FF4life

Matt Lacosse 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, poofinger said:

 

I don’t know. With Lacoste we have the unknown.   With Everett we sort of know what we get and have to hope for another two TD game.  

 

Not sure about this logic... I'd gladly take a 1 TD game from either of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, collucho said:

I don't see them needing to throw too much.

Hasn't McVay proven that he doesn't care how much he's up by, he's calling pass plays.  That said I'm rolling the dice with the little green gator. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see a safer floor with Lacoste.  There will be targets, and you hope for 4-5 receptions for 40-60 yards with a chance at a TD.  Not great, but won't kill you.  I feel with Everett, there is so much competition for targets that you almost have to hope for a TD. 

 

Changing direction here.  What about Jonnu Smith vs The Croc?  Smith with double digit points in four straight games in full PPR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CooL said:

I see a safer floor with Lacoste.  There will be targets, and you hope for 4-5 receptions for 40-60 yards with a chance at a TD.  Not great, but won't kill you.  I feel with Everett, there is so much competition for targets that you almost have to hope for a TD. 

 

Changing direction here.  What about Jonnu Smith vs The Croc?  Smith with double digit points in four straight games in full PPR.

I picked up Jonnu but I sure wish someone had a crystal ball to tell me who is the better play going forward between him, The Croc and Everett/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, collucho said:

Someone convince me to pick this guy up and start him over Gerald Everett.

 

With both available, I chose Lacosse. Reason for me was simply a matter of opportunity. 

 

Everett, even since Kupp went down, has gotten 2, 5, 2 and 4 targets. He managed to turn those 4 targets into 2 TD which is highly unlikely to repeat itself. 

 

Higbee actually gets targeted more than Everett. 

 

With Denver, they feature the TE more. Heuerman had 11 targets in 1 game. Now he’s gone and how deep can they possibly be? They are onto their 4th TE of the year, what’s the chances that a practice squad TE signed a couple weeks ago will eat into his target share? 

 

Anyways do as you will, this was my thought process. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, smeeze said:

 

Not sure about this logic... I'd gladly take a 1 TD game from either of them. 

 

 

Obviously.  

 

My point is. 

 

Everett’s situation hasn’t changed.  He’s averaged about 2.5 targets per game.  Last week he had two touchdowns in a game for the ages.  Sort of have to hope for that again.  

 

Lacoste is an unknown.  Will he get 10 targets?   Maybe.   Will he get 2?  Maybe. 

 

I’d rather roll with the upside of the unknown than knowing what I have in Everett, 2-3 targets and I have to hope for a TD.  

 

I’m in PPR so maybe my logic is different. 

 

 

Edited by poofinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, poofinger said:

 

I don’t know. With Lacoste we have the unknown.   With Everett we sort of know what we get and have to hope for another two TD game.  

 

He could even be a boat!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, poofinger said:

Everett’s situation hasn’t changed.  He’s averaged about 2.5 targets per game.  Last week he had two touchdowns in a game for the ages.  Sort of have to hope for that again.  

 

Lacoste is an unknown.  Will he get 10 targets?   Maybe.   Will he get 2?  Maybe. 

 

I’d rather roll with the upside of the unknown than knowing what I have in Everett, 2-3 targets and I have to hope for a TD.  

 

You're discounting the possibility that Everett's role could grow based on his recent performances. If Lacosse can get 10 targets in your little hypothetical, why can't Everett get 5-7? The logic is bad.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smeeze said:

 

You're discounting the possibility that Everett's role could grow based on his recent performances. If Lacosse can get 10 targets in your little hypothetical, why can't Everett get 5-7? The logic is bad.

 

You’re making this far more difficult than it needs to be. 

 

Everett has played in 11 games and his maximum targets were 5.  Why would a team that is 10-1 say let’s start getting this guy more involved?   He had two touchdowns.  I don’t like to rely on touchdowns.  He averages 2-3 targets per game. That won’t change.  I prefer targets when taking a crap shot on a player.  

 

Lacoste had more targets in one half of football.  

 

Hypothetically Everett COULD get 5-7 targets but previous games show otherwise.  

 

My Aunt COULD grow balls and become my uncle.  

 

Stop arguing and drop Everett for Lacoste

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, poofinger said:

 

You’re making this far more difficult than it needs to be. 

 

Everett has played in 11 games and his maximum targets were 5.  Why would a team that is 10-1 say let’s start getting this guy more involved?   He had two touchdowns.  I don’t like to rely on touchdowns.  He averages 2-3 targets per game. That won’t change.  I prefer targets when taking a crap shot on a player.  

 

Lacoste had more targets in one half of football.  

 

Hypothetically Everett COULD get 5-7 targets but previous games show otherwise.  

 

My Aunt COULD grow balls and become my uncle.  

 

Stop arguing and drop Everett for Lacoste

 

Lacosse had 4 targets last week... what is this incoherent rambling 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, smeeze said:

 

Lacosse had 4 targets last week... what is this incoherent rambling 

 

 

 

 

Right.  After Huerman played 43 snaps with two catches for 44 yards left the game.   Your arguments are getting weaker.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, poofinger said:

Why would a team that is 10-1 say let’s start getting this guy more involved?    

 

One of their best WR Cooper Kupp has been placed on IR with a torn ACL, opening up a ton of targets on this offense.

 

14 minutes ago, poofinger said:

He had two touchdowns.  I don’t like to rely on touchdowns.  

 

Welcome to the tight end position in fantasy football 2018

 

14 minutes ago, poofinger said:

He averages 2-3 targets per game. That won’t change. 

 

Won't change according to who? You? k.

 

16 minutes ago, poofinger said:

I prefer targets when taking a crap shot on a player.  

 

Sweet, I prefer QUALITY of targets when taking a crap shot on a player. Give me Goff over Keenum every day and twice on Sundays.

 

17 minutes ago, poofinger said:

Stop arguing and drop Everett for Lacoste

 

Don't tell me what to do. Your logic sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, billydough said:

Damn these hype trains, you guys have me considering dropping Brate or Herndon for the 🐊

 

Herndon, sure go ahead. I wouldn't drop Brate though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jean René is about to ball out

Edited by BMcP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, smeeze said:

 

One of their best WR Cooper Kupp has been placed on IR with a torn ACL, opening up a ton of targets on this offense.

 

 

Welcome to the tight end position in fantasy football 2018

 

 

Won't change according to who? You? k.

 

 

Sweet, I prefer QUALITY of targets when taking a crap shot on a player. Give me Goff over Keenum every day and twice on Sundays.

 

 

Don't tell me what to do. Your logic sucks.

 

 

Josh Reynolds seems to be taking the Kupp targets.   Everett is holding steady at 2-4 targets.  Yay.  

 

Keenum did okay for Diggs AND Thielen AND Rudolph last year.  No?

 

just keep digging deeper 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, collucho said:

Keenum is his QB though :(

That is a definite positive for Mustache Matt.  Keenum adores throwing it to underneath receivers.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like Everette just not sure about the opportunity over Lacosse. My reasons are, 3 and 1/2 other mouths to feed on the Rams and I hear he’s not a great blocker so Higbee is on the field  for 70% of the snaps. Lacosse even tho he’s the guy now, he is like a 4th stringer and Heuerman wasn’t exactly all that steady himself before going on IR. I like Everette over Lacosse as a TE no doubt but not sure I like him over opportunity. Tough one here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

I really like Everette just not sure about the opportunity over Lacosse. My reasons are, 3 and 1/2 other mouths to feed on the Rams and I hear he’s not a great blocker so Higbee is on the field  for 70% of the snaps. Lacosse even tho he’s the guy now, he is like a 4th stringer and Heuerman wasn’t exactly all that steady himself before going on IR. I like Everette over Lacosse as a TE no doubt but not sure I like him over opportunity. Tough one here.

 

You guys are just ignoring the quality of the targets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still don't see why Everett is being considered over Higbee. It seems like everyone is jumping on the fact that Everett has better measurables, but the numbers don't lie in terms of snap count and percentage: Higbee plays more often and runs more routes. The only other TE that produces on very limited snaps/routes is Ebron, who has mind-melded with Luck this year. Quality of targets is great, but volume is still king...

 

In any case, I'm holding both LaCosse and Higbee and have no idea which to start... But let's be honest, this late into the season and this deep into the TE wire, it's a total crapshoot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2018 at 10:41 AM, saab93boi said:

Count me in on the Lacosse train.

 

Doyle went down for me and TE is a wasteland as far as options. 

 

Here's to him having a monster game against the Bengals! :D

 

Okay....i'm getting off at the next stop.  Yikes......

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow that sucked. How much worse can it get than a zero? I suppose he could get a handoff and then fumble. At least with that, I would take solace in knowing they actually wanted to get him the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.