Sign in to follow this  
Rotocious

Goff @DET or Winston vs CAR WHIR

So in my league they are both projected for 26 points.  Goff is @DET coming off of a bye week.  Winston is at home vs Carolina coming off of a really strong performance against San Fran at home.

Detroit is ranked 24th against QBs where as Carolina is a bit more favorable being ranked 27th against QBs.  Seems pretty even here.  What do you guys think?

WHIR

What about the concern with The Rams game becoming The Todd Gurely show?  The Rams are favored to win the game by 10 points and that spread may go higher.  Gurely had the least amount of touches going into the bye week (his lowest scoring out put in the highest scoring game too lol) I think he's going to get a ton of work and could really water down the pass game especially when Detroit can't keep up.

I think the Winston Fitzmagic thing is over.  At this point you have to just stick with Winston he's the future of your franchise you didn't draft him 1.1 to start a journeyman QB over him.

I think there's plenty of concern to start Winston over Goff here... I'm leaning Winston but both should do well.  I just think Gurley can hurt Goff if The Rams just decide to run the piss out of him fresh off a bye in a game they should blow out.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TrueShoe said:

What about the concern with The Rams game becoming The Todd Gurely show?  The Rams are favored to win the game by 10 points and that spread may go higher.  Gurely had the least amount of touches going into the bye week (his lowest scoring out put in the highest scoring game too lol) I think he's going to get a ton of work and could really water down the pass game especially when Detroit can't keep up.

I think the Winston Fitzmagic thing is over.  At this point you have to just stick with Winston he's the future of your franchise you didn't draft him 1.1 to start a journeyman QB over him.

I think there's plenty of concern to start Winston over Goff here... I'm leaning Winston but both should do well.  I just think Gurley can hurt Goff if The Rams just decide to run the piss out of him fresh off a bye in a game they should blow out.

I see what you're saying... but the "what if's" could be endless.  What if Goff just dumps off to Gurley and he runs them to the house?

Goff has tossed 3 or more TDs in the 3 of his last 4 games.  If I had to get burned by the wrong decision... I'd rather not have Goff left on the bench.

I have the exact same decision to make, and it’s just too hard to sit Goff.  I wouldn’t be shocked at all of Winston plays better but I’m much more confident in Goff overall so that’s who I’m choosing.

the lions interior line is strong so I bet they’ll get gurley on the outside with some screens and dumps helping Goff out.

Thanks for the response on mine. I know it’s a tough decision here but you have to go with Goff. Too much uncertainty with Winston, even in a great matchup. Especially considering that he could get benched for Fitz at any moment

I lean Goff here. There are too many unknowns in fantasy, otherwise rankings would be reality, but you gotta attach yourself to a known offense that has proven it can score. The in-game benchings in TB don't help Winston either (I have Winston and I'm never stoked in starting him, but it's a 2QB league, so I gots to)

Thanks for the help with mine

Have to go Goff here. I have the same situation as well. I can’t afford the possible in-game benching risk on the most critical week of the FFL season. Yes, I’m concerned about the game flow with Goff and the real possibility they will run Gurley a lot (especially at the goal line). But you possibly leave a lot of points starting Winston. It has already happened 3x with TB QB’s this year.