Sign in to follow this  
TTo34

Where Did the Timestamp Go?

Was this a recent change?  I swear the timestamp used to come after the date here.  Personally I found it extremely helpful when viewing historical information, as the time provides context to the information being displayed.

It seems you can view the timestamp when you hover over the date, but that's just an unnecessary waste of time.

WhereIsTimestamp.jpg

I believe it shows posted just now if it's under a minute, posted X minutes ago if it's under an hour, posted X hours ago if it's under 24 hours, posted yesterday at XX:XX if posted under 48 hours ago, posted [day of week] at XX:XX if posted less than a week ago, date if posted longer than that but in the current year, and date with year if posted outside of the current year.

Examples:
Posted just now
Posted 48 minutes ago
Posted 12 hours ago
Posted yesterday at 1:00pm
Posted Thursday at 3:15pm
Posted November 11
Posted October 15, 2017

And as you mentioned, if you hover over the posting you get the entire timestamp (i.e. 11/24/18 at 07:21pm). Maybe this was a change from how it used to be, but this is how it is now. Honestly would just be easier to put the timestamp down and have people figure out how long ago that was.

Edited by Idoolittle
  • Thanks 1

On 11/25/2018 at 11:21 AM, Idoolittle said:

I believe it shows posted just now if it's under a minute, posted X minutes ago if it's under an hour, posted X hours ago if it's under 24 hours, posted yesterday at XX:XX if posted under 48 hours ago, posted [day of week] at XX:XX if posted less than a week ago, date if posted longer than that but in the current year, and date with year if posted outside of the current year.

Examples:
Posted just now
Posted 48 minutes ago
Posted 12 hours ago
Posted yesterday at 1:00pm
Posted Thursday at 3:15pm
Posted November 11
Posted October 15, 2017

And as you mentioned, if you hover over the posting you get the entire timestamp (i.e. 11/24/18 at 07:21pm). Maybe this was a change from how it used to be, but this is how it is now. Honestly would just be easier to put the timestamp down and have people figure out how long ago that was.

Agree 100%