miasma16

Tomas Satoransky 2018-19 Season Outlook

Anyone concerned with a possible trade before the deadline? For those of us with FAAB bidding that's a real concern to consider.

At 27 years of age, you figure Sato isn't in the Wizards long-term plans, and with the team as much of a mess as it was even before Wall went down, I could see them trading off some assets at the deadline and blowing this whole thing up. Wasting a big chunk of my load on a guy who would be traded in a month and proceed to lose all value would really suck.

Edited by shadowmoses
  • Like 1

How long is he under contract for? It's prob a Rozier situation. Worth more on the bench in case/in anticipation of a Wall injury than whatever they could get in a trade.

Edited by claptondecheeks

5 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

How long is he out for? It's prob a Rozier situation. Worth more on the bench in case/in anticipation of a Wall injury than whatever they could get in a trade.

He's out for the season 

1 hour ago, shadowmoses said:

Anyone concerned with a possible trade before the deadline? For those of us with FAAB bidding that's a real concern to consider.

At 27 years of age, you figure Sato isn't in the Wizards long-term plans, and with the team as much of a mess as it was even before Wall went down, I could see them trading off some assets at the deadline and blowing this whole thing up. Wasting a big chunk of my load on a guy who would be traded in a month and proceed to lose all value would really suck.

How do you know this? you are making a wild assumption there

1 hour ago, DirkNomisszki said:

How do you know this? you are making a wild assumption there

That's why I included the word "figure" and the phrase "I could see them" in there.

And there's nothing wild about them at all. There was already talk coming into the season of the Wizards blowing things up if they again failed to advance in the playoffs. When you consider how poorly their season was going before Wall went down, it's a fair scenario to consider.

Edited by shadowmoses

I don't know why this dude was shat on, it's a legit question.  And I have no idea, honestly, I'm really bad at knowing what's up with contracts.  It's all monopoly money to me, I (not sarcastically, for real) wait for an article to tell me if a contract sucks or not.  12 million over 2 years or 35 over 3, or whatever, it means nothing to me.

I don’t think the Wizards are blowing it up. They would get nothing worth trading Beal for anyway. Plus Wall isnt dead, he’ll be back next season and nobody is taking him or his contract so why half a** a tank with Wall as your starting PG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Boogie Buckets said:

so why half a** a tank with Wall as your starting PG

I agree. They should full-a** tank. Five more losses would tie them for dead last, and a 14% chance at Zion.

8 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

I meant to type "how long is he [Sato] under contract for?"

Sato is on a dirt cheap contract.  3 mil per and next season is a qualifying offer.  He'd be a reasonably attractive trade asset if Washington made him available, and if Sato impresses in the next month or so I bet the Wiz start getting calls for him. 

I'm torn on Sato.  He's a smart player, usually doesn't force the issue and the situation now with Beal, Ariza (shooters who won't hesitate to shoot when Sato passes to them) and Bryant (high energy PnR big) as his teammates suggest he should have ample opportunity to put up decent guard stats, however when you watch the Wizards Sato can be so passive.  He's not super athletic, doesn't hound the passing lanes and if his shot isn't dropping early he can be a turtle for the rest of the game.  Even with 35 min/game I'm not expecting huge things from him.  If he can average 12/5 with a 3 per game I'll happily take that.

Just looked points league wise what he had going last year when Wall went down and Sato made that run with starts.

6 games from Jan 28 to Feb 7 he had one good game and one decent game. But only played +30 minutes once! After that he went on a run of 6 consecutive games of +30 minutes. He was killing during that period, only one DUD. He actually had three +100 fantasy points games which equals John Wall value in my points league.

After that he had 4 game run where he played twice +30 minutes with mediocre results and twice +20 minutes with bad results.

Next 11 games he had a good run again. 3 bad games and 3 games under 30 minutes. 9 games of +30 minutes and same amount of good (6) to excellent (3) games. 

Then John Wall made a comeback. Sato started 3 games rest of the way, having one good, one bad and one mediocre game in the process.

So basically when he plays +30 minutes he is very, very, very solid even in points leagues. I counted 87,75 fantasy points on those +30 minutes games. In reference it would put him close to De'Aaron Fox who has scored 91 fantasy points this season. And Jamal Murray who is at 84 now, but had silent start to the season. Luka Doncic has 87 fantasy points, but has been easily over 90 lately.

Obviously he will not play 30 minutes every time so you could bump maybe 5 points off that? Eric Bledsoe logs in at 82 fantasy points. Klay Thompson is 83 fantasy points for the season etc...

Solid company and if he can play +30 for 4/5 games? He could maintain over +85 line which would make him crazy good pick-up.

I'm OFFICIALLY GETTING GIDDY ABOUT SATO!

Edited by JormaJormala
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

He is a clear waiver add.  Pick him up and ride the wave for now.  If they tank, he will play.  If they trade him maybe he goes to a situation where he gets some run, of not cut him.  If your season is going to live or die by this one add, your probably not winning anyway.  I would not pass on a guy because of what ifs that may happen in February.

• Like 1

He's an easy add. Run, don't walk. If you watched the Wiz at all you saw Sato played well with Beal. He played bad when he was on the court with Wall. Also, Austin Rivers sucked. Rivers would be playmaking, but for his own shot. Removing both Wall and Rivers opens a huge opportunity for this guy. He's certainly not John Wall but he's pretty clearly a top 100 to top 60 guy with minutes and a good situation. At the moment, he has both. 

• Like 2

All wizards starting players should be rostered without hesitation. This includes sato.. hes going to be solid .. top 60 value going foward

"Tomas is going to get a great opportunity," Brooks said. "He’s going to be more comfortable as the games go by. I think Tomas is going to excel in this. He’s ready for this. He had some moments last season that he saved our season."

Owned in 0.1% of ESPN leagues. +0.1% today. 55% owned in Yahoo. +17% last day.

ESPN's New Year's resolution should be to unf%^k their once superb fantasy basketball hub. 

• Like 1

Sigh I’m so torn between him and Derrick white. I feel like he’s more of a traditional pass first pg with low tos like Monte Morris but lacks the steals and blocks department... hopefully he’s improved since last year!

1 hour ago, XNW said:

Sigh I’m so torn between him and Derrick white. I feel like he’s more of a traditional pass first pg with low tos like Monte Morris but lacks the steals and blocks department... hopefully he’s improved since last year!

Eh, go Sato. 

You might have other chances to get White off waivers later in the year. Sato is a get now or never waiver option. Assuming he doesn't fall flat on his face soon.

Is my sarcasm meter reading right? You noticed the 11 rebounds and 2 steals on 50% shooting right?

• Like 1