NFBC ADP has been posted now that 5 drafts have completed.  Thoughts?  

https://playnfbc.shgn.com/adp

EDIT:  They're missing players who do not have an MLB at bat or IP.  Vlad is going in the 3rd round.  

Edited by kidtwentytwo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

its very similar to what many of us thought.  surprised Baez in in the first round but thats about it

• Like 1

Altuve from consensus #2 to #16th? 

Who is the 2019 version of Altuve? (Who is the next top 5 player who will be a second rounder next year?

11 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Who is the 2019 version of Altuve? (Who is the next top 5 player who will be a second rounder next year?

Scherzer if going by these ADP.  Top 5 of Trout, Betts, JoRam, Lindor, Yelich, (JDM, Turner) are close also. Id pick Trea Turner as the possible altuve. 

2 hours ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Altuve's drop off in numbers were due to an injury in July.   He was limited to 137 games last year and his first half numbers were good.

I see him having a nice bounce back season and very nice value if he drops to the second round.   Turns 29 in May.

Altuve's surgery was to repair a patella (kneecap) avulsion fracture in his right knee.

Altuve is expected to make a full recovery and be ready for Spring Training.

https://www.mlb.com/news/jose-altuve-recovering-from-right-knee-surgery/c-299383368

• Like 2

There are a lot of names in the 2nd and 3rd round who I am very intrigued by...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, parrothead said:

There are a lot of names in the 2nd and 3rd round who I am very intrigued by...

100%. There is a ton of both proven and youth in that 13 to 40ish spot. 

1B - Aguilar as the 6th 1B off the board at pick 79.  Steamer has it going .242 with 29 HR's.  Very similar numbers projected for Smoak and he's the 22nd 1B taken at pick 236.  I've seen some other sites say what he did at the end of 2017 and the 2018 is legit.  Even if he's between last year and Steamer projections, it seems like he's going high?  But as I say that, looking at the names behind him, I don't see too many I'm excited about.  1B feels very thin this year.

SS - 6 players in the 1st 18 picks!  Correa is the 7th SS off the board at 43.  Feels like it could be a steal?  Only 24 and still lots of room for growth if he stays healthy.

OF - Dahl at 70 seems pretty high.  Steamer really likes him this year.  Other sites that have done write ups have concerns (rotoprofessor).  Not sure what to expect from him, but would not take him this early.

SP - Darvish at 155.  Was pick 44 last year (12th SP taken).  Seems like potential value here?

• Like 3

Carlos Martinez ADP over 100 is an easy buy for me especially because on the rare chance he stays in the bullpen he’d close.

This is a guy who was a consensus top 50 pick for years now and he eats innings when healthy.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Magoo said:

Carlos Martinez ADP over 100 is an easy buy for me especially because on the rare chance he stays in the bullpen he’d close.

This is a guy who was a consensus top 50 pick for years now and he eats innings when healthy.

I think how he ended the year in the pen, I think the emergence of several pitchers is also a factor, I think this years pitchers pool for say guys P1-P3 types is a little deeper.  Come draft season in Feb/March if he is projected back in the rotation (which I am confident he will be) his stock will rise.  He is a good example of the earlier you draft, the better chance at some value if you can read the tea leaves or project a bit on your own.  

On 12/2/2018 at 12:11 AM, svdude said:

SS - 6 players in the 1st 18 picks!  Correa is the 7th SS off the board at 43.  Feels like it could be a steal?  Only 24 and still lots of room for growth if he stays healthy.

Friggin' Corey Seager at 90

They now include guys like Vlad at 37 and Eloy at 116 (but Min. 54)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GretzGretzky said:

Dahl at 69, wow

That max pick at 94 is me.  I don’t just the guy to stay healthy, but at some point you have to take the plunge.

12 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

That max pick at 94 is me.  I don’t just the guy to stay healthy, but at some point you have to take the plunge.

Yeah, I have him on a keep 8, I thought he'd fall outside the range of the 96 keepers, but he's right there.

Edited by GretzGretzky

On 12/7/2018 at 7:49 AM, Backdoor Slider said:

Niiiice

I took him with the 64th pick in the recent mock we did.  Which was 3rd pick of 6th round moving away from me, so 17 picks until next pick, I was pretty confident he was not gonna make it back to me.  My guess is you will start to see him go off the board 5th-6th round in most average size/setup leagues, maybe creep into the 4-5 turn range as we get closer to draft season. 

Jake Bauers at 250+ is a steal IMO.  He is projected to bat 5th for Indians.  Could easily finish a top 150 overall player, with an outside chance at top 100.  Good hit tool, moderate power and speed combo.  Outside shot at 20/20 with a solid Avg.  Plus should be dual eligible (1B/OF) to increase value.  Pick 250 way too late for a young player with his upside.

• Like 1

Another one is Ryan OHearn at 330+.  Another young player with great power.  Also projected to bat 5th in KC.  Should be starting 1B fo KC, without really anyone to push him for PT.

From CBS:

Not much was expected from Ryan O'Hearn, but he ended up being one of the top power hitters in the entire league after his late-July callup, even boosting some deep-league owners to championships. He mashed 12 homers and posted a ridiculous .336 ISO in 170 plate appearances

Pick 330 is way too late for a player with his potential.  

• Like 1

On 1/28/2019 at 12:58 PM, parrothead said:

FSTA draft concluded and the results were pretty interesting - 14 teamer. 

https://www.rtsports.com/siriusxm

Just at a glance,  seems incredibly high on Whit.