joebaker23

Damien Williams 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

1 hour ago, cnewbykkn said:

And yet again, you are wrong, already changing your argument to "other threads" since that was my only post with an opinion in here.  Because I didn't think he was primed for a big night, means I was lambasting you and others?  Talk about acting like a snowflake.   Coach says West will get 12-15 touches, both Williams' involved the week before....plenty of evidence to argue he was not primed for a big night.  

But by all means, you keep being sensitive. 

and feel free to find the nothingburger comment....All Knowing strikes again I see.

The fact that you're the type of person to call people 'snowflakes' unironically is even less surprising than Damien Williams' performance last night.

Just now, Sartorialism said:

The fact that you're the type of person to call people 'snowflakes' unironically is even less surprising than Damien Williams' performance last night.

Pretty surprising, eh?  Thanks for your contribution.

Paging @All Knowing

your analysis of last night’s game is urgently requested. We also want to know who else you advise heavily against, so that we may plug them in 😏

10 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

Paging @All Knowing

your analysis of last night’s game is urgently requested. We also want to know who else you advise heavily against, so that we may plug them in 😏

I was dead wrong, what you want me to say? i was convinced i was right before the game, and i posted what i thought would happen... Sorry to anyone that took my advice, my intention wasn't to hurt anyone but to help people by giving a differing opinion on why i thought he was a JAG, and why it wasn't certain he would get the full workload or produce, i was wrong about everything,.....on top of all that, the little Super Jag stole a TD from my mahommey, terrible night for me all around. not the first time i'm wrong, wont be the last. @Joe Odami'm right 70% of the time tho, better than most, so it wouldn't be smart for you to fade me again, quit while your in the black. Congratulations to all that started him.

Edited by All Knowing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, All Knowing said:

I was dead wrong, what you want me to say? i was convinced i was right before the game, and i posted what i thought would happen... Sorry to anyone that took my advice, my intention wasn't to hurt anyone but to help people by giving a differing opinion on why i thought he was a JAG, and why it wasn't certain he would get the full workload or produce, i was wrong about everything,.....on top of all that, the little Super Jag stole a TD from my mahommey, terrible night for me all around. not the first time i'm wrong, wont be the last. @Joe Odami'm right 70% of the time tho, better than most, so it wouldn't be smart for you to fade me again, quit while your in the black.

To be fair @All Knowing send me a PM 1 min before game time and told me to plug in DW - phew.

3 minutes ago, All Knowing said:

I was dead wrong, what you want me to say? i was convinced i was right before the game, and i posted what i thought would happen... Sorry to anyone that took my advice, my intention wasn't to hurt anyone but to help people by giving a differing opinion on why i thought he was a JAG, and why it wasn't certain he would get the full workload or produce, i was wrong about everything,.....on top of all that, the little Super Jag stole a TD from my mahommey, terrible night for me all around. not the first time i'm wrong, wont be the last. @Joe Odami'm right 70% of the time tho, better than most, so it wouldn't be smart for you to fade me again, quit while your in the black. Congratulations to all that started him.

Best post of repentance I’ve seen in a while. 

As a result, you’re left looking good and I’m left unsatisfied. Well played sir 

Edited by Joe Odam

Just now, Joe Odam said:

My house, 7pm to fix the second part...

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

My house, 7pm to fix the second part...

But....what about the other guy?

three’s company?? 😳

2 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

Nah man be Satisfied, eggs on my face, you hit big on the waiver wire in the semis, and you're likely in the championship game because you stuck with it,  Starting Williams was a boss move...

again i'm truly sorry to anyone i steered wrong, hopefully sony, ingram or whoever else has something close to Williams, and i hope it doesn't cost anyone their week, 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, All Knowing said:

Nah man be Satisfied, eggs on my face, you hit big on the waiver wire in the semis, and you're likely in the championship game because you stuck with it,  Starting Williams was a boss move...

again i'm truly sorry to anyone i steered wrong, hopefully sony, ingram or whoever else has something close to Williams, and i hope it doesn't cost anyone their week, 

Your class, integrity and humility are not welcome in this thread sir!!! 

🤔

Damien Williams was spectacular last night. 27.3 pts 

If you started him congrats. 

I believe if Darrel Williams was the only running back available last night he would have been spectacular. 

Looking at what Spencer Ware & Damien Williams were able to do in Kareem Hunt absence, makes me believe Kareem could be just another JAG on another team. 

Edited by shakestreet

I started him last night but unfortunately, i also started mahomes,kelce and badgley. So i am not sure how I feel about last night, feel like i cannot truly appreciate it :(

40 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Damien Williams was spectacular last night. 27.3 pts 

If you started him congrats. 

I believe if Darrel Williams was the only running back available last night he would have been spectacular. 

Looking at what Spencer Ware & Damien Williams were able to do in Kareem Hunt absence, makes me believe Kareem could be just another JAG on another team. 

No.  Hunt woulda house called that 40 yard pass play by Damien and Williams showed last night he really isn't much of a true workhorse runningback barely getting 10 carries when he was playing lights out.  Hunt was by far the best pure runningback on the Chiefs roster with Ware being the next best.  Darrel looks like he actually could be a solid between tackles RB too but Williams by far is best suited for CoP and pass catching duties however as we see last night he is capable of being leaned on more than we have seen in his career for good results.  I  just have doubt you could see him do what he did last night a full 16 games like Hunt was on his way to do.  

Damien has some juice though when he was pushing that pile in the red zone I was certainly impressed with the dude.  He just feels crazy slow for someone that Michaels last night said had 4.4 speed.  

Edited by Zak0221
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

No.  Hunt woulda house called that 40 yard pass play by Damien and Williams showed last night he really isn't much of a true workhorse runningback barely getting 10 carries when he was playing lights out.  Hunt was by far the best pure runningback on the Chiefs roster with Ware being the next best.  Darrel looks like he actually could be a solid between tackles RB too but Williams by far is best suited for CoP and pass catching duties however as we see last night he is capable of being leaned on more than we have seen in his career for good results.  I  just have doubt you could see him do what he did last night a full 16 games like Hunt was on his way to do.  

Damien has some juice though when he was pushing that pile in the red zone I was certainly impressed with the dude.  He just feels crazy slow for someone that Michaels last night said had 4.4 speed.  

I was for sure he was gonna take that screen to the house in 1st quarter...then he slowed down and got caught.

6 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

but.....isn't that exactly what we said? You argued profusely that JAG level talent does not trump opportunity. That's where you hopefully learned the biggest lesson. Fantasy doesn't always care about "career stats". The best managers embrace that and take risks that counter popular or even "expert" opinion 

Get over yourself bruh. Williams has been owned in my league since the moment the Hunt video came out. My opinion about the Williams situation last night costed me nothing because there was never even an opportunity for me to acquire/start him.

Keep trying to call me out though when you didn’t even have the courage to post a prediction about his line. 

Edited by MJJ28

4 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

I was for sure he was gonna take that screen to the house in 1st quarter...then he slowed down and got caught.

He didn't slow down.  He just has no top end speed and was caught somehow.   If that was an elite NFL talent, its a house call but the middle tier guys it's much much harder.  Let's you appreciate the dudes who can consistently house things. 

Damien was extremely impressive last night on the short week, able to take advantage of the Chargers decimated front 7.  Was very pleased with how angry and violent he ran even if he didn't go very far at times.  Hopefully for fantasy purposes, Ware sits out another week to get his hamstring healed and its the WIlliams show again.  

Keep an eye on Darrel for next year bois. Coach Reid knows how to fit proper talent into his system time and time again, he is able to plug in guys that are effective.  He is approaching kinda legendary status at this point in terms of his offense and how many years it has been fantasy friendly productive. 

Edited by Zak0221

14 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Get over yourself bruh. Williams has been owned in my league since the moment the Hunt video came out. My opinion about the Williams situation last night costed me nothing because there was never even an opportunity for me to acquire/start him.

Keep trying to call me out though when you didn’t even have the courage to post a prediction about his line. 

Awww, you silly little fella. You are incredibly well versed at being wrong. So much fail. I posted MANY times that his FLOOR was double digits. The only thing I missed was the eruption that took place.

“Bruh”

13 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

Awww, you silly little fella. You are incredibly well versed at being wrong. So much fail. I posted MANY times that his FLOOR was double digits. The only thing I missed was the eruption that took place.

“Bruh”

Leave the call outs to the people who actually saw the big game coming then champ. You aren’t as good as you think you are, JAG poster with an ego the size of the moon.

Edited by MJJ28

5 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Leave the call outs to the people who actually saw the big game coming then champ. You aren’t as good as you think you are, JAG poster with an ego the size of the moon.

If you're gonna come into a guys thread and make post after post saying he isn't a good play and then he turns out to be a great play, you could at least have the dignity to eat your crow gracefully. 

11 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

That’s not how this works champ. Lol

when you’re right, you get to call out the people who are...wait for it....wrong

it seems you’re really struggling to find the courage to admit to all of us that...well...put our money where our mouths were by starting him...that you were grossly mistaken. Once you do, this will all be over 😘

• Like 1

Damn this confirms what I said in the Kirk Cousins thread. Playoffs make for an emotional time lol...

Women get it every month. Men get it weekly from weeks 14-16

• Haha 2