Sign in to follow this  
Soccer8098

Alec Burks 2018-19 Season Outlook

Traded to Cleveland for Kyle Korver. Anything to see here for Alec? In the past he's been solid when given the opportunity. He might be the best guard on the Cavs roster.

Edited by Soccer8098

I think the jazz just included him because they didn't want to waive him.  I doubt he plays over hood or Clarkson.

i think hes a sleeper here's why....

cavs don't have a veteran guard other than hill, and hill's always injured meaning....

burks runs the point. what if he plays on the floor with the 2s?

edit: nvm harrison is the other veteran guard....got my hopes up

Edited by fantasm

1 minute ago, fantasm said:

cavs don't have a veteran guard other than hill, and hill's always injured meaning....

That's generally what Clarkson does.

3 minutes ago, fantasm said:

edit: nvm harrison is the other veteran guard....got my hopes up

I can see that, Cavs are trying to trade both Hill and JR as well.

correct me if i'm wrong but didnt burk run as a backup 1 in utah

he could be a backup veteran 1 on the cavs which they desperately need. but who knows maybe they'll just waive him or something or they dont play him at all.

17 minutes ago, fantasm said:

correct me if i'm wrong but didnt burk run as a backup 1 in utah

he could be a backup veteran 1 on the cavs which they desperately need. but who knows maybe they'll just waive him or something or they dont play him at all.

Cavs players as a whole are on tryouts for ROS:D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, DezedandConfused said:

Cavs players as a whole are on tryouts for ROS:D

yea i just realized the knicks are too....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Keeping an eye on him strictly because he has that PG eligibility in Yahoo.

• Like 1

I think they are going to keep him mainly just for a possible deadline trade to pickup an asset from a team that wants an expiring. Probably should get some minutes, but he is not good at all. Stay away.

i grabbed both in a 14 team league. I would think Korver is the winner here in this trade for guys who looking for 3s. Burk can always score but his expiring contract might mean he is not part of Cavs long term plan so that will not bold well. I would say Kyle Korver value up. Burk will be a wait and see.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, littlesamtung said:

Don't understand this trade. All Clarkson, Hood, and Burks all similar type of players.

Cavs got 2 2nd round picks as well, it's a win for them.

• Like 1

Yea the Cavs are selling their cap space to acquire picks right now. There was just news earlier today saying that they are willing to take on long term contracts to trade their vets away for picks

2 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

Yea the Cavs are selling their cap space to acquire picks right now. There was just news earlier today saying that they are willing to take on long term contracts to trade their vets away for picks

Another win for the Cavs, Burks is a UFA next season.

1 hour ago, Soccer8098 said:

Traded to Cleveland for Kyle Korver. Anything to see here for Alec? In the past he's been solid when given the opportunity. He might be the best guard on the Cavs roster.

He really hasn't. He's been bad at basketball since he got into the league. This reminds me of when Mudiay went to the Knicks and people started adding him. Granted Burks's statlines aren't quite as terrible for fantasy. This trade happened because Korver could potentially have value for the Jazz, and because the Cavs will take any picks they can get.

Are second round picks really worth that much considering the draft is only two rounds? Or how many second picks actually make a team over undrafted players?

Didn't watch the game and didn't really expect his stats to be this good. Do you think he'll be part of Cavs' rotation moving forward especially now that George Hill will return soon?

He has another game tomorrow. If you have dead weight, take a flier and see how it goes. If he has another solid game he’ll be gone for sure. 

And that game is against Toronto. It will be a real test to his value or a garbage time special.