Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fontaine

Rotoworld Dynasty Football League

Let the draft talk and speculation begin! Dynasty drafts are very interesting. AP #1? Where does the aging LT fall to? Where will McFadden be picked up?

It's high tech stuff.

I'm gonna hit the randomize button, 14 time's, 1 time for every team in the league.

That's high tech too.

B)

I think you have it set up for 2 IDP. Why don't you up it to like 6 guys. I like the idea of having your IDP's going off offsetting the weeks where your offense doesn't get you much points. I don't think it takes much research to pick IDP's with your last 2 picks in the current system.

I think you have it set up for 2 IDP. Why don't you up it to like 6 guys. I like the idea of having your IDP's going off offsetting the weeks where your offense doesn't get you much points. I don't think it takes much research to pick IDP's with your last 2 picks in the current system.

I don't think starting 6 Independent Defensive Players wouldn't be good. I was thinking of 3, maybe, Mayyyybe, 4, but settled on 2 rather then over stretching the offense. I don't know how everyone feel's about more then 2 IDP's, so if some members want to chime in on it, we could adjust accordingly.

Also, their is still 1 open spot.

I don't think it takes much research to pick IDP's with your last 2 picks in the current system.

You might not want to wait until your last 2 pick's to pick up these defensive player's. They are just as valueable as other stars at other positions.

You might not want to wait until your last 2 pick's to pick up these defensive player's. They are just as valueable as other stars at other positions.

If we are able to start 4, you'll have to select atleast 2-3 before the last round(s). I just feel if we only have 2 IDP, they will be just another K or DEF, where you can pick up the flavor(s) of the week and get solid production from them. I was in a league last year (my first w/IDP) and we started 8 total and I loved it. I was able to grab the Harris' of the world while others were stuck picking up the Porters of the world for their WR3 slots. Plus it puts more trade value on IDP too. I later packaged Harris to get Andre Johnson. Let's see how other managers feel; that works for me.

If we are able to start 4, you'll have to select atleast 2-3 before the last round(s). I just feel if we only have 2 IDP, they will be just another K or DEF, where you can pick up the flavor(s) of the week and get solid production from them. I was in a league last year (my first w/IDP) and we started 8 total and I loved it. I was able to grab the Harris' of the world while others were stuck picking up the Porters of the world for their WR3 slots. Plus it puts more trade value on IDP too. I later packaged Harris to get Andre Johnson. Let's see how other managers feel; that works for me.

i hope you enjoyed AJ, it was too little too late for me by the time i made that trade. and i cant stress enough how valuable those IDP's are. i was grabbing Kevin Curtis and Ahman Greens while everyone was getting Urlachers and Willis...i finished like 9 of 12.

Ironmike brought up some really good points. To me, 4-6 IDPs would be ideal.

By the way, now that we're at full capacity, what day/month is being targeted to start the draft?

Also, can't wait to find out the draft order. B)

I have taken everyone's idea of adding more IDP's, and added two more spot, to make a total of 4 IDP's. I did this in part because of members really wanting to add more, and that in real life NFL defensive players are just as valueable and should be in this Dynasty League aswell.

I have randomized the order. I hit the randomize button 14 time's to make it as fair as possible, once for every team in the league.

Here is the 2008 draft order:

1) Tackledummies

2) RDT

3) Brett's Hitmen

4) Cyberer's Pain Train

5) IronMike's IronMen

6) Murderer's Row

7) Fontaine

8) Idiots in Italica

9) Bayonne Hitmen

10) Menaces Of The Dark

11) Eternal Blaze

12) Dublin Seahawks

13) Stifler

14) Cobra Kai

The draft will start tommorow, Sunday, June 15 at 6 am. Their isn't a time limet on the pick's because we have ample time before the season start's. If it drag's bad enough, we can apply a time limet down the road.

Feel free to let Peterson drop to 6th guys B)

Anyone to looking to swap picks, send me a PM. Although, I'm pretty satisfied with my pick.

This is Stifler, just registered a new account here in Roto because I used my primary Yahoo account here so it will be the same with the account I used in our Dyanasty League. Damn, don't really like the 13th spot, but we'll see I'm hoping some high upside guys drop to me

Any mocks so I can predict who drops down to me?

Hey fontaine, suggestion here-

is it possible for you (the commish) to input the player we pick into our roster as soon as we make the selection? That way, it will be easier for us to track who's been drafted and who's available. Thanks

This is Stifler, just registered a new account here in Roto because I used my primary Yahoo account here so it will be the same with the account I used in our Dyanasty League. Damn, don't really like the 13th spot, but we'll see I'm hoping some high upside guys drop to me

Any mocks so I can predict who drops down to me?

13th is ok, IMO. Then again, I like drafting close to the turn.

Hey fontaine, suggestion here-

is it possible for you (the commish) to input the player we pick into our roster as soon as we make the selection? That way, it will be easier for us to track who's been drafted and who's available. Thanks

Once the 1st pick is made i will open the league. After pick 1.1, each team will just pick up their selection like a regular add from the free agent pool. They then will post their pick here. I'll keep a running list of picks, round by round aswell.

I don't expect LT to slip far. I'll be pretty surprised if he slips out of the top 3, which I've seen happen in a couple of dynasty mocks.

Just as a FYI, i think it would be good for all Rotoworlders to state what team they are, since its not clear to most by their team name.

Quickster12 = Bayonne Hitmen.

I'm running Murderer's Row, drafting in the 6th slot.

8th

I'm running Murderer's Row, drafting in the 6th slot.

not to be confused with max_murderer's row in the rotowood league. the name's been good luck for me, enjoy it BigH!

I obviously was the team name of RDT, but I've changed it to Clowns R Us