Dirty Little Birdie

Alex Reyes 2019 Outlook

Posted (edited)

[...] It looks like he has a lot of improvements to make. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

I dropped him due to Gallen and Logan Allen getting the calls.

I have a strong feeling that the Cardinals are gonna throw Reyes out there ASAP.  They are losing like crazy, and their savior, Paul Goldshmidt has been a major let down thus far ( Buy Low though ).  St Louis is desperate to shake things up, plus their patience is running thin on the guy the organization has seen as their future ace for 3-4 years now.  

I'm gonna predict Reyes starts after 1 more AAA outing.  However, I'm not convinced he'll bomb at the Major League level.  His stuff is ridiculously nasty.  I'm talking filthy beyond any other prospect.  There's no way to know if he can, at least slightly, get his command figured out.  If he does, he's gonna strike out nearly 12 per 9 though in MLB.  Even with a 4 ERA, he could be seriously valuable in this case.  If I can make a 2 for 1 trade in the next few days, I'm gonna pick him back up.  If you have the space for him, and Allen / Gallen ( especially ) aren't sitting on your Waiver Wire, you might wanna hang onto Reyes. 

Even if you don't believe in him this year, he could have a great first outing with 7ip and 11k's or something, and it'll create crazy buzz beyond most other prospects because of the anticipation these past few years, and everyone in Fantasy's need for pitching improvements for their roster.  You could trade him for someone more proven, with less upside.  I'm probably going to go that route, if I can get him back.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HulkSmash said:

I dropped him due to Gallen and Logan Allen getting the calls.

I have a strong feeling that the Cardinals are gonna throw Reyes out there ASAP.  They are losing like crazy, and their savior, Paul Goldshmidt has been a major let down thus far ( Buy Low though ).  St Louis is desperate to shake things up, plus their patience is running thin on the guy the organization has seen as their future ace for 3-4 years now.  

I'm gonna predict Reyes starts after 1 more AAA outing.  However, I'm not convinced he'll bomb at the Major League level.  His stuff is ridiculously nasty.  I'm talking filthy beyond any other prospect.  There's no way to know if he can, at least slightly, get his command figured out.  If he does, he's gonna strike out nearly 12 per 9 though in MLB.  Even with a 4 ERA, he could be seriously valuable in this case.  If I can make a 2 for 1 trade in the next few days, I'm gonna pick him back up.  If you have the space for him, and Allen / Gallen ( especially ) aren't sitting on your Waiver Wire, you might wanna hang onto Reyes. 

Even if you don't believe in him this year, he could have a great first outing with 7ip and 11k's or something, and it'll create crazy buzz beyond most other prospects because of the anticipation these past few years, and everyone in Fantasy's need for pitching improvements for their roster.  You could trade him for someone more proven, with less upside.  I'm probably going to go that route, if I can get him back.

Losing like crazy? Shake it up? They have won 4 of 6 and 6 and 4 in L10.  Over .500

I do think from a fan perspective the patience has worn thin. Cardinals FO doesnt really give up on guys they drafted high and developed in the system, especially pitchers. 

I haven't watched his outings this far in minors since return so I can't say much on that. 

I think he has some weight on his shoulders now with some pressure of fans and FO to prove himself as that guy still.  Not 1 or 2 outings but a solid bunch of legitimate looking starts so maybe that's good 

41 minutes ago, machine3 said:

Right pectoral discomfort. 

for those of you that doesn't know Spanish, Alex Reyes translates to "Brandon Morrow".

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Is Alex Reyes healthy yet? Is he going to start pitching again soon? I'm not even sure if I should care anymore...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, BCMarch10 said:

Is Alex Reyes healthy yet? Is he going to start pitching again soon? I'm not even sure if I should care anymore...

He’s not a fantasy option this year. That’s it. Everyone needs to move on. Dynasty or keeper leagues. Enjoy. Don’t know, nor necessarily care how hard that predicament is.

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Like 2