C.  The rest of the league seems to have figured this out but Washington is stubborn.

You need more ball handlers and more shooters on the floor in today’s NBA.  They have good pieces but don’t utilize them.  When Wall is out Tomas balls out, but gets shelved as soon as Wall returns.  Makes no sense. 

They have ave a better team than last year with D12 > Gortat and they added Jeff Green to play the 3/4 spot.  No reason they should be struggling like this.  IMO Brooks needs to continue to shake up the line-ups.  Keep in mind this is coming from a Raps fan that had similarly rigid line-ups up until 2 years ago.  The difference from now to then is enormous

Edited by Kawz
  • Like 2

Guy needs more minutes. He's better than oubre, rivers and kieff. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Guy needs more minutes. He's better than oubre, rivers and kieff. 

Just added him. Hope he gets more minutes than cute Oubre.

• Haha 1

So are we thinking last night was a fluke?  Doesn't sound like based on some of these posts, so I'm very tempted to scoop him.

6 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

So are we thinking last night was a fluke?  Doesn't sound like based on some of these posts, so I'm very tempted to scoop him.

Not a fluke. He's produced very well whenever he's gotten minutes. He's a talented, versatile player that can pass, defend and score efficiently. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Not a fluke. He's produced very well whenever he's gotten minutes. He's a talented, versatile player that can pass, defend and score efficiently. 

Apologies, I meant do we think the minutes are a fluke?  I remember what he did last year when he started, and it was good stuff.

How many games until he gets SF eligibility? Can we start pushing for it? He did get it last season I believe. I badly need it.

Edited by MysticPeak

1 hour ago, DoctorLove said:

Apologies, I meant do we think the minutes are a fluke?  I remember what he did last year when he started, and it was good stuff.

Kelly Oubre was in foul trouble. I'm talking 5 fouls in the 2Q, I believe. Lmao

15 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

Kelly Oubre was in foul trouble. I'm talking 5 fouls in the 2Q, I believe. Lmao

Ahhh, got it.  I'm not rushing to grab Sato after this game then.  I'll give him a couple more.

1 minute ago, DoctorLove said:

Ahhh, got it.  I'm not rushing to grab Sato after this game then.  I'll give him a couple more.

Brooks did say that he's willing to put him in the rotation before the game started. Plus, they played really well with him on the court. Despite him missing multiple 3s, they thrived off of his energy & rebounding. It was sort of the kickstarter for the comeback.

3 hours ago, Kawz said:

Washington needs to stop thinking like it’s 2008.  They can easily play Wall and Satoransky in the back court together, let Beal play more 3, let Porter play more 4 and use Kieff as a backup C.  The rest of the league seems to have figured this out but Washington is stubborn.

You need more ball handlers and more shooters on the floor in today’s NBA.  They have good pieces but don’t utilize them.  When Wall is out Tomas balls out, but gets shelved as soon as Wall returns.  Makes no sense. 

They have ave a better team than last year with D12 > Gortat and they added Jeff Green to play the 3/4 spot.  No reason they should be struggling like this.  IMO Brooks needs to continue to shake up the line-ups.  Keep in mind this is coming from a Raps fan that had similarly rigid line-ups up until 2 years ago.  The difference from now to then is enormous

Its kind of crazy to say but they played so much better last year when Wall was hurt and Beal was running the show. Beal > Wall imo. I think this franchise might be doomed the next 4 years with that ridiculous Wall contract, and to top it off theyre talking about trading Beal which just tells me this franchise is lost right now.

• Like 4

I definitely remember him giving serviceable numbers as the starting PG when Wall was out but I don't see how the Wiz can trade Wall with his ridiculous contract. 

• Like 1

Why is this guy getting added so much in Yahoo? Am I missing something? 

25 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Coach said he needs to get more playing time. His minutes have been trending up. Apparently when he's on court with Beal his plus/minus is awesome. Plus the possibility of a roster shake up with all the termoil going down. 

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, urban2014 said:

Coach said he should get more minutes. He's playing back to back games this friday and saturday. There's a chance beal or wall gets traded which would cause Tomas' value to sky rocket.

If you're in a 16-teamer or more, this guy needs to be added right now. If you're in a 12-14 teamer, keep an open eye on him.

He has the potential to become a Top-70/80 player if/when John Wall gets traded, which in my eyes, is going to happen...Coaches have been wanting Satoransky to get more minutes, and they're doing just that.

He's averaging 11pts / 4reb / 5ast / 2stls / 1 3PM / 0.5 T/O in his last two games....and he's only averaging 22 MPG...

Expect those numbers to get up to around 14ppg / 5reb / 7ast if he takes over the starting job at some point this season or starts playing next to wall...

• Like 2