Dirty Little Birdie

Alex Reyes 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, dicka24 said:

I think Carlos Martinez will get a rotation spot before Reyes does.

Regardless of Martinez, Reyes will be getting a rotation spot when Moleziak thinks he's ready. Getting Reyes back on track is of PARAMOUNT IMPORTANCE for this organization.  Reyes isn't being jerked around anymore. He's getting a couple starts where they have a DH, then he's moving up to (likely) Memphis, where everyone and their mother is praying he continues to progress after a few starts. 

There is no player who stands in front of Alex Reyes when he is deemed ready. Can we all just get on that page already? This stuff is blatantly obvious.

• Like 2

Anyone jumping on NOW?  If martinez won't be a starter and hudson struggles could this guy be starting within a few weeks?

2 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

If only this dude could stay healthy. He has some of the best stuff in baseball.

Yeah he’s had some injury issues but this last thing was self inflicted. What would this thread look like today if he hadn’t broken the finger? Dude might be in the starting rotation now, we all know he has the stuff for it. Not many WW adds with his talent. Probably a long shot but I’m paying close attention. 

I went ahead and dropped Cmart and piked this kid up in all my leagues.  At this point in the season I think his upside makes him a must add if he's available.  I am honestly not expecting much.  He walks alot of guys, hasn't pitched much in a couple of years, and is always injured. The stuff is elite tho.

On 5/29/2019 at 5:44 PM, Call me Red said:

Starting in AAA on Sunday.  

• Like 1

Getting knocked around 4 er in 4 ip and 3k... I’ll wait on the add

20 minutes ago, Jor357 said:

Dude got shelled . 

4.2 7er 3bb 

Not what you want to see. Eeesh. 

The control problems all year, punching a wall, now this as soon as they move him back to AAA. I think it’s pretty deep in his head at this point.

Really hope this dude gets on track at some point cause he could be special, but yeah I need to see a lot before I'm buying in for fantasy purposes. 

I think we may have to wait until next year before this guy produces in the bigs. Reyes needs a lot more time to clear his head and get things straightened out. He pitches like Darvish's little brother.

Posted (edited)

Reyes is in the discussion to enter the Cardinals' starting rotation as early as next weekend versus the Cubs, Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.

Reyes was officially transferred to Triple-A Memphis to start Sunday after spending the previous couple weeks at High-A Palm Beach while recovering from a finger injury. The young right-hander has thrown only three innings in the majors this season after starting the year in a bullpen role before he was quickly sent down to the minors.  (Possible wildcard...contemplating)

Edited by NapPYdugout
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, NapPYdugout said:

Reyes is in the discussion to enter the Cardinals' starting rotation as early as next weekend versus the Cubs, Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.

Reyes was officially transferred to Triple-A Memphis to start Sunday after spending the previous couple weeks at High-A Palm Beach while recovering from a finger injury. The young right-hander has thrown only three innings in the majors this season after starting the year in a bullpen role before he was quickly sent down to the minors.  (Possible wildcard...contemplating)

Since this statement was released he got absolutely obliterated in his AAA game today.

Posted (edited)

Odd that Cards would state this before he even took the hill today. The upside is so dazzling which makes this all so frustrating 

Edited by slaphitter

3 minutes ago, robbybobby005 said:

... he has too much talent not to figure this out soon 

I've got five hundred schrute bucks that says he doesn't figure it out soon.