tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2018 Week 13

tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2018 Week 13

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 13 of the 2018 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggetions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

Chris Conley with Watkins DNP coming out of the bye- not a good sign for Watkins and perhaps Conley with again another great opportunity.

Josh Doctson...10 targets at DAL, more involved since Richardson went down. Small sample size, but McCoy seems to trust him more than Smith did & they’re in the playoff hunt

• Like 1

Chris Hogan-  Any time TB is throwing a lot he could be a DART THROW.  Had 2 catches for 50 yrs and Tom only completed 20 passes all game.  Gordon not in football shape down the stretch,  Gronk always banged up, and Edelman or RB's get the dump offs.

Chris Conley-  Watkins not looking good for this week. Probably wont need to pass 50 times against Oakland so could be more of a Hunt/Ware game which means Ware is in Play

Malcolm Brown-  Gurley rolled his ankle and Brown could be in line for more mop up work plus he and Ware are best lottery tickets in town

Also Devonta Freeman-  Can play Week 16-17 if needed coming off IR- Could be a stash but could ride the pine if ATL is not in the playoff picture which they aren't at the moment

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ReggiesBush said:

Chris Hogan-  Any time TB is throwing a lot he could be a DART THROW.  Had 2 catches for 50 yrs and Tom only completed 20 passes all game.  Gordon not in football shape down the stretch,  Gronk always banged up, and Edelman or RB's get the dump offs.

Chris Conley-  Watkins not looking good for this week. Probably wont need to pass 50 times against Oakland so could be more of a Hunt/Ware game which means Ware is in Play

Malcolm Brown-  Gurley rolled his ankle and Brown could be in line for more mop up work plus he and Ware are best lottery tickets in town

Chris Hogan plays for the Patriots. Do you mean Adam Humphries?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mikeyvegas said:

Chris Hogan plays for the Patriots. Do you mean Adam Humphries?

....TB meaning Tom Brady. You're better than that.

Just now, bgar15 said:

Oops my bad. as a Patriots fan I don't know if I could trust him but yeah I suppose he could catch a touchdown or two you never know. Dart throw.

29 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

This gave me a chuckle.  :lol:

On 11/27/2018 at 3:10 PM, Geauxtigers504 said:

Add Adam Shaheen to the watch list

Yeah cause the bears one tight end is killing it:blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

McKissic activated from IR, a definite longshot to make a difference with 3 other RBs, but I think there’s a side to him we aren’t seeing. Otherwise wouldn’t make any sense to bring back unless they want to make this backfield 10 times more confusing to fantasy managers. 

Kenneth Dixon (Baltimore RB’s all banged up) Talented when healthy.

4 hours ago, mjb said:

Kenneth Dixon (Baltimore RB’s all banged up) Talented when healthy.

Don’t go too far buddy, said the same thing about a week ago and someone wanted to argue about depth lol

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, ReggiesBush said:

According to Sean McVay regarding Gurley's ankle...

"He’s feeling good. I think the bye week served him really well and he’s a tough player. We expect him to be ready to go and 100 percent.”

Edited by Jags02

Thoughts on WRs beyond the Josh/Adam/Godwin..

I'm thinking

Pettis

Ellington

3 hours ago, maxim730 said:

Thoughts on WRs beyond the Josh/Adam/Godwin..

I'm thinking

Pettis

Ellington

Pettis if Goodwin and Garcon are out,

Ellington for PPR.

Marcell Ateman 10 targets last week plays chiefs this week

Trey Quinn 8 and 13 points 2 weeks in a row only if Crowder is out.

Super flier Jake Kumerow, hope he can take the wr2 from MVS and EqBrown

Goodwin? Crabtree? Snead? (Flacco Maine starting soon), stills bounce back after those comments? Seems like all in the same ehh category but maybe monitor?

Not to beat a dead horse but all I'm looking for at this point in the season are guys I would potentially start in the playoffs. It's too late in the season for the player of the week types to have any impact for (fantasy) playoff teams, unless you were just ravaged with late season injuries. I'm loading my bench with handcuffs that would immediately be RB1s, i.e. Ware, Brown, Dixon, Burkhead. The other thing I'd be looking for is Defenses with good matchups in week 15/16. Would MUCH rather have a cuff to my RB, and would also prefer to have a great D matchup than a WR4 that I know won't sniff my lineup ROS.

Edited by BGDDYKWL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ware!!!!!!!!!!!

10 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Not to beat a dead horse but all I'm looking for at this point in the season are guys I would potentially start in the playoffs. It's too late in the season for the player of the week types to have any impact for (fantasy) playoff teams, unless you were just ravaged with late season injuries. I'm loading my bench with handcuffs that would immediately be RB1s, i.e. Ware, Brown, Dixon, Burkhead. The other thing I'd be looking for is Defenses with good matchups in week 15/16. Would MUCH rather have a cuff to my RB, and would also prefer to have a great D matchup than a WR4 that I know won't sniff my lineup ROS.

This post. This is the post that convinced me to pick up Ware despite not being a Hunt owner. Big props. I had Ware before I news broke.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mikeyvegas said:

This post. This is the post that convinced me to pick up Ware despite not being a Hunt owner. Big props. I had Ware before I news broke.

Nice job - likely changing my team name to Waiver Ware in honor of what may be the single biggest one day FA acquisition in the history of fantasy football.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dark One said:

Nice job - likely changing my team name to Waiver Ware in honor of what may be the single biggest one day FA acquisition in the history of fantasy football.

Larry Johnson went berserk the second half that year after Priest Holmes went down.  That might have been the biggest one ever.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Larry Johnson went berserk the second half that year after Priest Holmes went down.  That might have been the biggest one ever.

No doubt - he was incredible, but what I meant was that Ware may be the single biggest one day add in FF history in terms of sheer volume. He's been added in over 604,000 Yahoo leagues alone today.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dark One said:

No doubt - he was incredible, but what I meant was that Ware may be the single biggest one day add in FF history in terms of sheer volume. He's been added in over 604,000 Yahoo leagues alone today.

Not sure.  What was Chubbs?

1 hour ago, kdko said:

Not sure.  What was Chubbs?

It was a lot, but definitely wasn't that many - something like 350,000 on waiver day itself because his pick up alert came after his game was played so the pickup was spread out from Sunday to waiver wire day (typically Wednesday). Ware's pickup came after weekly waivers processed and was one of (if not the biggest) single day "mad rush" add I can remember. The final tally yesterday was 608,558 adds on Yahoo alone.

Edited by Dark One