miasma16

Tomas Satoransky 2018-19 Season Outlook

So it seems like John Wall's absence was solely the reason why he was producing well last season because even with the given minutes this year -- his line's not that worthy of a pickup. Lesson learned. Too many ballhandlers in a toxic environment.

Playing with the starters probably hurts him bc everyone is so ball dominant. Look at Kieff, who has been way more consistent and overall better since moving to the second unit bc his role is bigger with them. The problem is that Kieff "plays behind" Bryant, who isn't great. Satoransky competes with Wall, Beal, Oubre, and OPJ.

1 minute ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Finally a "typical" Sato line.

No john wall effect-_-

• Thanks 1

On 12/4/2018 at 6:37 AM, MysticPeak said:

So it seems like John Wall's absence was solely the reason why he was producing well last season because even with the given minutes this year -- his line's not that worthy of a pickup. Lesson learned. Too many ballhandlers in a toxic environment.

;)

Anyone taking a flier with wall being iffy the next few games? Worth a stream in standard leagues? I picked him up hoping for a solid 2 games but not sure what kind of production to expect

1 hour ago, thornton1986 said:

Anyone taking a flier with wall being iffy the next few games? Worth a stream in standard leagues? I picked him up hoping for a solid 2 games but not sure what kind of production to expect

Seems like a good bet.

Just looked it up to see how long it takes for bone spurs in your heel to heal and it says weeks to months so Tomas looking like a good add!

31 minutes ago, DaBulls82 said:

Just looked it up to see how long it takes for bone spurs in your heel to heal and it says weeks to months so Tomas looking like a good add!

There’s no guarantee Wall misses extended time here. Yes, I really like Tomas’s potential ROS but it’s entirely dependent on Wall’s health moving forward. The Wiz do have that juicy 4-4-4 playoff schedule so there’s always that extra incentive for anyone on the fence. 

54 minutes ago, Supersonics said:

There’s no guarantee Wall misses extended time here. Yes, I really like Tomas’s potential ROS but it’s entirely dependent on Wall’s health moving forward. The Wiz do have that juicy 4-4-4 playoff schedule so there’s always that extra incentive for anyone on the fence. 

It's situational. You're obviously playing in H2H. I have Wall in a roto league and Satoransky is a no-brainer add. I understand that he's not worth adding in all formats, but I'm also starting him tonight, and I'd advise anyone that has him to do so.

His per-36s are better than Wall's. Wall is getting 34 mpg. Now, tonight is a tough matchup against Indy, so some trepidation is warranted. But if he takes Wall's minutes (not unreasonable; that's one major player gone from the rotation, Sato will start, and he got 38 minutes the last game Wall missed) you're probably looking at about 11-4-6, a three, and 2 stocks, PLUS 49% shooting, and a little over a turnover. His FT% looks unsustainable, but even last year when he was shooting 78% from the line, he had better per-36s than Wall does this year lol.

He's very valuable as a guy that not only gets you assists, but unlike a bunch of other trash low-end PGs, not only doesn't he hurt you in efficiency cats, he actually helps you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

He starting tonight or what?

He started. So did Rivers, weirdly, with Beal, Porter and Bryant. Pacers aren't some super small team. 

No more Austin Rivers, could play +- 28mpg off the bench now ? default_unsure.gif

Edited by GrandGourou
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tyboogie said:

He’s low key add lol

Yeah there's a nonzero chance he starts getting 30 mpg depending on what their rotations look like, I'd stash him in case he pays massive dividends. 

1 hour ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I know the Wizards are shorthanded but damn, 40+ minutes? Sato's gettin heavy run.

Yeah, wtf I just saw that.  I'm tempted to drop Noah Vonleh for Sato