Sign in to follow this  
Soccer8098

Alec Burks 2018-19 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

I added him because they have a game tomorrow. I think all I can do now is pray that he duplicates his stats today. Lol.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Extra_Rice said:

Contemplating if this guy can be decent in steals. 

 

He's never even averaged 1.0 spg throughout a single season, so why would one game make you think that this will suddenly change?

 

Burks should provide the Cavs with some scoring if he manages to stay healthy, but not a whole lot more than that. Something like 14-3-2 with 0.8 3PM, 0.6 SPG, 0.1 BPG is what I would expect of him if he manages to secure a steady 28+ MPG role for the Cavs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone thinking about picking him up this guy is absolute trash for fantasy.  Take it from a Jazz fan.  I’ve attempted at times to roster him.  He may sometimes score in the teens and hit a couple of threes which isn’t all that unique of a skill set.  But he will also go an entire week without getting a single assist or stock. There’s a reason why it took two second round picks to get a middle aged Korver out of the deal.  Hint: it wasn’t about getting Korver. It was about getting rid of Burks. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like he’ll be getting decent minutes. I’m neck and neck in points so i’ll take that empty statline for now. Holding for 4 games next week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

For anyone thinking about picking him up this guy is absolute trash for fantasy.  Take it from a Jazz fan.  I’ve attempted at times to roster him.  He may sometimes score in the teens and hit a couple of threes which isn’t all that unique of a skill set.  But he will also go an entire week without getting a single assist or stock. There’s a reason why it took two second round picks to get a middle aged Korver out of the deal.  Hint: it wasn’t about getting Korver. It was about getting rid of Burks. 

What if you already got your stocks and assists covered? He gives a boost in points and 3 pointers... I'll take it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2018 at 4:55 AM, WFK said:

 

He's never even averaged 1.0 spg throughout a single season, so why would one game make you think that this will suddenly change?

 

Burks should provide the Cavs with some scoring if he manages to stay healthy, but not a whole lot more than that. Something like 14-3-2 with 0.8 3PM, 0.6 SPG, 0.1 BPG is what I would expect of him if he manages to secure a steady 28+ MPG role for the Cavs.

That's what I'm hoping from him but I wouldn't mind if his points dropped by 1 or 2 and he gave us 1 and a half threes a game... at least for my deep 14 team 17 roster spot 15 cat league...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure about him, but I play with ftm. He has always went to the line 6-8 times when given the minutes to play. Took a flier and will hold him for a week.

 

Just know, George Hill came back and started next to Sexton yesterday.  He is another mouth to feed. Not a big mouth,  but one nonetheless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LW_00 said:

What if you already got your stocks and assists covered? He gives a boost in points and 3 pointers... I'll take it!

He might average 12 points and roughly 1 three a game, if he gets the minutes. Not really a boost by any means. Also, his fg% is pretty poor when you consider he doesn't make many 3's. 42.5% and 0.6 3's for his career. He's at 0.9 for the year but that fg% is 40%. About the only positive this guy brings is ft%. He's just not good.

Edited by HK-47

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s better then hood n clarkson 

 

and he can score worth an add. But he does score more in garbage time 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pyro7 said:

big game. anything here?

He's bad at basketball. I had him in DFS though. He's got about as much overall value as Hood, so he's not useless. But even if he gets 30 per in Cleveland you shouldn't expect much, he's just not a quality NBA player and has been in the league for years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Born_Slippy said:

Just look at the Cavs depth chart... 

 

He is worth an add IMO

 

PG 1. Collin Sexton
  2. Matthew Dellavedova
SG 1. Alec Burks
  2. J.R. Smith sq_red_side.gif
SF 1. Rodney Hood sq_red_side.gif
 

2. David Nwaba sq_red_side.gif

I'm looking at a depth chart that contains Collin Sexton, who I said would be useless no matter how many minutes he got. Burks is not a quality add. 

Edited by miasma16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked him up last week as a streaming option (utah had 4 games) and he s--- the bed, now he's on Cleveland and suddenly the hottest commodity..... WTFF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Born_Slippy said:

Just look at the Cavs depth chart... 

 

He is worth an add IMO

 

PG 1. Collin Sexton
  2. Matthew Dellavedova
SG 1. Alec Burks
  2. J.R. Smith sq_red_side.gif
SF 1. Rodney Hood sq_red_side.gif
 

2. David Nwaba sq_red_side.gif

 

Where's Clarkson in that table? Thought he would be another beneficiary of the Cavs current roster alongside Burks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sleeper here, 4 games this week no hood or clarkson . Injuries held Burks back multiple seasons but he looks fluid in a Cavs uniform. He’s a pro compared to others on the roster and good locker room guy. All aboard? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked him up yesterday, so we’ll see how the wind blows. I’m hoping something sticks as I could use his scoring right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CityBaller8 said:

Sleeper here, 4 games this week no hood or clarkson . Injuries held Burks back multiple seasons but he looks fluid in a Cavs uniform. He’s a pro compared to others on the roster and good locker room guy. All aboard? 


It's hard to forceast ROS value currently while they play without Hood, Love, Clarkson and Nwaba, but Rodney Hood has been playing pretty poorly all season, and can also play the 3 in most circumstances.  They also seem dead set on bringing Nance off the bench, so a long-term starting lineup of Sexton, Burks, Hood, Osman, and Thompson with Clarkson/Nance running the second unit is definitely possible.  Having a second playmaker next to Sexton is valuable.  I think Nwaba and Love getting healthy muddies the water, as Love will be a usage vacuum and Nwaba is a great wing defender.   

Edited by Kriggly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s wasting his opportunity to do something. 0-6 from the field? C’mon man?!?

Cant trust him at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Cozie said:

He’s wasting his opportunity to do something. 0-6 from the field? C’mon man?!?

Cant trust him

Unfortunately this has kind of defined his career. He'll look great a couple games than lay a couple of duds the next couple. Rinse and repeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.