joebaker23

Damien Williams 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

11 hours ago, dakimbell said:

what about Josh Adams? Quit acting like you are some savant for starting Williams, you were begging for start sit advice in the AC thread prior to the game, asking if you should start Damian Williams over Josh Adams..

Begging? I simply asked lol. Oh, and that's was before Ware was ruled out, so I was still thinking they were going to split the touches. Was a no brainer when Ware was ruled out on game day.

Edited by Dexter75

Obviously if Ware's out he's a lock and load RB1, but I think even if Ware is back he might be serviceable. He looked light years better than Ware, and I'm sure that was very evident to the coaching staff as well. I'd expect over 50% of the touches for him even if Ware returns, and in this offense that could still equate to very solid production.

7 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Obviously if Ware's out he's a lock and load RB1, but I think even if Ware is back he might be serviceable. He looked light years better than Ware, and I'm sure that was very evident to the coaching staff as well. I'd expect over 50% of the touches for him even if Ware returns, and in this offense that could still equate to very solid production.

i tend to agree here, but let's not forget the other DWilliams  will be involved as well ... just don't think there's enough volume to trust in the 'chip - now, if Ware sits, then ya fire Damien up wif confidence. 

• Like 1

I dont think Ware is rushed back if he is still feeling injured.

But if he puts in a full practice this week and or AR says hes gtg and the starter

Cant roll w DWill

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

I dont think Ware is rushed back if he is still feeling injured.

But if he puts in a full practice this week and or AR says hes gtg and the starter

Cant roll w DWill

yea I'm guessing most of us have D Will and Ware so if we hear news we can do a swap out if Ware is out.  I hope Ware gets ruled out b4 Sunday to make this easier.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

yea I'm guessing most of us have D Will and Ware so if we hear news we can do a swap out if Ware is out.  I hope Ware gets ruled out b4 Sunday to make this easier.

Yup, worst case scenario in this situation is Ware playing imo. Full blown RBBC in that case, severely limiting both of their upside

3 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

Shall we commence in prayer, for Spencer Ware, to handle that hammy with care? I can't imagine the coaches would dare, to rush back a player, that just wouldn't seem fair. :ph34r:

GIsersU.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

GIsersU.gif

Finally someone uncovered my inspiration 🏆

Edited by Joe Odam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Provided Nuk isn’t seriously injured, this is the only concern about my team this week, with a potential RBBC in KC.

29 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Provided Nuk isn’t seriously injured, this is the only concern about my team this week, with a potential RBBC in KC.

Thanks for the update, my day is now stress free.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Spencer grabbed his leg

Many a fist pump that spawned

Stiffness he still feels 

...This Haiku has been thoughtfully penned by DWOAM...the Damien Williams Owners Association of Murica

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

Spencer grabbed his leg

Many a fist pump that spawned

Stiffness he still feels 

...This Haiku has been thoughtfully penned by DWOAM...the Damien Williams Owners Association of Murica

Fat Man scoffs at this

Over Twinkies and KoolAid

He plots to run West

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, erollinc said:

where are y'all ranking him if ware plays?  people seem to think he's going to be productive regardless. 

Just becomes way more risky and hard to predict if Ware plays. Overall his floor drops, while his ceiling still remains relatively high in the Kansas offense. This applies to both him and Ware.

If they are both active, unless I have no other options, I won't be starting either. They could be in the  low RB3 to high RB2 range. 

Can't see how you can trust either in a title game if both practice and are active. Best case scenario is Ware sits

I’ll be the first to call my shot. If I’m wrong I’ll eat it.......Ware ain’t playing. The Chiefs are locked into the playoffs and gain ZERO advantage by rushing him back from a soft tissue injury before crunch time. I could see him practicing this week on a limited basis and then being declared out Saturday or early Sunday. Gut shotB)

PS if this prophecy is fulfilled I will write poems for each one of my players all season next year 

PSS I will write them for yours as well for a small investment of $.99 per player/per game. PayPal only. Taxes and fees apply 

Edited by Joe Odam

5 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

I’ll be the first to call my shot. If I’m wrong I’ll eat it.......Ware ain’t playing. The Chiefs are locked into the playoffs and gain ZERO advantage by rushing him back from a soft tissue injury before crunch time. I could see him practicing this week on a limited basis and then being declared out Saturday or early Sunday. Gut shotB)

PS if this prophecy is fulfilled I will write poems for each one of my players all season next year 

PSS I will write them for yours as well for a small investment of $.99 per player/per game. PayPal only. Taxes and fees apply 

I second this. I have shares of both. Just judging by the hamstring injuries around the league this year, I'd handle this with precaution. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, erollinc said:

where are y'all ranking him if ware plays?  people seem to think he's going to be productive regardless. 

He's a RB1 if Ware doesn't play. That became very evident last week. If Ware plays he becomes a risky RB2. I still think he gets the majority of the touches, but whether that's 45//40/15 or 65/30/5 is impossible to predict. You know you'll get a TD or two from their RBs, but how that gets split up is really a crapshoot if all three play.

54 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

They are not locked into the #1 seed. If they lose the division they fall to the #5 seed. That's a HUGE difference. Bye week vs first playoff game being on the road.

3 minutes ago, yanksman said:

They are not locked into the #1 seed. If they lose the division they fall to the #5 seed. That's a HUGE difference. Bye week vs first playoff game being on the road.

the Chargers had more at stake last week and still sat MGIII ... long term prospects usually trump immediacy, especially when the team has a legit shot at the Super Bowl. 

• Like 1