• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Sign in to follow this  
ST. STEVEN

Jeff Wilson 2018 Outlook

*DEEEEEP Dive ALERT*

It appears he may have leapfrogged his way to the direct back-up RB for Breida in SF. Which in the Shanny scheme could be a semi relevant development...

He looks like a NFL back, 6' 200 lbs, and was a solid player in college at North Texas-- was given a combine invite, though I could not track down his numbers there. He was a college lead back and caught the ball well...

Look, I know most will scoff at this thread, but this is the time of year where guys can emerge from practically nowhere. Also it's not like Breida is the picture of health either. In 16+ teamers, JWJ bears watching. He showed well in his NFL debut, running for 33 yards on seven carries (4.7 average) and added one catch for eight yards. Wilson nearly had a touchdown as well. He was initially credited with a 9-yard touchdown run before a review revealed that his knee touched down just before the ball crossed the goal line.

“We came back from the bye week, (and he) had a great week of practice last week," Shanahan said. "It was nothing against Alfred (Morris). We just wanted to give Jeff the opportunity, and he did a really good job with his opportunity.”

ARTICLE: https://www.49ers.com/news/dante-pettis-and-jeff-wilson-two-49ers-skill-players-to-watch-down-the-stretch?sf203168579=1

Edited by ST. STEVEN
  • Like 4

McKinon, AlfMo, Breida, JuicyStick, Mostert ... 

WILSON. 

Cast Away all scoffing, and consider the kid ... Breida was ltd yesterday.

remember Samkon Gado? Nick Goings? Jerome Harrison?  amirite?

• Like 1

Breida was limited again yesterday, but I am sure it is just managing his reps...still bears watching his involvement today-

Had a feeling! Really impressive day. It's obv more scheme than anything, but Wilson has plenty of juice and looked good catching the ball too.

Showed some toughness by getting back into the game after getting checked out. Also some smarts by leaving, knowing full well Breida would get himself further injured, thusly guaranteeing a work share next week! We all know you can not trust Shanny Jr (like his papa) but this system produces numbers for the rushers...and he did do the work in practice to jump up the depth chart. His floor is scary, but I am naively buying in...

Edited by ST. STEVEN
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Also some smarts by leaving, knowing full well Breida would get himself further injured 

this is so beautifully deviant - you guys got many beers coming on me.  

• Haha 1

So anyone not named Alfred Morris will thrive at RB for the 49ers. 

39 minutes ago, benjee5o4 said:

Breida out this weekend, top waiver pickup for ppr leagues if you're desperate 

will outscore Spencer "Asiata" Ware from here on in.  

$$$ BANK$$$

• Like 3

This reminds me of the year Hyde got hurt and that terrible 49er RB became an RB2 in the fantasy playoffs just from volume alone. What was that guy's name again? And that wasn't under a Shanahan offense.

Just now, yanksman said:

This reminds me of the year Hyde got hurt and that terrible 49er RB became an RB2 in the fantasy playoffs just from volume alone. What was that guy's name again? And that wasn't under a Shanahan offense.

This isn't that guy, but reminds me of Samkon Gado.

Yeah there's a bunch to like here:

-Shanny scheme

-Commitment to run the ball, they are the 3rd highest rushing team in league despite many awful game scripts

-Solid O-line

-Alf will be active, but can't catch so Wilson would get the pass game work in all likelihood

-Matchup is OK v Den in SF

-Wilson would appear to have some decent and well-rounded skills for a RB

35 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Shane draughn? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Could this be Shaun draughn? 

Edit Oops didn't see the post above. HC was tomsula

Edited by potatoetree