Preparing the Kool-Aid

Waiver Wire Gem(s) of the Year 2018-2019

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, taenggg said:

Siakam is the only choice

He was the first person that came to mind. I'm mad at myself for not getting him. Like who knew til he starting putting up those numbers. I don't think he was on anybody radar prior to the draft this year, but we know now. He's a big part why TOR is crushing it this year. Yeah, agree with you on Siakam..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Forever Smooth said:

He was the first person that came to mind. I'm mad at myself for not getting him. Like who knew til he starting putting up those numbers. I don't think he was on anybody radar prior to the draft this year, but we know now. He's a big part why TOR is crushing it this year. Yeah, agree with you on Siakam..

By the way, I was gonna give my input, but you beat me to it. Piggy backing off you..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Siakam

Harrell
T.J Warren

Lamb
Justin Holiday

SGA
Danny Green

 

and hopefully Mikal Bridges cus i just picked him up :wub:

Edited by Lob City99
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harrell, Rose, McGruder so far.  Missed out on all 3 of them. Oh and I guess I could throw in Justin Holiday.  Missed out on him too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

A lot these nominations don't seem like "true waiver wire" guys.

 

Gotta disagree a little bit.

 

Not many were buying Siakam at the start of the season, for example. A lot of the "gems" are former dumpster fires like D Rose. Justin Holiday showed a little something last year but he has been $$$ so far this year, not sure many targeted him in drafts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of those mentioned, JJJ, Bojan Bogdanovic, Sabonis, LeVert, McGee, Danny Green, Bamba, Bagley, Dinwiddie, Crowder & KCP were drafted in my 12 teamer (13 players, snake).

Obviously not the case in every league. Bogdanovic, Crowder and Green were last round picks, Dinwiddie second last.

Edited by Preparing the Kool-Aid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rudy Gay went undrafted in my 12-team league. So far he posts top 75 value whenever he plays healthy minutes. Not season-saving pickup but has been solid for me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real gems are not the guys you wanted but didn't have the roster space for--which is what I think alot of these players are.

 

The true gems are the ones that were on no one's radar. That weren't even given a thought during your draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sickrookie said:

Rudy Gay went undrafted in my 12-team league. So far he posts top 75 value whenever he plays healthy minutes. Not season-saving pickup but has been solid for me.

Sounds like of fantasy morons in that league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

under 50% draft rate on Yahoo and ESPN to qualify

 

Harrell, Siakam, Gay, Sabonis don't qualify (I drafted them all too)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, richg24 said:

Top 5:

 

1. Warren

2. Siakam

3. Harrell

4. Shai

5. Moore

 

In most leagues Siakam and Warren were drafted. Both were drafted and dropped at one point in my 12 teamer. 

 

Predicting future wire breakouts (either before or after ASB):

 

1. Robinson

2. Bamba

3. Bagley

4. Osman

5. KCP

either before or after ASB....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Bkswag said:

Bogdan!!!!!!!

Actually I meant Bojan ... so confusing lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 8:36 AM, richg24 said:

Top 5:

 

1. Warren

2. Siakam

3. Harrell

4. Shai

5. Moore

 

In most leagues Siakam and Warren were drafted. Both were drafted and dropped at one point in my 12 teamer. 

 

Predicting future wire breakouts (either before or after ASB):

 

1. Robinson

2. Bamba

3. Bagley

4. Osman

5. KCP

KCP :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in a 20 teamer. 

 

Pretty happy with my waiver pick ups - Siakam and SGA. I've also got JI who could still become something.

 

I held Justin Holiday briefly but I don't regret dropping him too much as it probably would have meant missing out on one of the above. Even though he's going well for the moment I already had a surplus of wings and decided to keep Lamb instead.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trey Burke could be a wire gem if Fizdale stops f*****g with the rotations. Kid can score and distribute and if he gets the minutes, can put up great ROS value. if you have someone you don't care about dropping I think Burke is worth taking a gamble on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Trey Burke could be a wire gem if Fizdale stops f*****g with the rotations. Kid can score and distribute and if he gets the minutes, can put up great ROS value. if you have someone you don't care about dropping I think Burke is worth taking a gamble on.

Yes..i mean he experimented w French dude and Mudiay (i think?) now it's time to let Trey run the show.

 

He's the best combo guard and he produced four games in a row. I picked him up..too much production to be left on waiver wire B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, flat_eric said:

I'm in a 20 teamer. 

 

Pretty happy with my waiver pick ups - Siakam and SGA. I've also got JI who could still become something.

 

I held Justin Holiday briefly but I don't regret dropping him too much as it probably would have meant missing out on one of the above. Even though he's going well for the moment I already had a surplus of wings and decided to keep Lamb instead.

 

 

 

Sorry but horrible league if Siakam and SGA were waiver wire guys in a 20 teamer.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

 

Sorry but horrible league if Siakam and SGA were waiver wire guys in a 20 teamer.


Nah competitive $200 league.

 

Siakam was drafted and dropped after a couple of ordinary games to start the season and I swooped just before his run.

 

Similarly SGA was picked up then dropped and I swooped just before he was made the starter.

 

Fortunate timing on both occasions but I knew they had potential to break out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.